GhostCorps (New Ghostbusters banner)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sony Sets Up ‘Ghostbusters’-Branded Production Banner Ghost Corps. The first project, will be a male Ghostbuster films to go with the all female film.

With its female-centric “Ghostbusters” set to bow next summer, Sony is now looking to find other ways to capitalize on the franchise by creating the production company Ghost Corps, which will spawn a “Ghostbusters” universe through branding opportunities based on the hit films.

“Ghostbusters” helmer Ivan Reitman and writer-star Dan Aykroyd will head up the company along with Reitman’s Montecito Production partners Tom Pollock, Ali Bell and Alex Plapinger. The focus of the banner will be to find ways to capitalize on the “Ghostbusters” name through movies, TV projects and merchandise.

The banner’s first order of business is developing a new “Ghostbusters” pic that will serve as a counterpart to the Paul Feig female-driven one that will begin production in June.

“Captain America: the Winter Soldier” directors Anthony and Joe Russo are loosely attached to direct, with Channing Tatum and producing partners Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan also coming on to produce. Drew Pearce is on board to pen the script.

We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment,” Ivan Reitman tells the outlet. “This is a branded entertainment, a scary supernatural premise mixed with comedy. Paul Feig’s film will be the first version of that, shooting in June to come out in July, 2016. He’s got four of the funniest women in the world, and there will be other surprises to come. The second film has a wonderful idea that builds on that. Drew will start writing and the hope is to be ready for the Russo Brothers’ next window next summer to shoot, with the movie coming out the following hear. It’s just the beginning of what I hope will be a lot of wonderful movies.”

Ghost Corps production company will create Ghostbusters movie universe | Variety

Re: GhostCorps

When this original rumor hit a few months back, it had the Channing Tatum part right and they also mentioned it'd co-star Chris Pratt. Dunno if that will still be a part of the plan.

Aykroyd also said recently he was trying to get another movie off the ground aside from the female version, and that the original guys like he, and Hudson would be in that one, which I'm now assuming is this.

sounds like feminist anger to me:

Sony Is Planning A "Guy-Themed"

They are morons who can only see things through a filter of hate. Feminism is supposed to be about equality, so I don't consider those clowns real feminist. They're garbage as far as I'm concern. Personally, I don't care about either film. However, now that they have a production company that focuses on the brand and "mythology" (one good film and a cartoon :lol), I would be interested in a live action film based on "The Real Ghostbusters" animated series. I'm also interested in the merchandise.

They are morons who can only see things through a filter of hate. Feminism is supposed to be about equality, so I don't consider those clowns real feminist. They're garbage as far as I'm concern. Personally, I don't care about either film. However, now that they have a production company that focuses on the brand and "mythology", I would be interested in a live action film based on "The Real Ghostbusters" animated series. I'm also interested in the merchandise.
yeah, sadly that was before the internet got a hold of it (Specially twitter and tumblr) Im just saying, I expect to see news of boycotts and angry letters to Sony soon,
Dan might even have to make a public apology to make them calm down :lol

yeah, sadly that was before the internet got a hold of it (Specially twitter and tumblr) Im just saying, I expect to see news of boycotts and angry letters to Sony soon,
Dan might even have to make a public apology to make them calm down :lol

:lol Yeah, althouhg I wouldn't mind an apology for Blues Brothers 2000 :monkey3 He'll probably make another Blues Brothers film with a female cast or something to make the "feminist" happy :lol

They're gonna start rolling out the trilogies now, release dates earmarked well into the future. We'll have a colony on the moon and manned missions to Mars by the time they're done.

Or the whole thing will be a total failure and abandoned.

Back