Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

I do like the fact that it's Jason Reitman directing. Ghostbusters is his father's legacy, and from Ivan's comments it seems like this is something Jason has always pushed against wanting to get involved in. It's a lot of pressure, and expectations so it makes sense that he'd want to steer clear of it. Now that he is involved, though, I'd certainly like think it's a good sign and that he has come up with something so good that he just couldn't resist.

Or they drove a dump truck full of money to his door and he has got a mean cocaine habit

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Get Murray in as early as possible, give him carte blanche to help develop something interesting to him, and I think it could do well. It's probably it's only chance to get the punters back on board, Venkman as a major player again, not just a glorified cameo. I love Dan to bits, but he'd show up to the opening of an envelope, there's nothing exciting about seeing Stantz again, as it's a foregone conclusion he'll be in it.

One more chance to get Seth Rogen in a Ghostbuster suit along with Jonah Hill and Paul Rudd.... with Will Ferrell as the Evil One, and special appearance by Melissa McCarthy as the Clumsy Secretary.... oops, I'm sorry, Clumsy Assistant.

Is everyone forgetting Murray signed onto the 2016 movie and allegedly thought it was good but ragged on Ghostbusters 2?

Get Woody Harrelson, Matthew McConaughey, Will Smith and Matt Damon. Go with the A list actors first. No clowns like Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, or any SNL alum. Take the movie seriously and the public will too.

Is everyone forgetting Murray signed onto the 2016 movie and allegedly thought it was good but ragged on Ghostbusters 2?

I thought Murray signed on to that because of a 'get him in this at all costs' campaign from the suits which ended in threats of litigation from Sony to force him into it?
(Or is this just urban myth?)

Heres my script.

The world lost. Gozer came back and was summoned to take over, which he did. People have been living in a demon haunted world for over a decade.

The world is a living hell.

Then a young man finds the hidden secret of the Ghostbusters , tucked away in a barn. Little does he know that he will need more than just their technology to save the world....

What happened to the Ghostbusters?

You never find out because they leave that detail for part 2 of the planned trilogy that never happens because part 1 wasn't received well enough. See the Terminator and Predator franchises for the past 10 years. :lol

I didn’t realize there was a teaser until now. :lol I really like the tone. I hope it’s more of a supernatural horror, maybe similar to the video game - that would be wonderful nice after the full-blown comedy 2016 Ghostbusters.

I think this is my most anticipated movie right now. Very interested.

I thought Murray signed on to that because of a 'get him in this at all costs' campaign from the suits which ended in threats of litigation from Sony to force him into it?
(Or is this just urban myth?)

That was Sony’s backup plan in case he had decided to say “no”, but they didn’t have to because he signed on by his own free will.

CkpA3V4WEAAEed_.jpg

This must have been early on in development since it’s from 2013.

The new team will most likely have a woman in it....maybe two. The boy clubs are over, so expect a woman in every movie as part of the team.

The new team will most likely have a woman in it....maybe two. The boy clubs are over, so expect a woman in every movie as part of the team.

Whats wrong with that?
th

This thread quickly turned into "Vagbusters".

Back