My Indiana Jones animated maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddyW

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I don't post too often here, mainly because I am only a mild collector of merchandise. I have a few sideshow things of course, my favorite piece being the Raiders of the Lost Ark premium statue. On the other hand, I love sculpting so while I don't buy that much stuff, I love to keep up to date with the newest products which is what keeps bringing me back to this forum. Also, I am a big Indy fan and while most of the other Indy hotspots on the net have gone fairly quiet while George and Steven are sweating over their Indy 5 script, this place is one of the few places where you can find new Indy stuff from time to time, so thanks for that!

Here is a piece I made because I always thought the Indiana Jones franchise would lend itself wonderfully for anything animated, be it an animated series or a line of maquettes. So this is the first in hopefully a series of animated Indiana Jones maquettes. I wouldn't hold my breath on that though, because this one has been in the works for about a year or so...:wink1:

Sorry for the blurry picture, but this is the sculpt as it was, before it went into the molding process, so I hope to be able to show some better pictures of a painted resin cast soon! I hope you guys like it.

20110120_Full_01.jpg

And here is the concept pic I made to figure out the pose and such:
MaquettePose_Color_01.jpg

That is simply outstanding-
A simple & elegant pose that captures Ford better than many 'straight' releases....!

Amazing, Amazing work! Why oh why couldn't GG have given us an Indy maquette as part of their animated maquette line?! Doubt it would have looked this good though. Exceptional work!!! :rock :rock :rock

Thanks for the nice words guys! I hope to be able to follow this up with some photos of a painted version soon. In the mean time, here are some older in progress shots, you can see some of the details better like the head and the statue he's holding.

20100808_IndyMaquette02_small.jpg

20100808_IndyMaquette01.jpg

Looks great! What other characters do you have lined up to make?

An animated maquette line sure would have been fun to collect. Damn you GG! :mad:

I wanted to treat this as if it were maquettes for an actual animated production, so that means that I would only tackle characters that could reoccur in media outside of the films. Short Round would definitely be high on the list, as is Henry Sr.. I'm also thinking Belloq, Sallah, Marcus, German Soldier etc. It's just a thought though, since there are a lot of characters from the movies that I would love to make, like Mola Ram, German Mecanic, Toth, Grail Knight and Marion of course. But now I'm talking like I'm going to have time to make a line out of this. If I do another I think I'd start with Shorty and I'll see after that.

Looking great!! my wife is a huge indy fan and i had to show her this! thanks for sharing!

Back