J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

Thanks for the YouTube link!! That one works for me.

I was hoping for some footage, but this is a nice teaser. It was nice to hear Nimoy!

Looks good. I can't wait to see it tonight when I go to Cloverfield.

Saw this teaser last night and while it looked cool.. but where was the ship originally built? ON Earth, in Earth orbit or Utopia Planetia Shipyards? If this is a complete reboot, ignoring Star Trek:Enterprise ok, but I still don't know why you would build a space ship that big on Earth. :dunno

Looks cool, I definitely liked hearing Nimoy... please oh please, I hope this doesn't suck!

Saw this teaser last night and while it looked cool.. but where was the ship originally built? ON Earth, in Earth orbit or Utopia Planetia Shipyards? If this is a complete reboot, ignoring Star Trek:Enterprise ok, but I still don't know why you would build a space ship that big on Earth. :dunno

This, in a general sense, is my biggest fear as well. There's no need or reason to jettison any of the established history of the Trek universe just because they "can". The original Enterprise was built in the San Francisco shipyard orbiting Earth. The Enterprise-D was built at the Utopia Planitia shipyard. None of the Enterprise ships were ever built ON Earth.

I didn't see this when I went to Cloverfield today, so prepare to be disapointed. I'm no Treker though, so I could careless, but figured some of you might want to know it may not be attached to EVERY screening of Cloverfield.

I didn't see this when I went to Cloverfield today, so prepare to be disapointed. I'm no Treker though, so I could careless, but figured some of you might want to know it may not be attached to EVERY screening of Cloverfield.

That's odd because Im pretty sure it was actually attached to every print. :dunno

I just saw the teaser trailer on youtube and I got chills... I love it when I get chills when seeing a trailer. The last time it happened was with "The Phantom Menace". I suppose the next time will be for the new Indy movie!

I did see it before Cloverfield tonight. It was great to see on the big screen.

I think the Enterprise does look like the early photo we saw.

enterprisegm7.png

I just saw the teaser trailer on youtube and I got chills... I love it when I get chills when seeing a trailer. The last time it happened was with "The Phantom Menace". I suppose the next time will be for the new Indy movie!

I really haven't been keeping up with this movie, but when I saw the teaser before Cloverfield, I got a bit of the chills too. I guess it's time for me to start getting excited for this one.

I saw it before Cloverfield too... wish I hadn't seen it online first :monkey2 But still very cool, and Ironman looks insane :rock

I got chills watching this teaser, but I kind of wished they hadn't gone the whole "history of space exploration" real audio clips. Smacked a bit too much of "Enterprise". But the ship looks cool and it's great hearing Nimoy, although he sounded kinda old. They should have figured out a way to have Shatner involved too - I'd rather hear him say it again.

I didn't get a real sense that the ship was being built terrestrially, but I might have missed something.

I didn't get a real sense that the ship was being built terrestrially, but I might have missed something.

Well the fact they didn't have any space protection on sorta shows it wasn't built in space and as RoboDad said, San Francisco Ship Yards orbiting Earth was where she was built.

Yeah, I figured maybe they were inside of a huge dome in space working on it. But hard to say... I though the "under construction" was a funny thing to put in the trailer. Honestly as far as we know this could not even be part of the film, but just something fun they wanted to have for a trailer.

I got chills watching this teaser, but I kind of wished they hadn't gone the whole "history of space exploration" real audio clips. Smacked a bit too much of "Enterprise". But the ship looks cool and it's great hearing Nimoy, although he sounded kinda old. They should have figured out a way to have Shatner involved too - I'd rather hear him say it again.

That's what I was thinking too. It was strange hearing Nemoy doing the opening instead of Shatner. And he did sound very old.

I didn't think it looked like it was being built terrestrially, but it was hard to tell. I didn't notice if they were wearing spacesuits. I was too busy looking at the ship.

Hearing Nimoy reminded me of the end of Wrath of Kahn, which can only be a good thing.

Just got back from Cloverfield. This trailer -- teaser I mean -- rocked. I'm not a big Star Trek fan but it got me excited to see it "reimagined".

Hearing Nimoy reminded me of the end of Wrath of Kahn, which can only be a good thing.

Exactly what I thought.

Personally I've never cared for Shatner except when he's making fun of himself or singing. Plus leaving him out of the film got him all flustered and ranting in the press which was fun for me to read. :monkey5

*possible spoiler*

Anyone read how this film is tied into The City On The Edge Of Forever episode, my personal favorite Star Trek ep? JJ Abrams rocks!

Back