Indiana Jones 5 and the bermuda triangle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll never apologize for loving the fridge... everything about it (except for the prairie dog at the end of the sequence, of course). :pfft:

I like KotCS. This is going to make more than one person cry, but I showed a friend who had never seen any Indiana Jones films before Raiders, Crusade, and KotCS in that order and she picked KotCS as her favorite.

All this love for KOTCS has me feeling a bit queasy...:thud:

I don't think KOTCS was as bad as people made it out to be. Personally I think the problem with the movie is not those involved in making it, but with us fans. It's damn near impossible to recapture 20 year old magic.

I don't think KOTCS was as bad as people made it out to be. Personally I think the problem with the movie is not those involved in making it, but with us fans. It's damn near impossible to recapture 20 year old magic.

Both A-Team and Rambo seemed to have no problem doing it. :huh

With all due respect to both A-TEAM & RAMBO (both of which I also enjoy) neither of those franchises has the pedigree of anything even approaching RAIDERS to live up to.

And I still contend that KOTCS is really no big step down from TLC.

With all due respect to both A-TEAM & RAMBO (both of which I also enjoy) neither of those franchises has the pedigree of anything even approaching RAIDERS to live up to.

Yet, it's ironic that both were able to capture the nostalgia while KOTCS seemed more like a watered down copycat film, than a welcome edition. That might be because the bar was set so high with the first three, but it seems like they really didn't even try.

I felt the same about TLC in 1989. Watered down, copycat film. KOTCS is no better, or worse, than that. Just 20 years later with an older Indy and a different father/son dynamic.

I thought the first 30-45 mins rivaled anything from the entire Indy series; it wasn't until they get to the jungle that all the wheels fall off.

:lecture

I agree 100%. Once they get to Peru things start to unravel.

I think when Indy is interrogated and assumed as being part of the Red Scare the poingency was truly there, so with the proper writing the magic is certainly near the surface.

Yeah, I love that scene. Ford particularly channels the classic Indy there and in the diner scene as well.

And while the set-up is silly and the scene itself is pretty bad, his reaction to the snake while sinking in the sand is quintessential Harrison Ford Indy.

Yeah, I love that scene. Ford particularly channels the classic Indy there and in the diner scene as well.

And while the set-up is silly the scene itself is pretty bad, his reaction to the snake in the quicksand scene is quintessential Harrison Ford Indy.

And yet you're left scratching your head after seeing a UFO fly out of an Aztec temple and vanish into another dimension. :lol

At least TLC's ending was tangible. :huh

Back