J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

I'm not sure about Karl Urban as Bones. He just does not fit the role all that well. The first bit of casting that I'm not liking, hopefully he'll prove my uncertainty wrong since Bones is a majorly important character.

I'm not sure about Karl Urban as Bones. He just does not fit the role all that well. The first bit of casting that I'm not liking, hopefully he'll prove my uncertainty wrong since Bones is a majorly important character.

Agreed. I can't see him in the role at all. I hope he proves us wrong though.

I like him as an actor, but he's not really the first person that came to mind when thinking about who should be cast in the role. I am also hoping that he will do OK but I wasn't expecting it.

I didn't imagine him as a Southerner, but then I just looked at IMDB and he will soon be appearing in the miniseries "Comanche Moon" which is a prequel to "Lonesome Dove," in which he will be starring alongside Steve Zahn in the role originally played by Tommy Lee Jones (Zahn will be playing a young Robert Duvall). So we will get a chance to see him try out a Southern accent in a prequel twice in the space of a year.

I'm not comfortable with the choice of Karl Urban in this role, it just doesn't do it for me. I think Karl Urban has done well in his other roles but I just don't think he fits this character.

Yeah, I'm just not sure I buy Eomer as Bones. We'll see...

Hmmm....Tom Cruise, Matthew Fox, Josh Lucas, all of these people mentioned for Pike and they went with Greenwood? A little disappointed but its interesting that the cast is done and preliminary shooting should begin.

Can we just time travel to the future where the DVD of this is on the $7.00 budget rack next to "Lost in Space"?
I'm sorry...but from casting to the director (someone on another board nicknamed him ""Jar Jar Abrams") to the screenwriters...this just sounds like a big train wreck.

I dunno, this sounds like it's going to be REALLY good. Mostly unknown cast, but still have Nemoy. And it can't be ANY worse then the mess Nemesis was.

The casting of the actors playing Kirk and Spock is spot on. As far as their appearences are concerned.

How about this....

QuintoSpock3.jpg

...and here's a shot floating around the net proporting to be Abram's "Enterprise"....
2149838405_68b99435a4_o.jpg

It's a little retro in an interesting sort of way....but why am I getting a "galactica" vibe off this? Who's doing the effects for this new "Trek"?

Back