Indiana Jones 5 and the bermuda triangle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temple of Doom and Raiders are actually interchangeable for me, I enjoy them both just about equally.

:hi5:

Not that I have anything new to offer, but IMO ROTLA is the best filmed, scripted, and dramatic of the films. Thus its the one that most gets referenced as a great film. TOD is the funniest, the most exciting, and riproaringest. TLC is the cutest and most sentimental.

Each of them has a good merit depending on what type of mood the viewer is in.

Not that I have anything new to offer, but IMO ROTLA is the best filmed, scripted, and dramatic of the films. Thus its the one that most gets referenced as a great film. TOD is the funniest, the most exciting, and riproaringest. TLC is the cutest and most sentimental.

Each of them has a good merit depending on what type of mood the viewer is in.

I agree with a prog post! Haha!

... but as of today, CG still looks like CG (a concept lost on the Avatards).

Seen LOTR on BluRay? The CG is magnificent, but on BR it stands out like a very very very sore thumb. Way rather watch it on regular DVD where it still looks like a film. Avatards. Sums it up rather well!

Seen LOTR on BluRay? The CG is magnificent, but on BR it stands out like a very very very sore thumb. Way rather watch it on regular DVD where it still looks like a film. Avatards. Sums it up rather well!

Yeah, that's why I don't get all the praise about it. CG's great, but it still looks like CG. I've seen more photorealistic CG in the Final Fantasy stuff. :lol

Yeah, that's why I don't get all the praise about it. CG's great, but it still looks like CG. I've seen more photorealistic CG in the Final Fantasy stuff. :lol

Gotta totally disagree there. The work Weta did with the CG in LOTR is some really great work. The FF stuff cannot hold a candle to it but to each his own.

For me, a model, that you can tell is a model is only slightly better than CGI. The ESB Yoda looks like a puppet and the PT Yoda looks like a cartoon. I fail to see how one is really any better than the other.

LOTR was a classic example of how well practical effects and CG combined. But everybody praising Avatar were having fanboy trouser creampies over the "photorealistic" CG which to me just looked like your run of the mill CG.

I think that the least convincing moments of Avatar involve the blending of the real actors with the CG. For the bulk of the film, we are just looking at CG characters in a CG environment. Of course it all blends together--it's just like Kung Fu Panda. The trick is putting a convincing CG character into a real setting with real actors. To me, Weta's work on LOTR still holds up really well as an example of integration--whereas much of Avatar was just like a completely animated movie.

I remember being blown away at the beginning of The Two Towers when Gollum jumped down and was wrestling with Frodo and Sam. I think that was the first time I recall live actors seamlessly interacting with a CG character.

Back