Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers barry it certainly looks good in your pics. Im kinda glad she has rooted hair, i think it looks good on some figures but not on all of them.
What version of alice is that? Is it just a kitbash afterlife alice? i keep meaning to get the brother productions clothes set for the extinction outfit you just reminded me haha :clap

Lol. I get ideas like that all the time on this forum!
The Alice is a custom. Alice head and body, HT IM2 Black Widow boots and this clothing set:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/157-HOT-1-...4183?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f22d59c57
I bought a couple of Alice bodies and a few Alice heads on Ebay with a mind to make a few customs. I ended up making just this one.
But it looks cool enough to me anyway.

I think this might also work for an Alice custom:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CC203-1-6-...5706?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f22d5a24a

Wow those clothes look really cool, & the price is very good.
I dunno why but the past few years ive been drawn to more female releases, i got the Battle suit Jill then Alice waited out on the sucker punch girls & thinking about getting angelica from POTC definitely getting Selina kyle. I wonder where you get those boots from in the 2nd link you sent they look beefy

Yeah i keep meaning to get a 2nd alice body as i was bored one day & hated her huge butt so i shaved the rubber off but coz she wears tight pants you see the outline of the plastic where her butt was looks like a robot butt now lol

Wondering why HT decided to release Amber first rather than Sweet Pea. I know this line most likely won't be continued but at least Sweet Pea would be a more suitable choice to accompany Babydoll!

The actress being a Korean, Asian

I see, it could probably be the reason. Which explains why Amber's headsculpt is better than Babydoll in terms of likeness because the sculptor was sculpting a type of face he/she sees everyday. Just like Storm Shadow. Damn spot-on! :rotfl

Wow those clothes look really cool, & the price is very good.

Yes. I am often on the lookout for cool "civilian" clothes for these figures. Although i have a fair few original HT figures, my interest is firmly on customs.

I dunno why but the past few years ive been drawn to more female releases, i got the Battle suit Jill then Alice waited out on the sucker punch girls & thinking about getting angelica from POTC definitely getting Selina kyle. I wonder where you get those boots from in the 2nd link you sent they look beefy

If you mean these boots, then we are all out of luck. Available for $20 a pair a couple of years back(Before i got into collecting), they are now as rare as hens teeth. In case you want to search(And i am looking for a couple of pairs too on the off chance you source them faster than i do), they are "Dollsfigure black combat boots" They also came in white and red, but the black looks best.

Yeah i keep meaning to get a 2nd alice body as i was bored one day & hated her huge butt so i shaved the rubber off but coz she wears tight pants you see the outline of the plastic where her butt was looks like a robot butt now lol

I know EXACTLY what you mean!
I am using an Alice body to make a custom female Iron Man suit and i had to completely remove her *** to get her in the suit!
Here are pics, and also a pic of my "ladies" shelf with my custom Supergirl(The body is POTC Angelica):

IMG_2696_zps08f4dbcb.jpg:original

IMG_2697_zps52ddbc58.jpg:original

SAM_0206_zps0c5186e6.jpg:original

I see, it could probably be the reason. Which explains why Amber's headsculpt is better than Babydoll in terms of likeness because the sculptor was sculpting a type of face he/she sees everyday. Just like Storm Shadow. Damn spot-on! :rotfl

I'd say many would disagree on that point... and not a clear cut agreement as with Storm Shadow..

I'd say many would disagree on that point... and not a clear cut agreement as with Storm Shadow..

I think Babydoll's head(While not a 100% perfect likeness), is a lot better likeness than Amber's.
Amber isn't bad as such. And i'd never sell mine. But it doesn't look as close to the actress as Babydoll's is to my eyes.

Yes. I am often on the lookout for cool "civilian" clothes for these figures. Although i have a fair few original HT figures, my interest is firmly on customs.

If you mean these boots, then we are all out of luck. Available for $20 a pair a couple of years back(Before i got into collecting), they are now as rare as hens teeth. In case you want to search(And i am looking for a couple of pairs too on the off chance you source them faster than i do), they are "Dollsfigure black combat boots" They also came in white and red, but the black looks best.

I know EXACTLY what you mean!
I am using an Alice body to make a custom female Iron Man suit and i had to completely remove her *** to get her in the suit!
Here are pics, and also a pic of my "ladies" shelf with my custom Supergirl(The body is POTC Angelica):

IMG_2696_zps08f4dbcb.jpg:original

IMG_2697_zps52ddbc58.jpg:original

SAM_0206_zps0c5186e6.jpg:original

I really like what your doing with your customs barry, One off's for sure :wink1: Yeah i think its a good idea to experiment with those type of clothing sets available, there's no real rules on what a character should have to wear especially the female ones & they do look good :clap
Yeah i will look around for those boots if i ever come across them i'll be sure to let you know

I really like what your doing with your customs barry, One off's for sure :wink1: Yeah i think its a good idea to experiment with those type of clothing sets available, there's no real rules on what a character should have to wear especially the female ones & they do look good :clap
Yeah i will look around for those boots if i ever come across them i'll be sure to let you know

Thanks.
And like you say, there are no rules for customs. Just what looks good to you.
I have a TFA Cap with a Rescue version head, and a hollowed out helmet which is how i display him.
I have another rescue version head that i am going to display on Avengers Cap when he gets here.
I have four custom Superman figures, a custom Bruce Wayne, a custom Tony Stark, and President Obama wearing a Captain America uniform!
It's all about the figure YOU want to have. Not anyone else's idea of what's cool.

photo-4_zps5438c4b0.jpg:original

Thought I hit the jackpot tonight when I found a brand new Baby Doll on Amazon UK (being sold via a Chinese third party). £65 for her and £17 postage. Ordered her, got my confirmation email along with a new postal charge for £240!

I could have taken it up with Amazon or the seller but time was ticking on my card being charged so it was promptly canceled.

£240!!!! **** off! :rotfl

Thought I hit the jackpot tonight when I found a brand new Baby Doll on Amazon UK (being sold via a Chinese third party). £65 for her and £17 postage. Ordered her, got my confirmation email along with a new postal charge for £240!

I could have taken it up with Amazon or the seller but time was ticking on my card being charged so it was promptly canceled.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't true.
I bought a Babydoll from a guy here on the forum last year. About July i think.
It *never arrived*. He claimed it must have been lost in the post. But never provided me with proof of posting.
THEN he says he can get me another one. But i have to pay an extra $55 for postage.
I am of course still waiting for my refund. Each time i ask, the excuse is worse than the last.
Will the threat of a bad feedback spur him on?
Maybe...

If it sounds too good to be true...

Got one off EBay today for $180 shipped. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I thought it was such a nice figure I'd give it a try and I won. I'm going to try the eye lash thing as soon as it come in.

haha, I fell for the exact same deal last week, luckily the postage appeared in my cart before I hit the pay button, but god, that moment when I thought I'd got babydoll for 65 quid....

I ordered Babydoll from a shop brand new in Europe on Monday it should be here tomorrow or maybe Saturday, I might be selling her on as soon as she arrives as i spied something i else i want last night but don't have the funds due to buying this figure, So if anyone is interested i may put her on the classifieds here. I paid 149 euros for her plus 21 euro postage so it comes in around £150 converted. Don't think you will find her for a price like that brand new unopened. if i get interest i will put her up for sale in the ad's :)

well i buckled when she arrived, had intended to sell her on as soon as she arrived but when i saw her in hand i had to keep her :yess: Amazing figure very underrated indeed. I'm more than happy here's a few quick shots i did not great but you get the idea :)

Thanks Barry :) she is basically as i took her out the box this morning, so dunno if the hair is like that as standard ? Will mess around with her some more when i get time but like i said shes amazing.
HOT TOYS !!!! get the rest of the bloody girls made haha

Thanks Barry :) she is basically as i took her out the box this morning, so dunno if the hair is like that as standard ? Will mess around with her some more when i get time but like i said shes amazing.
HOT TOYS !!!! get the rest of the bloody girls made haha

That's unlikely to happen.
But about the hair, the original promo shots had a side part, but the first batch sent out worldwide all had a middle part. It just looked weird.

Promo image:

Middle part first batch:

Side part:

Back