J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

Wow, I like that a lot. Like Enterprise, they can't make it look like the '60s stuff, but this is just retro enough and incorporating the best of the movie A. I'm really looking forward to this - here's hoping JJ can pull it off.

Oh Boy!

I do like that shot of the Enterprise! It's got a retro feel to it yet futuristic. Sort of like the cars in the fifties with the big fins. Streamlined!

It will work for me as a precursor to the Enterprise of the original series.

Quite honestly I see them taking a cue from Star Trek:Enterprise in the design which I don't mind since this is more of a reboot. It has that look like this would be the next step in technology from the NX-1701. *sigh* I think if UPN wouldn't have killed Enterprise we could have had a nice, interesting lead in, but then again we might not be getting the new film had they not axed it.

Tyler Perry as the commandant of Starfleet Academy?
I guess as long as he's not wearing a dress when he reams Kirk for the Kobiyashi Maru, I'll be okay with it.

:lol

Tyler Perry as the commandant of Starfleet Academy?
I guess as long as he's not wearing a dress when he reams Kirk for the Kobiyashi Maru, I'll be okay with it.
:lol

I'm praying that's a joke. I'd hate to have to boycott this film!

Tyler Perry is a horrible, horrible actor and he brings that cross-dressing baggage with him.

And it's too bad about the pic - hopefully the real one is even better.

51RTT0RN9XL._SS500_.jpg

I always swore I would never watch a movie with this guy in it. Now I will have to relent.

That Enterprise ship image was discredited back when AICN reported it. It's apparently been around the net for awhile. It's interesting and I like some of the design elements but it's a little too different then the first series starship. I think they should update everything else but the major elements of the Enterprise's exterior, it's just too nice a design to screw up.

And I also hope that Tyler Perry rumor is untrue, I didn't know who he was until I looked it up. "Oh, it's that unfunny cross dressing black guy" is not something I want associated with Trek.

The Star Trek trailer will hit Friday with Cloverfield.

Here is the Enterprise:

enterprisegm7.png

Good to hear, I hope it makes it to the web shortly thereafter. That shot of the Enterprise looks great, even though I think I read somewhere that it was built in space and not on Earth which is where I think that shot places it. Not a big issue, I just hope the story, acting, and special effects are good enough.

Notice the top covering/sheathes on the nacelles,towards the front?
Those are on the "leaked" Enterprise model that was denied by Paramount and the F/X creator as being the new ship.
I believe that was the new design after all.

Back