J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of anyone on the ship who would have grieved at Kirk's death and been believable it would be Bones. Kirk and Bones's friendship was well established in the first film. Also at this point I like Karl Urban better than most of the cast and he was underused so it bugs me.

"Hey Bones, the ship's in a lot of danger. Whatcha doin'?"
"I think f---ing with dead tribbles is the best use of my time."

I love his character too, and Scotty. They need to develop new stories instead of trying to rehash old ones and use these characters better.

Can't see YouTube videos since I'm at work. Did the original Gorn model show up in the game? If so, I might have to play it.

Not in the game, but you really should see that video.
iha9.jpg

I think the movement in that fight scene was faster than the original. :lol
:lol:lecture

I didn't watch much of Enterprise. I had no idea there was ever a Gorn and a Constitution class ship in it with the retro sets and uniforms. Seeing that has made me curious.

Yeah the 4th season of Enterprise is pretty good. The Gorn was a little less successful then the Tholian in the 4th season imo.

:lol:lol:lol That was great, thanks for posting.

I didn't watch much of Enterprise. I had no idea there was ever a Gorn and a Constitution class ship in it with the retro sets and uniforms. Seeing that has made me curious.

Watch "In a Mirror Darkly" Pts. 1 and 2. It's a direct sequel to TOS episode ""The Tholian Web"
AhhUJcP.jpg

Podcast with Bob Orci

“I am hoping that these movies have earned us a degree to go a little more sci-fi. In the first two movies, Paramount has been great in just trusting us in what we were going to do. You can’t blame the evil studio for whatever you hate. You have to blame us. My hope is that these movies have earned us the right to show another side of Star Trek that we have not fully shown yet. A genuine sci-fi mystery; that would be nice.

The third one — and this is based slightly on fan response — the third one should just be unpredictable with as many new elements as possible.”
I hope so too.

I wouldn't have minded so much about returning bad guys had they done it well. They didn't. So probably best to steer clear of that.

I hope JJ sticks a beer brewery in a star destroyer.

Yeah what in the world was he thinking putting that 19th century mass of steaming pipes into a 23rd century starship...it was a JOKE and not a funny one...

Putting together my rough draft for Star Trek 3:

After Spock's disappearance from the prime universe, Picard starts a (you guessed it) Search for Spock. He enlists the aid of Wesley Crusher, who is now a Dotor Who-esque traveler of space and time, due to his time spent with the Traveler. For some unknown, metaphysical timey wimey reason, they also must enlist the aid of Captain Kirk, because of his intrinsic time-bond to Spock, or some other such metaphysical nonsense. No, not Pine's Kirk, the real Kirk. William Freakin' Shatner. So, they return in time to the Nexus and Picard and Kirk team up against Soran again, only this time Kirk doesn't die, and he joins with Crusher and Picard on their "Search for Spock." All 3 of them, possibly enlisting the aid of other classic, Prime Universe Trek characters (Data?), cross over into the Nu Trek universe to retrieve Original Spock. Whatever threats and so forth that they face with the Nu Trek crew are up for debate.

Putting together my rough draft for Star Trek 3:

After Spock's disappearance from the prime universe, Picard starts a (you guessed it) Search for Spock. He enlists the aid of Wesley Crusher, who is now a Dotor Who-esque traveler of space and time, due to his time spent with the Traveler. For some unknown, metaphysical timey wimey reason, they also must enlist the aid of Captain Kirk, because of his intrinsic time-bond to Spock, or some other such metaphysical nonsense. No, not Pine's Kirk, the real Kirk. William Freakin' Shatner. So, they return in time to the Nexus and Picard and Kirk team up against Soran again, only this time Kirk doesn't die, and he joins with Crusher and Picard on their "Search for Spock." All 3 of them, possibly enlisting the aid of other classic, Prime Universe Trek characters (Data?), cross over into the Nu Trek universe to retrieve Original Spock. Whatever threats and so forth that they face with the Nu Trek crew are up for debate.

So much for leaving the past in the past!

So much for leaving the past in the past!

But I thought our goal was to throw in as many pop culture Star Trek references as possible.... Picard was going to get in a "Shut up Wesley" at some point, also gesticulate wildly at the viewscreen while shouting WTF about something, and probably even facepalm once or twice for a good measure. Oh, and Pine's Kirk would die in Shat-Kirk's arms, and his last words would be "It was fun." C'mon, this stuff is sheer brilliance.

Back