J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it today and it was AWESOME! Having been watching the Remasters on TV for the past year now, it was cool to see a lot of things make it into the movie as well. That green hottie who was Uhura's roommate was nice. She looked like the she-hulk a bit. Speaking of the Kobiyashi Maru, wasn't Kirk eating an apple in the Genesis cave when telling the story in TWOK, just like he was doing during the actual event?

Saw it today and it was AWESOME! Having been watching the Remasters on TV for the past year now, it was cool to see a lot of things make it into the movie as well. That green hottie who was Uhura's roommate was nice. She looked like the she-hulk a bit. Speaking of the Kobiyashi Maru, wasn't Kirk eating an apple in the Genesis cave when telling the story in TWOK, just like he was doing during the actual event?

You are correct sir! Yes, he was. My favorite line of his from that scene is "I don't like to lose"! Classic. Star Trek II is still my favorite to this day. :D

That green hottie who was Uhura's roommate was nice.

:drool:drool:drool

startrek_2.jpg

Too bad she (presumably) died :crying:crying:crying

I saw it again on Thursday night before it left IMAX (damn Night at the Museum) and it was still packed (seemed like there were first time vieweres there too, since lots of people were still clapping and cheering during a lot of the scenes.

And I'm glad to hear it's still bringing in money, even with Terminator in theaters. Hopefully, Up! won't hurt Trek too much next week.

Yeah, if Star Trek can keep its profits going steady every week, it may reach up to $200 domestic box office gross. Add in what's it made already internationally, and that should be around $400+ million total! :joy

I saw one interview with Chris Pine where he said something like "we (the cast) have signed up for two more (movies)...if this one makes money". Well, it already has. :banana

Necropost!

Red Letter Media has put up a review of JJ Abram's Star Trek:

https://www.redlettermedia.com/

If you've seen his Star Wars prequel reviews you know how good they are. But he threw us a curve ball here, since he actually likes the Star Trek movie! As he says in the review, he's not criticizing it, he's analyzing it.

Very good stuff!

Back