J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

Are there any rumors about who might be playing Christopher Pike? Maybe Spock is already serving with Pike as the story begins and Kirk is introduced.

I remember reading somewhere that Tom Cruise was rumored to have a cameo as Pike.

I have to admit, I haven't been following it very closely. But I am looking forward to it. It may be a little strange seeing others play my favorite characters from my childhood but I won't dismiss it like some die hards may. Hopefully they do a good job with it.

I'm very eager to see the new Trek film! So far the casting has been brilliant. But I really hope they update the costumes and sets since early Trek didn't have a large budget. It'll also be interesting to see how they deal with the incredibly archaic computer technology of the early Trek.

So Chris Pine is confirmed as the young Captain Kirk. I did not see him opposite Lindsay Lohan in "Just My Luck" and I wasn't paying attention when my wife was watching him in "Princess Diaries 2" so I can't say how well I think he will do in a Trek role. Based just on his looks, I think he could make a pretty reasonable young Kirk. But can he act?

ChrisPine_Cohen_8569899_400.jpg

Just to fuel the rumor report, I read on theonering.net that Karl Urban (Eomer from LOTR) is in talks to play McCoy.

I'm definitely looking forward to this! I love Star Trek, especially TOS, so I have hopes this won't suckass. However, its a tough call as to what will happen... especially with how hit-and-miss Trek movies are.

As a big Trek fan I am looking forward to this although I am still torn on the idea of other actors playing the roles of the OS crew.

I don't know...the more I read n' see about this, the more it's looking like it's going to make that horrid "Lost in Space" re-boot of a few years back look like an all-time classic. Urban as McCoy? That's some re-boot...

You know I never really followed Trek. I did get into Deep Space Nine for a bit but never could catch myself enough for the others. With all of these castings I'm interested to see how this movie pans out.....I'm definitely heading to the theaters to see it but I'm interested if all of this casting news is to cover a lack of substance....its a definite concern for films like this and Miller's JLA where they cast interesting and pretty people but the fear is that the story itself is flawed.....

Also, its interesting when they do prequels of films that are that old....will they go the ROTS route and make the actors look 70s?

And will SSC support this film with 1/6 or even PFs?

Last edited:

Being that J.J. Abrams is making this movie, what do you guys think about casting Matthew Fox from LOST as Christopher Pike? Also according to IMDB Eric Bana will be playing the character of NERO.

Huh.....so we have:

1. Chris Pine as Kirk
  2. John Cho as Sulu
  3. Simon Pegg as Scotty
  4. Zoe Saldana as Uhura
  5. Anton Yelchin as Chekov
  6. Zachary Quinto as Spock
  7. Eric Bana as Nero
  8. Karl Urban as Bones

Other than Christopher Pike, who else needs to be casted?

Back