Indiana Jones 5 and the bermuda triangle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalkyYT

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys i just read this article (see link below) on a possible adventure for Indy 5. Obviously just rumour at the moment but what do you guys think?

https://www.joblo.com/a-possible-glimpse-of-the-mysterious-plot-of-indy-5

Indiana Jones 5 will begin shooting next year, and much of the plot line will be centred around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

"George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained.

"Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added. [/I][/I]

Bull ____ thats exactly what Steven said about Skull and he let Lucas piss all over it with CGI.

I don't even buy the script thing, I'll believe it when I see it. You know how long it was rumored there would be a fourth movie? From about 2 days after Crusade hit theatres and it took 20 years.

i know the bermuda triangle has the power to make boats and planes disappear, but i wonder, if indy takes the the kotcs dvd with him it might disappear too?
im up for another indy but i really hope its not as lazy as the last effort

Bull ____ thats exactly what Steven said about Skull and he let Lucas piss all over it with CGI.

:exactly:

I want to be excited but this is precisely why I won't be. I almost hope for Lucas to bite the dust before then...how can I hate a man that's helped create so much that I love...oh yea, because he also helped destroy it.

The Bermuda Triangle? Sorry, that just doesn't work for me as an Indy plot.

Exactly whats he's going after, a ship it ate? Or he just happens to be eaten by it? Stupid.

They probably want to use it as a lame ass excuse to tranport him back to the 30s or something gay.

I'm split on the reality of this.

After the lackluster KOTCS and the dismal toy sales, you'd think these guys would have to really try this time... but it seems like this idea just got banged out.

Then again, Harrison only has a few years left to even attempt this, so maybe the race is on to get one last adventure in.

In any event, I don't trust them anymore.

I really wish they'd leave this alone.

Really I think they should just leave Indy alone. I'm fine with where he's at after KotCS (honestly I was fine with it after Last Crusade, riding into the sunset seemed like a perfect last shot).

Really I think they should just leave Indy alone. I'm fine with where he's at after KotCS (honestly I was fine with it after Last Crusade, riding into the sunset seemed like a perfect last shot).

Steven himself said he never understood how he could top that. Killing off Indy's father and Marcus and tieing down the greatest adventurer of all time to a marriage that probably won't work was not it.

Exactly, classic adventure ending to a classic adventure series.

The only thing that would make sense is a Sargasso Pirates like story, him doing underwater diving on a sunken ship or something.

But I don't want to see Indy transported to another dimension, and I suspect with all the talk of that sort of thing in Skull "Space between spaces" thats exactly what theyre planning.

I only hope Harrys got the stones to tell Lucas to shove it up his ass like he did back in the Star Wars days.

Steven himself said he never understood how he could top that. Killing off Indy's father and Marcus and tieing down the greatest adventurer of all time to a marriage that probably won't work was not it.

:lecture :lecture :slap :gah: :lecture :lecture

These kinds of chase stories work best when they are simple: interesting McGuffin, great villain, exotic locales, new girl and excellent set-pieces. Like the first two.

Once they got into familial ties and all that, its too hard to continually up the stakes and keep adding family members every episode.

They should get back to their roots.

Of course, then everyone will complain that the storyline is slight and pointless.

I think they could do all that though within what's in the first post. I do think this time Spielberg will go to Lucas and say we did the last one just like you wanted now we do it my way.

Back