My Indiana Jones animated maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! Trevor, it means a lot to me! All the positive feedback is inspiring me to pick up my sculpey for the next character maquette sooner then I anticipated... But first, I really need to finish this one.

I wanted to treat this as if it were maquettes for an actual animated production, so that means that I would only tackle characters that could reoccur in media outside of the films. Short Round would definitely be high on the list, as is Henry Sr.. I'm also thinking Belloq, Sallah, Marcus, German Soldier etc. It's just a thought though, since there are a lot of characters from the movies that I would love to make, like Mola Ram, German Mecanic, Toth, Grail Knight and Marion of course. But now I'm talking like I'm going to have time to make a line out of this. If I do another I think I'd start with Shorty and I'll see after that.

Your work is AMAZING. I'd totally buy Shorty and any other TOD related ones!

Hi mate ,

I have been following your work over the years.

All can say is Fantastic !!!

Keep producing gold and it's always a joy to visit your blog.

Cheers

Thanks for the nice words guys! I hope to be able to follow this up with some photos of a painted version soon. In the mean time, here are some older in progress shots, you can see some of the details better like the head and the statue he's holding.

20100808_IndyMaquette02_small.jpg

20100808_IndyMaquette01.jpg

That is a beautiful, well done, amazing masterpiece, man!

Amazing! What a fantastic piece!

You make me want to see an animated series now :(

Fantastic work, well done.

Wish Sideshow or one of the other license holders would commission this piece, it really is that good.

Wish Sideshow or one of the other license holders would commission this piece, it really is that good.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Like I mentioned before, all the positive feedback encouraged me to pick up my sculpey sooner than I expected, so here is my take on Shorty. He is still a work in progress, but all feedback is welcome! I might be putting together a little tutorial once it's done. Hope you like it.

20110523_ShortyWIP_01.jpg

20110523_ShortyWIP_02.jpg

I said it once before and i say it again.

Always loved your work and you are going to places mate!!

Mark my words!!

Back