J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek

Okay, I must be ignorant because I've never been able to get an HD trailer to play in real time. I have a fast cable modem and a decent computer, but even if I allow plenty of time for it to download, it always just shows stutter frames on play back. What's the secret to HD trailers on the internet?
I never try to stream them. I download them while doing other things (Free Download Manager rocks at that) and then just play them back with QuickTime later. And FWIW, even playing back locally, I've found that it can take a pretty powerful processor and graphics card to play 1080p smoothly. I usually go with 720p, and I have no problems.

I wonder if Christmas is crowded? I can't imagine that it's that they can't finish it. I don't see any catalyst for this move at all.

The only really big titles that I know of coming out around that time are Half Blood Prince, which will be a threat, but since it comes out at Thanksgiving, it wouldn't be a MAJOR threat by Christmas, and The Day the Earth Stood Still, which will either be huge, or a huge bomb.

Beyond those, the field is wide open in December (from my perspective as a Trekkie, at least).

The studio apparently thinks it will make more money as a summer film. The last Trek film didn't do well during the holiday season, but they put it up against Bond, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. This year, the competition is less fierce and you would think that it would be a sure thing in December.

I'm not really liking the fact that we won't be seeing it for another 15 months now.

:google

In May it's already up against Wolverine and Angels & Demons and who knows what else by the time it roles around. But I guess they have some confidence in it if they think it can be a summer tentpole.

I bet this pisses off Playmates. I'm sure they were looking to hit the Christmas season hard with the toys.

A bit disappointing but I'm okay with it. It is strange that they won't hit Christmas time with this since nothing else is coming out and would be the perfect time. I think they either may be a bit behind on the special effects or they don't want to compete with The Day the Earth Stood Still thinking that it's Scifi and don't want to compete with another Scifi film. :confused:

This really sucks. I'm by no means a big Star Trek fan, but I swear to god I almost creamed myself when I say the trailer in Imax. So fraking awesome!!

The teaser was okay. But I wonder why they'd be welding things in the 23rd century. No one comes up with anything better between now and then?

Seems to me that if I had a transporter, 23rd century computer and a warp drive, I could beam starships into existence en masse.

The studio apparently thinks it will make more money as a summer film. The last Trek film didn't do well during the holiday season, but they put it up against Bond, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. This year, the competition is less fierce and you would think that it would be a sure thing in December.

I'm not really liking the fact that we won't be seeing it for another 15 months now.

:google

Me too Tom.....But how do they know that it's STILL not going to go up against other BIG releases then??. I mean Summer in the US is when it all happens. I just hope it is worth the wait..

The teaser was okay. But I wonder why they'd be welding things in the 23rd century. No one comes up with anything better between now and then?

Seems to me that if I had a transporter, 23rd century computer and a warp drive, I could beam starships into existence en masse.

Hmmmm...so I guess that solder holds up at warp speeds????:confused:

sucks big time, but i atleast hope that the extra time will give JJ Abrams and crew a bit more time and not feel as rushed to have it complete.

Can anyone get a poster for me at SDCC?
I will pay you for it plus shipping to Canada.

Pretty please:)

Back