Hugh Laurie as House Custom Headsculpt by Chris Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome :)

I don't get to say this often enough, "I'm old Grrregggggg!!!" :rotfl

That and "This is an outrage!" are the two most fun things to randomly yell at people. :D

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but maybe he is avoiding the forum members cos of the hostility shown toward him? If someone were rude to me, whether I rightfully deserve it, I think I would avoid communication with that person too, let alone dozens of guys from a forum. It's not the way to treat customers, but it's human nature and Chris is clearly not a good businessman or even salesman.

Chris is definitely a right-brain kind of person - artists don't handle criticisms very well, this is very evident in his overly dramatic responses about russian spammers and recasters so far. LOL!

He could be running away from you guys for as long as possible as he tries to finish off the orders at his own pace. Despite the massive backlog of commissioned work and his day job, I'd say he did a pretty respectable paint job on my order.

For the unpainted heads and the order of people receiving the items, I can't think of any good reason why he's not doing that right. But as I've mentioned in the last post, he is quite disorganised and has bad time management, but he was honest and apologetic about it in my email correspondence with him.

Again, I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. I'm not on anybody's side, I'm just here to see cool toys. This is just my speculation as a lurker who was silently reading this thread right from the beginning of the year. I'm not saying it's a good excuse or it's forgivable, just that this is possible. :)

This had occurred to me as well, might be an element of spite involved in this...

Pretty sure none.

The guy loves to spread negativity, apparently.

i understand everyone's anger, no problem with that.
but when i disputed the "18 month" thing in another thread,
i was asked by another poster what my interest was, since i wasnt on any of the lists. seems i saw a statement from this individual saying he had bought none of the heads.
everyone VESTED in the conversation has a right to complain, but those who have no money out there should watch in silence, imo

I just don't like seeing fellow Freaks tearing into one another when the focus of our complaints should be Chris Howes.

Exactly. And for the record, I'm still waiting on my order, and have received no further updates on anything from Howes via e-mail except that he's doing what he can amid his deadlines, which we already know.

One thing to keep in mind is that USPS tracking does take a few days to show up online... I sometimes get stuff delivered before its trackable :lol

oldgreg.jpg

This is very true. Also note that Delivery Confirmation is just that, confirmation of delivery. It does not show a tracking path the way UPS's package tracking does.

Pretty sure none.

No, ironman1188 is just outraged that Chris tooted his own horn and promised to sculpt the best House head available, even though he never had any intentions of buying it. He is appalled by the results and now he feels cheated out of the greatest House sculpt he was never going to buy. It all makes perfect sense. :google

Last edited:
it would seem you really dont like noobs?

how many heads are you waiting on?
I have no problem with noobs. Everyone here was one at one time. I was just pointing out that, for the most part, only noobs are jumping to defend howes. Some of them became members around the same time as howes and some are already touting him as "being trustworthy and they know he'll come thru" when everything he's done/is doing points in a different direction.
Pretty sure none.

No, I don't have $ vested in his sculpts. Shame on me. But then againin hindsight I'm pretty glad i waited for the final result before choosing to buy or not.
i understand everyone's anger, no problem with that.
but when i disputed the "18 month" thing in another thread,
i was asked by another poster what my interest was, since i wasnt on any of the lists. seems i saw a statement from this individual saying he had bought none of the heads.
everyone VESTED in the conversation has a right to complain, but those who have no money out there should watch in silence, imo
IMO= In My Opinion, which like you expressing yours, I am allowed to also express. This is a public forum and whether I spent $1000 or no money at all does not negate that what howes is doing and how he's doing it(not doing it) is wrong nor does it negate my right to express my opinion.
and complaints should be left to those who actually have money involved, imo
Again, that is YOUR opinion and I would not be so bold as to tell you that you shouldn't express it. That would be wrong. What else is wrong is the way what howes has done has changed the whole tempo of the forums. Other custom guys here, who have always proved that they were reputable, are now being questioned because new customers see the course that howes has taken and think it to be the norm.
No, ironman1188 is just outraged that Chris tooted his own horn and promised to sculpt the best House head available, even though he never had any intentions of buying it. He is appalled by the results and now he feels cheated out of a greatest House sculpt he was never going to buy. It all makes perfect sense. :google
While another member inferred that you had your head up howes a-s-s, i was hesitant to believe it. I see now that you probably don't, you're just an a-s-s.
I don't recall saying I never had any intention of buying the House head. But, yes, I am outraged that a guy who came here, basicly slapping the face of every other customizer and sculpter, professing that we would not find better sculpts than what he could/would produce and how professional he was has done nothing to prove that and now hides behind lame excuses and the skirts of noobs.
Oh, and to be fair, I am appalled by his House sculpt.
I am not here, just to clear the air, looking to fight with anyone. I can't understand how anyone can read any of these threads, see how howes has mistreated his customers and fellow board members and not be outraged. He sells what people here paid him to make on ebay, he seems to only,for the most part,ship a few heads out to "noobs" who will defend him and refuses to acknowledge the majority of emails people have said they sent him.
Thats ok though, gang up on me. I don't have your money or your product.

I'm not trying to pick a fight either, but with each new head sent out, it's getting a little better, so I don't see the point in constantly harping on a worst case scenario POV.

No, I don't have $ vested in his sculpts. Shame on me. But then againin hindsight I'm pretty glad i waited for the final result before choosing to buy or not.

I'm quite envious of you on that front. I think Howes did a really good job of selling himself as a professional, and the "pay now and pay less" thing was great bait. In retrospect, I won't ever buy a product again before I at least see a prototype. I'm getting ready to sell some 1:6 items I am making, and I am making sure to have product to show first because this whole fiasco has taught me a lesson. If I could have seen his House head before I paid, I never would have ordered. No offense to those of you that like Chris' sculpt, I just don't.

I have no problem with noobs. Everyone here was one at one time. I was just pointing out that, for the most part, only noobs are jumping to defend howes. Some of them became members around the same time as howes and some are already touting him as "being trustworthy and they know he'll come thru" when everything he's done/is doing points in a different direction.
Hi, what's the purpose of pointing out that noobs "are jumping to defend howes", if not to create tension?

You asked that last night and I gave my take on it, through my own experience dealing with Chris Howes. I don't know if it was a rhetorical question not meant to be answered, but I did anyway.

I would have thought that you were insinuating that I was one of Chris's puppet account created just to make him look good, but then I'm more secure and mature than to think that. I didn't feel offended by the suggestion. :)

What struck me as odd was that without acknowledging my reply to your question, you brushed me off with this:

Another noob who got his sculpt already? What are the odds?
I was a little disappointed to read that because I have been a lurker on another forum for years and have seen you posting. I thought that you were above such petty comments.

Thats ok though, gang up on me. I don't have your money or your product.
I hope that you don't read this the wrong way, but it seems that nobody is ganging up on you, it's just that you were provoking the kind of responses you were getting.

I agree that you are entitled to your opinion, but you were taking potshots at Chris, and all other "noobs" when you clearly have no involvement in this and whatever opinions you have were all formed by reading through the posts on this forum, while my opinions are from dealing with Chris Howes in real life.

As far as I know, I said that Chris did some good things, and some bad things, not an opinion, just a factual account of what happened when I bought the head. Nobody I can recall did say that Chris is "trustworthy and they know he'll come thru".

Again, you are entitled to your opinions, but it's not very nice to stir s--- up amongst members, new or old just because you read or heard facets of this story from somewhere.

I would understand if Buttmunch, the guy who commissioned this sculpt expressed the same anger over "noobs" getting the head first, but why are you so upset with those of us who possess it?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood or misrepresented your posts, but that was how I saw it :)

I just don't like seeing fellow Freaks tearing into one another when the focus of our complaints should be Chris Howes.
This, I agree. :lol

I'm not trying to pick a fight either, but with each new head sent out, it's getting a little better, so I don't see the point in constantly harping on a worst case scenario POV.

I would agree with you IF howes was sending them out to the guy who started the commission and then the rest of his SSF customers. He seems to have sent them off to ebay customers first and then a select/random few newer guys who would say to the forum that they got them.

Hi, what's the purpose of pointing out that noobs "are jumping to defend howes", if not to create tension?

You asked that last night and I gave my take on it, through my own experience dealing with Chris Howes. I don't know if it was a rhetorical question not meant to be answered, but I did anyway.

I would have thought that you were insinuating that I was one of Chris's puppet account created just to make him look good, but then I'm more secure and mature than to think that. I didn't feel offended by the suggestion. :)

What struck me as odd was that without acknowledging my reply to your question, you brushed me off with this:

I was a little disappointed to read that because I have been a lurker on another forum for years and have seen you posting. I thought that you were above such petty comments.

I hope that you don't read this the wrong way, but it seems that nobody is ganging up on you, it's just that you were provoking the kind of responses you were getting.

I agree that you are entitled to your opinion, but you were taking potshots at Chris, and all other "noobs" when you clearly have no involvement in this and whatever opinions you have were all formed by reading through the posts on this forum, while my opinions are from dealing with Chris Howes in real life.

As far as I know, I said that Chris did some good things, and some bad things, not an opinion, just a factual account of what happened when I bought the head. Nobody I can recall did say that Chris is "trustworthy and they know he'll come thru".

Again, you are entitled to your opinions, but it's not very nice to stir s--- up amongst members, new or old just because you read or heard facets of this story from somewhere.

I would understand if Buttmunch, the guy who commissioned this sculpt expressed the same anger over "noobs" getting the head first, but why are you so upset with those of us who possess it?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood or misrepresented your posts, but that was how I saw it :)

This, I agree. :lol

Not trying to "create tension" but you have to admit its odd that newer guys, more willing to "defend" are getting product ahead of others who should be getting it.
Sorry if I offended, but you would also have to admit, looking at it objectively, that its strange most of those same newer guys started around the same time as howes on this board. Coincidence? Maybe. Once, Twice... how many before its not.

but you have to admit its odd that newer guys, more willing to "defend" are getting product ahead of others who should be getting it.

Second half of that I'd wholeheartedly agree with - it's bizarre I should be getting my House heads before a bunch of you other guys.

However first bit sounds like a crackpot conspiracy theory being fuelled by wild speculation. If you want someone to defend getting the product - and to let everyone else know they're getting the stuff - then why send to newcomers (who may have just wandered over here to order and left again) or old-timey, mainly quiet lurkers (like myself) who might not post anything?

Personally, I'll subscribe to the half-arsed, disorganised randomness theory.

Not trying to "create tension" but you have to admit its odd that newer guys, more willing to "defend" are getting product ahead of others who should be getting it.
Sorry if I offended, but you would also have to admit, looking at it objectively, that its strange most of those same newer guys started around the same time as howes on this board. Coincidence? Maybe. Once, Twice... how many before its not.
I don't know about the rest, but I never intended to get involved in this thread. The only reason I posted here with (what I think is) a fair and objective observation was that it bothered me a bit that fellow board members were fighting when the common goal is to make sure everybody gets their order delivered or get a refund.

I thought that if I presented solid proof that there are orders being sent out, the rest can cling on to the hope that their orders would be fulfilled eventually, and continue pressing on for it. This is all done on my own initiative, and never in any of my emails did I suggest to Chris that I would post on this forum.

No worries, I'm not offended. :) Just a bit uncomfortable with the bad vibes spreading around here. I agree with you that it is not a coincidence that the newbies got the heads first, but I have to add that I had a seamless line of communication with Chris even before the trouble started.

He treated me the same before and after the first thread here raising doubt that he was ever gonna deliver. There is no way he premeditated the delivery of my order so I would defend him cos when we started communicating, there was no reason to do so.

Having said all that, I must stress that I am not giving Chris a glowing review, it's just that I am not in a position to pass judgment on Chris Howes' character, so I just posted about my fairly good experience while not ignoring the bad experiences everyone else had.

Am I making sense? I'm sleepy and hungry... Crap, the more I speak, the more I sound like I'm defending him LOL!

If you want someone to defend getting the product - and to let everyone else know they're getting the stuff - then why send to newcomers (who may have just wandered over here to order and left again) or old-timey, mainly quiet lurkers (like myself) who might not post anything?

Personally, I'll subscribe to the half-arsed, disorganised randomness theory.
I agree with this point, because I'm from overseas. If Chris is planting newbies in this forum to speak up for him, shouldn't he pick those based in the States if he wants to appease the bulk of his customers and discourage them from seeking legal recourse?

Technically speaking, being an international order, I stood to lose everything because I wouldn't have any legal channels to make any claims if things went bad (assuming his Paypal is already frozen). That was why I felt a mixed sense of happiness and guilt being one of the first to receive my order. I knew that if I posted here, it would make a lot of people unhappy :p

Last edited:
Well, I'll agree with that. It could be the new howes tag :rolleyes:

i was not questing your right to an opion, however:

i was questioned about my "vestment" because i countered the "18 month" statement, nowhere did i mount a defense for anyone, merely pointed out the a certain "fact" was not factual.

you, have, played the "noob" card a few times.

just because a guy states, i got mine, i like the sculpt, or i am willing to wait, does not make him a card carrying defender in the army of howes, its just how you percieve it.

filling this forum with rants about every complaint, when you are not involved, IS POINTLESS.

NO ONE IS GANGING UP ON YOU, YOU ARE JUST MAKING YOURSELF A TARGET.

i was not questing your right to an opion, however:

i was questioned about my "vestment" because i countered the "18 month" statement, nowhere did i mount a defense for anyone, merely pointed out the a certain "fact" was not factual.

you, have, played the "noob" card a few times.

just because a guy states, i got mine, i like the sculpt, or i am willing to wait, does not make him a card carrying defender in the army of howes, its just how you percieve it.

filling this forum with rants about every complaint, when you are not involved, IS POINTLESS.

NO ONE IS GANGING UP ON YOU, YOU ARE JUST MAKING YOURSELF A TARGET.

I'm not "playing the noob card". Its a fact. If you look at the guys who are defending, scratch that, let's just say look at the guys who are supposedly receiving heads, they're all relatively new and pretty much all showed up around the same time as howes,. That having been said, I am not NOR should I be anyone's target. The only target here should be howes. The only goal should be getting the forum member's product or money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back