A question for those ripped off by Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Studio49

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am one of those people who lost money to Chris Howes. I paid for the Gladiator armor set, and I have learned my lesson from it and moved on.

However...

I was one of only a couple of people who actually received the House head and cane set. In the interest of seeing a small amount of justice done, I was wondering if those of you who ordered the House head and never received it would like to have a copy?

I admit, I don't know the first thing about casting and pouring resin heads. What I am proposing is, IF there is someone out there who does casting who would volunteer their services, maybe arrangements could be worked out to buy a limited amount of resin and pour some copies of the head for those people who have already paid. As I said, I don't know squat about resin, so I don't know if it would be feasible. But I am posting this on the off chance that someone knows a way we could make copies of the head available to those who have already paid by charging just a couple more dollars per person to cover the cost of supplies.

Could this work?

I could see it working, if there is enough demand for those who got screwed over by Howes, but not sure how many people would want to fork over more cash :dunno

I say we track him down and set him on fire.

i'd rather punch Chris Howes right in the face. but then again, i didn't order a house sculpt. so that's just me. seriously if fate ever let's our paths cross i hope he's wearing a cup. that's all i got to say.

I got screwed on a few pieces.. but I picked up a Serang House so I'm not feeling like I missed anything - only that I lost money

The piece I REALLY want is the shoulder piece for Gladiator to go with Seb's leather armour.

I was thinking more of a nonviolent outcome to this thread, but whatever works I guess. :lol

I realize that asking if people would be willing to fork over even more money for something like this is like pouring lemon juice on a paper cut...but...I couldn't really think of any other way to cover the cost of the molding and casting supplies. We would also have to find someone knowledgeable and willing to do the casting work for the simple joy of helping out those who were shafted.

I don't even know what the supplies would cost, or how many heads there would be. In my naive imaginings, I was thinking three or four dollars per person might cover it. Hell, if this gets off the ground, I would even volunteer to ship the heads out on my dime. It would be amazingly slow shipping, but free.

The piece I REALLY want is the shoulder piece for Gladiator to go with Seb's leather armour.

You and me both. I prepaid for the shoulder piece and the leather pieces for the armor set that never came to be.

Good intentions you have, but on a road to Hell you are headed.

Yeah, probably.

Wait. You aren't telling me to go to hell are you? I can never tell on this board. :)

Last edited:
I too lost money on Howes's House head. I ended up picking up Serang's head instead (which looks better IMO), so I'm good.

Also lost lots of money on all 3 Star Trek heads... but looks like nanjin is going to come through on that.

Guys, just be patient. Custom work takes time, I'm sure Chris will deliver.:peace

Seriously though, we are still planning on setting the man on fire, right?

I dont like that guy since I start in this hobby was the beginning in this forum, I ask for if he can make a sculpt for me the Punisher: War Zone and he start tell me about how good he was an BLA-BLA-BLA...MATTEL and he's father carrier, and I feel he was only TALE TALES OF LYING for all the bullcrap he always wrote in he's post, sorry about other members they lost their money with this SWINDLER.:mad:

I've tried to take the high road with this but damn, I'm out a pile of cash, payed for nearly everything he was "supposed" to be making.

I wouldn't mind dragging his carcass through the courts.

I've tried to take the high road with this but damn, I'm out a pile of cash, payed for nearly everything he was "supposed" to be making.

I wouldn't mind dragging his carcass through the courts.

Well that was a little ridiculous on your part. I paid for one thing and then once I realized that he was being a big ****** I stopped until he had something to show.

No way would I waste more time and money to reclaim less than $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back