Jason Reitman's GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife - March 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

I don't like teens being ghostbusters, it makes me immediately think of stranger things, and that doesn't work. Teenagers aren't going to build proton packs. And please don't let them stumble into an abandon barn and find nuclear accelerators by happenstance.

So... did anyone else play the cool video game? :lol

76558072-CE97-4C4F-9C7B-DBD3FD839061.jpeg0E429C6C-3846-4ADF-96D3-0E898CAECCC4.jpeg
I think they could’ve had a woman ghostbuster way sooner if they had utilized Siqorney better for a third movie.
Her and Moranis who suited up along in 2 with John Candy and Akroyd could’ve worked.

Last edited:
Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

That sweater thou....
giphy.gif

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If you’re looking forward to this movie you’re a mysogynistic fanboy:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42311/forbes-writer-blasts-new-woke-free-ghostbusters-paul-bois

Oh for god’s sake. While I have mixed feelings about a sequel to the original coming out so many years after the original (or part two for that matter), isn’t it possible that most people who didn’t bother to see the remake, did so because they had an attachment to the original and didn’t want to see anyone else besides the original actors and characters?

I know that for me personally, that’s what it was. Although Sony didn’t help their cause when they started accusing everyone who wasn’t interested in seeing it as being misogynistic. I doubt insulting prospective customers ever works very well.

I’m sorry if Leslie Jones was sent nasty messages from people. Nothing excuses that behavior, but again, it’s a two way street. I don’t think any of it is probably Leslie Jones’s fault, but having a bunch of actors and other people involved with the movie throwing out bigotry accusations while trying to promote the movie probably didn’t help things.

View attachment 440578View attachment 440579
I think they could’ve had a woman ghostbuster way sooner if they had utilized Siqorney better for a third movie.
Her and Moranis who suited up along in 2 with John Candy and Akroyd could’ve worked.

One of the main reasons this will fail..no Ramis :( R.I.P.

Another , Murray looks too old now , even if it’s their relatives or kids :slap

Some of the “Real Ghostbusters” toys had Janine sporting Ghostbusting coveralls, complete with the arm patch.

s649008395989639175_p2122_i6_w788.jpeg

51zZUFxNYVL.jpg

I hope they don’t have a CGI ghost Harold Ramis. You know they have to explain why the main tech/ghost analysis guy isn’t there if this is in the same universe with original cast members returning.

Jason Reitman’s GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Summer 2020

Some of the “Real Ghostbusters” toys had Janine sporting Ghostbusting coveralls, complete with the arm patch.

View attachment 440650

View attachment 440651

I hope they don’t have a CGI ghost Harold Ramis. You know they have to explain why the main tech/ghost analysis guy isn’t there if this is in the same universe with original cast members returning.

Well, no not really....they use the same reason he isnt here in the real world....he died.

Its just most of us with our nostalgia OCD wont accept anything but a direct sequel to GB1&2 and that ship sailed about 20 years ago.

Honestly, I love these films, they are fun and cool to watch. So bring it on. Hell I didnt even hate the reboot.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I gave the reboot a chance, I didn't want to just dismiss it outright, but for me it was desperately unfunny, the jokes crude and forced. The cameos were wasted, especially Bill Murrays, they were just there to be disrespected, and that the one thing I can't forgive. It's been a while since I saw it, but the last straw for me when someone refers to Murray as 'Not fit to be a Ghostbuster' or something along those lines. It just seemed to me like the movie was flipping the bird to fans of the original.

A Real Ghostbusters film would be the perfect reboot. You get new young actors to play the cartoon version of the characters in their distinct colorful outfits. You get the original characters played by new actors and in no way affecting or "disrespecting" the original. They can even have a female Ghostbuster in the team with Janine.

They never even said it would be "men only" tho, just set in the original universe - like The Force Awakens.

If I remember correctly the people over at Collider said it would be two teen males and two teen females.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so unusual that they never made a third film, considering how many franchises from the 80s got a trilogy. I know GB2 wasn't as good as the original, but it made some money, and they had a hit cartoon show until the early 90s, and a popular attraction/ride at Universal Studios.

If I remember correctly the people over at Collider said it would be two teen males and two teen females.

Teens? Lame. Two girls.... predictable. My gueess, this team will also include an Asian teen for that Chinese money.

Teens? Lame. Two girls.... predictable. My gueess, this team will also include an Asian teen for that Chinese money.

They also said it won’t play overseas in China. The remake with the female cast was denied a release by China as well. They really need to hit a home run with this new movie and make as much money as possible. Otherwise the franchise will be dead for a long time.

Back