Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Electro teaser

The figure might end up looking great, but the character in the movie really underwhelmed me. Same with Rhino I guess, somehow they are both easy passes for me. Guess my views on the movies do affect characters I want to pick up.

The figure might end up looking great, but the character in the movie really underwhelmed me. Same with Rhino I guess, somehow they are both easy passes for me. Guess my views on the movies do affect characters I want to pick up.

Nothing to be ashamed of.
Mature and balanced approach to your owm hobby is a beautiful thing :)

I'm interested to see the full release. I won't be getting it but seems like it might be cool looking

:exactly: I always pop in threads to check out announcements regardless whether I have intention to purchase. always curious to see how they turn out.....

Well first HT love their mechs :lol Bet that was the first character they pursued even before Spider-Man. Also while Rhino is huge , he is composed of many smaller parts. And being a machine, would be easier for them to replicate. They probably had access to a 3D model from the film or something. Organic characters need to be sculpted by hand and are more time consuming. imo I think it would be a bigger investment.

Not saying they don't make one-offs. They've done stuff like Avatar (one of my favorite figures) but that wasn't huge seller for them and maybe they got burned by the experience.

Not saying they don't make one-offs. They've done stuff like Avatar (one of my favorite figures) but that wasn't huge seller for them and maybe they got burned by the experience.

They are putting out Tonto. And that movie was pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the full reveal of this is soon. Not sure if I'll get it but curious how it'll turn out.

Well first HT love their mechs :lol Bet that was the first character they pursued even before Spider-Man. Also while Rhino is huge , he is composed of many smaller parts. And being a machine, would be easier for them to replicate. They probably had access to a 3D model from the film or something. Organic characters need to be sculpted by hand and are more time consuming. imo I think it would be a bigger investment.

The Lizard had a 3d model too though, they would just need to add in joints (could do via program) and bam, done easier then Rhino would be, less parts to work with

Also is Rhino even happening now?

The Lizard had a 3d model too though, they would just need to add in joints (could do via program) and bam, done easier then Rhino would be, less parts to work with

Also is Rhino even happening now?

I would hope HT waits on Rhino to see if there will be any changes between now and Sinister Six to his design. I think most will want a full Sinister Six line up and given how much the suit was used in this film, it doesn't have a huge market yet IMO at the price he'll surely command.

I can't wait for this and rhino. I really liked the movie. Not to marvel level but still very enjoyable. They have stepped up since the original 3. I do hope Doc Oc is involved again as suggested in ASM2 :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how HT executes this. I personally really enjoyed the movie and if the suit for Spidey looks better then the promo will be grabbing him.

Back