J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I think a seething, intense, boiling Spock is much more scary and emotional than just seeing him burst out like any old "human".

There's nothing like that seething anger Spock shows in ST6 when he bats the phaser out of Valeris's hand. You see that deep, profound anger coming from the depths of his soul, just peeking out, and it is way more intense and frightening than a shouting match would have been. Ditto when he shows that bit of pain after his mind meld and he says with a slight break in his voice, "She does not know."

And you wouldn't believe the idiots that were calling that rape. :cuckoo:

Mind rape. :lecture

But the look in her eyes said she totally wanted it.

https://www.news.com.au/world-news/...hsi-wife-meloney/story-fndir2ev-1226727283178

Putting together my rough draft for Star Trek 3:

After Spock's disappearance from the prime universe, Picard starts a (you guessed it) Search for Spock. He enlists the aid of Wesley Crusher, who is now a Dotor Who-esque traveler of space and time, due to his time spent with the Traveler. For some unknown, metaphysical timey wimey reason, they also must enlist the aid of Captain Kirk, because of his intrinsic time-bond to Spock, or some other such metaphysical nonsense. No, not Pine's Kirk, the real Kirk. William Freakin' Shatner. So, they return in time to the Nexus and Picard and Kirk team up against Soran again, only this time Kirk doesn't die, and he joins with Crusher and Picard on their "Search for Spock." All 3 of them, possibly enlisting the aid of other classic, Prime Universe Trek characters (Data?), cross over into the Nu Trek universe to retrieve Original Spock. Whatever threats and so forth that they face with the Nu Trek crew are up for debate.

make+it+so_2.jpg

At least mine doesn't deny that it's utter nonsense for nonsense's sake.

I'll give you that, but why not turn the franchise around? There's still a substantial amount of potential there. With a new director, we can rejoin them a few years into their 5-year mission and have an original story that puts the Science Fiction back into Star Trek, while JJ works the Science Fantasy in Star Wars, where it belongs.

I'll give you that, but why not turn the franchise around? There's still a substantial amount of potential there. With a new director, we can rejoin them a few years into their 5-year mission and have an original story that puts the Science Fiction back into Star Trek, while JJ works the Science Fantasy in Star Wars, where it belongs.

I'm all for that. It's going to require some creative clean-up to turn JJ's crew of teen drama misfits into an actual starship crew, and if they can hire a competent creative team intent on doing that, I support them 100%.

Or they could just go with my idea, and blow up the new timeline and start from scratch. :nana:

I've got it - the incident in which Nero created the new universe actually resulted in an unstable 'bastard universe' that is doomed to collapse in on itself. This adds a new urgency to the New Search for Spock - it's actually a rescue mission. And the new crew gets to die as heroes in the end, sacrificing their own lives to save their Prime Universe counterparts.

From that point, launch a new Doctor Who-esque Star Trek series (with the occasional movie) in which Wesley and friends travel through space and time within the Star Trek universe(s), righting wrongs and visiting (or revisiting) historical events, even picking up the occasional traveling companion along the way (who may or may not be someone we already know from Trek). Wil Wheaton, Patrick Stewart, Leonard Nimoy and Brent Spiner, all together for the most epic Star Trek TV series in history. Pure gold.

Last edited:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wKYG4jdIbk[/ame]

Just watched this for the memories. ^This was incredible Star Trek. Gul Dukat was a villain to rival the proper Khan.

Putting together my rough draft for Star Trek 3:

After Spock's disappearance from the prime universe, Picard starts a (you guessed it) Search for Spock. He enlists the aid of Wesley Crusher, who is now a Dotor Who-esque traveler of space and time, due to his time spent with the Traveler. For some unknown, metaphysical timey wimey reason, they also must enlist the aid of Captain Kirk, because of his intrinsic time-bond to Spock, or some other such metaphysical nonsense. No, not Pine's Kirk, the real Kirk. William Freakin' Shatner. So, they return in time to the Nexus and Picard and Kirk team up against Soran again, only this time Kirk doesn't die, and he joins with Crusher and Picard on their "Search for Spock." All 3 of them, possibly enlisting the aid of other classic, Prime Universe Trek characters (Data?), cross over into the Nu Trek universe to retrieve Original Spock. Whatever threats and so forth that they face with the Nu Trek crew are up for debate.

You forgot the part where the Enterprise fights Galactus and Darth Vader takes over San Fran and Federation Headquarters...Lets not forget Thor and Abraham Lincoln get to fight and Clint Howard gets to come back:slap:dunno

.....so...did anyone watch the DS9 vid I posted? (not my vid but I thought it was a great condensing of the coolest stuff from the dominion war arc)

Back