Hugh Laurie as House Custom Headsculpt by Chris Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me knows that he also wanted to get it to me so that I would post about it on here.

Then wouldn't it help his case to get more heads to more people that have paid and are waiting? What's the point of making one person happy and having them spread the good word if others will be ignored?

Then wouldn't it help his case to get more heads to more people that have paid and are waiting? What's the point of making one person happy and having them spread the good word if others will be ignored?

Yeah, and i'm hoping he does just that. but who knows. he still hasn't responded to my e-mail from yesterday. Hopefully everyone will not get ignored though.

Either way, total bs that buttmunch and the others who were here waaayyy before me still don't have theirs.

I understand that some people are waiting for multiple things, so he isn't shipping those (by request) until they are all done.. but that is like a fraction.. a small fraction.. of the sculpts. And seriously, it does make you shake your head and just say..

what.. the.. :monkey4

For the record the House heads I ordered (from the board rather than ebay) arrived this morning in the UK, posted on July 11th. Not drilled for a Dragon bod as requested but at least they're finally here.
Very nice castings. Unpainted the sculpt looks perhaps nothing more than reasonable (still my favourite of those available... 'til we see what Triad have to offer) but might be able to tease out the likeness a bit more with a paintbrush.

For the record the House heads I ordered (from the board rather than ebay) arrived this morning in the UK, posted on July 11th. Not drilled for a Dragon bod as requested but at least they're finally here.
Very nice castings. Unpainted the sculpt looks perhaps nothing more than reasonable (still my favourite of those available... 'til we see what Triad have to offer) but might be able to tease out the likeness a bit more with a paintbrush.

So, you did NOT get what you ordered, correct?

So, you did NOT get what you ordered, correct?

Wrong.

And a bit on the harsh side too, methinks? You also forgot to embolden my other comment about it being my personal favourite of the three House sculpts presently available. :confused:

The lack of neck holes is an annoyance, gotta get me dremel out, but it's hardly cause for ranting.

The 'nothing more than reasonable sculpt'? But I knew that from the pictures. Heck, if that really bothered me then I'd have a whole pile of Sideshow (and other!) figures here packaged up ready to send back to their makers... probably several before I got around to House too!

So, other than a missing hole, I DID get what I ordered.

Wrong.

And a bit on the harsh side too, methinks? You also forgot to embolden my other comment about it being my personal favourite of the three House sculpts presently available. :confused:

The lack of neck holes is an annoyance, gotta get me dremel out, but it's hardly cause for ranting.

The 'nothing more than reasonable sculpt'? But I knew that from the pictures. Heck, if that really bothered me then I'd have a whole pile of Sideshow (and other!) figures here packaged up ready to send back to their makers... probably several before I got around to House too!

So, other than a missing hole, I DID get what I ordered.

My Apologies.
After howes coming to the Freaks board and promising the best that could be gotten from anyone, I would've expected the VERY BEST likeness available and if it was due to be mounted on a 1:6 figure, for it to be properly drilled out.
If I may ask, when did you place your order?

My Apologies.

No worries :)
It was just that after some of the 'tensions' in this thread I thought it best to clear that up!

After howes coming to the Freaks board and promising the best that could be gotten from anyone, I would've expected the VERY BEST likeness available and if it was due to be mounted on a 1:6 figure, for it to be properly drilled out.
If I may ask, when did you place your order?

The sculpt is now actually growing on me a bit more as shadows fall across it (lol, and no, I don't mean 'I turned off the light and it looks great in the pitch dark!') I still don't think it's the best likeness of House possible... but, for my money (though everyone's mileage will vary) it *is* the best likeness available at the moment. Looking forward to seeing Triad's version though... and hoping they do the fantasy pole-dancing Cuddy too :naughty

As for the order... let's see... (checks mailbox)... somewhere around the 8th of February '09 which would be c.5 days after the WIP pix were posted.

Alright, this is my first post here. It may look dodgy, but I'm not a puppet account speaking out for Chris :angelsmil

I registered on this forum in Feb, hoping to join the mass order for the House sculpt, but only placed my order through Chris's website after the first paintjob was previewed. I'm not one of the early birds, neither am I one of those who purchased through eBay.

My painted house head and cane 2 days ago through international mail, that's after a few polite but firm emails reminding Chris to mail it. I have been in constant email contact with Chris regarding my order, from before it was painted till it was packed for shipping on 5th July when he gave me a tracking number.

Over the next 4 days, the tracking number didn't work, and Chris did not reply to my 2 emails. I raised a dispute with Paypal, and emailed Chris again, he replied the next day, telling me that my package was tucked under some stuff on his table and he forgot to mail it out with the others he was sending out on the 5th. He apologised and provided the same tracking number to Paypal and me.

For the next 2 days, the tracking number still did not register on USPS.com and I was beginning to have doubts that the number was real (yes, call me naive or stupid, but I did believe that Chris would come through with my order :wacky). On the third day, the tracking info was registered and showed that it was posted on the day he said he mailed it and it's on its way!

I would have thought that given his situation and stuff he has to deal with right now, the quality of the paint work would be greatly compromised, but it turned out really nice. The likeness is much better when seen in person, although I don't really like the matted down hair.

Sorry for the long story above, I just wanted to provide as much information as possible and share my experience dealing with Chris.

Here's some badly taken photos of the head on a quickly put together outfit (still needs the right shoes, and the shirt is on its way):

It's great to see that some positivity is beginning to return to this thread.

I hope more orders get filled soon, especially since Chris said he'd be doing these production line style, with help from his wife. It's still too bad that the Sideshow Freaks that started this commission aren't getting theirs filled first and foremost. Maybe that will change in the coming weeks. It would really change the vibe, at least for this thread.

It's great to see that some positivity is beginning to return to this thread.
:monkey5

Yup, it's nice to see the accounts of people getting their orders fulfilled trickling in, although I feel that the ones who placed their orders right from the beginning should have received their orders first.

Our email correspondence has been very cordial and friendly and he did come across as someone very sincere, just lacking time management and communication skills. For example, his "excuse" of forgetting to mail out my item was kinda lame, but turned out to be true, cos the tracking number matched what he sent me when he first said he would mail it.

Hopefully his work flow gains some momentum from now and everyone receives what they paid for.

Anyway, here's Dr House's ID tag which I did from scratch using a screen grab of Chase's ID for reference. I found that Serang's ID was made up and not based on the actual ID worn in the show. It is resized and ready for print. :)

Last edited:
Very nice tag, Boosh! Thanks for sharing it. BTW, Ever drink Bailey's from a shoe? ha ha love the Boosh. You've never even been to The Crunch!
This is all so weird to me. Doubly weird since most of what has been sent out is painted. Makes no sense- sending the unpainted should be easier. there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how he is handling things, except that the people that have gotten things seem to have kept at him by email.

I find it most weird that all the guys getting them are relatively new AND have been able to have constant email contact. All contrary to earlier accounts of not being able to email. Why hasn'tthe fellow who commissioned the sculpt gotten his yet?

Just for the record - mine hasn't arrived yet and it was supposedly sent out by Chris middle of June!

What a tosser!

Very nice tag, Boosh! Thanks for sharing it.
You're welcome :)

BTW, Ever drink Bailey's from a shoe?
I don't get to say this often enough, "I'm old Grrregggggg!!!" :rotfl

I find it most weird that all the guys getting them are relatively new AND have been able to have constant email contact. All contrary to earlier accounts of not being able to email. Why hasn'tthe fellow who commissioned the sculpt gotten his yet?
I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but maybe he is avoiding the forum members cos of the hostility shown toward him? If someone were rude to me, whether I rightfully deserve it, I think I would avoid communication with that person too, let alone dozens of guys from a forum. It's not the way to treat customers, but it's human nature and Chris is clearly not a good businessman or even salesman.

Chris is definitely a right-brain kind of person - artists don't handle criticisms very well, this is very evident in his overly dramatic responses about russian spammers and recasters so far. LOL!

He could be running away from you guys for as long as possible as he tries to finish off the orders at his own pace. Despite the massive backlog of commissioned work and his day job, I'd say he did a pretty respectable paint job on my order.

For the unpainted heads and the order of people receiving the items, I can't think of any good reason why he's not doing that right. But as I've mentioned in the last post, he is quite disorganised and has bad time management, but he was honest and apologetic about it in my email correspondence with him.

Again, I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. I'm not on anybody's side, I'm just here to see cool toys. This is just my speculation as a lurker who was silently reading this thread right from the beginning of the year. I'm not saying it's a good excuse or it's forgivable, just that this is possible. :)

Just for the record - mine hasn't arrived yet and it was supposedly sent out by Chris middle of June!

What a tosser!

Did you follow up with him through emails and reminders? He did not reply me for close to a week after saying he would send it, I sent him a reminder, then when there was no reply after 3 days, I emailed again, all the while being firm but polite in my tone.

Oh yes...and I am told that it was sent etc etc etc and that he even re-sent a new one etc etc

You know I get at least 5 parcels per month from the US - and ALL arrive within 2 weeks.

Honestly, he can keep his crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back