Indiana Jones 5 and the bermuda triangle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye, the jokes are more annoying than funny. And really not at all creative...

Everytime, I see a new post I think someone has contributed something worth reading. Then I see its just another attempt at humor.

Yeah, I get what you are saying there. I'm sure it is much easier to interact and react to something tangible. But at the same time acting is acting. Actors and actresses have to act shocked surprised all the time without actually seeing what is actually shocking them. Sure, a genuine reaction is best, but that's not always possible.

Actually even professional actors and actresses have expressed thier frustration at faking interaction when the creature or sometimes even the entire environment they are interacting with is computer generated. They may be professionals, but that doesnt mean that it isnt hard for them; and the resultes definatly speak for themselves. Look at what happened with Star Wars. The prequels were casted with fantastic actors and almost all of them delivered poor performances.

The problem here is that alot of the time it is possible to achieve a genuine reaction. The movie could actually build a set or bring the actors out to a location. There is no reason why the jungle in Indy 4 could have been filmed in a real jungle. But directors and producers feel like saving the time and effort and just CG it.

I definately won't be rushing out to see the next movie unlike last time. I'll be reading reviews first. KOTCS was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Anyone who thinks the last movie is better than any of the other three classics are certainly a few cards short of a full deck.:cuckoo:

There is no reason why the jungle in Indy 4 could have been filmed in a real jungle. But directors and producers feel like saving the time and effort and just CG it.

I believe it was filmed in a real jungle and CGI was done post to "enhance" the jungle. But you're right in the sense that they went overboard with the enhancements and it all ended up looking fake.

Well, seeing as how Indy's a professional when it comes to lost relics, how about:
Indiana Jones and the Search For Practical Effects?

I don't care how tiring it may be, let's not stop from posting more working titles! :lecture

"Indiana Jones and the Early Bird Special" ;)

But seriously, I'm really not looking forward to another Indy flick, especially with Shai LaBouf (sp?) involved. The over-exposure of that guy is ridiculous.

are there any old indy faves ppl would like to see return? i imagine sallah would be the obvious characer, if only to rescue indy from marion and mutt! im in 2 minds about whethe id like to see a grown up short round tho.

I'd like to see Short Round.

Actually even professional actors and actresses have expressed thier frustration at faking interaction when the creature or sometimes even the entire environment they are interacting with is computer generated. They may be professionals, but that doesnt mean that it isnt hard for them; and the resultes definatly speak for themselves. Look at what happened with Star Wars. The prequels were casted with fantastic actors and almost all of them delivered poor performances.

The problem here is that alot of the time it is possible to achieve a genuine reaction. The movie could actually build a set or bring the actors out to a location. There is no reason why the jungle in Indy 4 could have been filmed in a real jungle. But directors and producers feel like saving the time and effort and just CG it.

I don't think that is the best example because there was alot more going into that poor performance than just CGI. I don't think anyone can make, "Hold me, like you did on Naboo, when there was only our love" sound good. It's not like the poor acting performances were only during interactions with CGI.

I don't think that is the best example because there was alot more going into that poor performance than just CGI. I don't think anyone can make, "Hold me, like you did on Naboo, when there was only our love" sound good. It's not like the poor acting performances were only during interactions with CGI.

I dunno. It bugged Liam Neeson so much he swore off ever doing another green screen film again.

Back