A question for those ripped off by Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'theirs' is $ 11000! Howes must have been a good guy.

Seriously: I am from Germany so I am not the best guy to take control of an US based group class lawsuit. But IF someone feels capable of organizing something like this I would be willing to send him the money I get back from Howes.

I am one of those people who lost money to Chris Howes. I paid for the Gladiator armor set, and I have learned my lesson from it and moved on.

However...

I was one of only a couple of people who actually received the House head and cane set. In the interest of seeing a small amount of justice done, I was wondering if those of you who ordered the House head and never received it would like to have a copy?

I admit, I don't know the first thing about casting and pouring resin heads. What I am proposing is, IF there is someone out there who does casting who would volunteer their services, maybe arrangements could be worked out to buy a limited amount of resin and pour some copies of the head for those people who have already paid. As I said, I don't know squat about resin, so I don't know if it would be feasible. But I am posting this on the off chance that someone knows a way we could make copies of the head available to those who have already paid by charging just a couple more dollars per person to cover the cost of supplies.

Could this work?

Whoa !!!!

Interesting ethical, moral, legal and practical questions here:

Does Howes abandonment of his projects constitute abandonment of "intellectual" property?

Howe's already been paid for them anyway.

If you were to buy a recasted sculpt would you then be forfeiting any right to sue Howe ?

If Howe has already gone to the trouble of of sculpting House, why would'nt he cast them himself ? or even subcontract someone to cast them ?

Do you really want ownership of this s---B-g's "art" ?

Noticed they closed your thread at OSW

Jim

Unfortunately, in order for authorities like courts to make a ruling, don't you need proof of payment and your lack of receiving item? There has to be some sort of trail to follow to indicate what happened.

take him to Judge Judy.:D

recasting his stuff probably isn't the best thing to do cuz isnt that the reason he started cryin' like a baby and got behind on orders? he was dealing with recasters on ebay and it was "slowing down his progress".:rolleyes:

Recasting isn't allowed on this board... whether from a legitimate company or an individual. I understand the original posters intent, but take it off the board...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back