Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words.:wink1:

I uses eyelashes that specifically made for dollfie similar to this:
JM5001BR4-5.jpg

and eyelashes glue to attach them
th

This is how I did it...
1) cut to right size that fit arch of the eye as well as the length of the eyelashes,
2) bent the eyelashes to shape that match the arch of the eyelids
3) apply glue on the eyelid where you wants the eyelash to position.
4) using clip tool and carefully place eyelash to position, hold that for at least 30 seconds to make sure glue is secure.

Sorry for my poor English and hope you understand the procedure though.

Tips: try practise with an unwanted HS and get to know how the eyelashes response with the glue prior work with your babydoll...

Thanks for the info, might give tha a try.

Like a boss.

I'm only looking £110 quid shipped,(or nearest offer), in the UK. If it bothers anyone that much, for that price, they're effing mad, lol

20130109_163336_zps7c640fb4.jpg

20130109_164817_zps6242b6be.jpg

Boil the kettle and fill a mug with water from it.
Pop off her head and dip each pigtail in the water(Plus each bang).
Re-seat the head and style the hair as you'd like it and then allow it to dry. It will look spectacular after it dries.

do I dip the hair in boiling water? I'm afraid if the hair is made of acrylic or something it will get damaged lol

do I dip the hair in boiling water? I'm afraid if the hair is made of acrylic or something it will get damaged lol

Don't panic. The hair will clump together tightly with the hot water. Style it, and let it dry naturally. Then when it is dry, you can use an old toothbrush to brush the hair and it will loosen up.

Don't panic. The hair will clump together tightly with the hot water. Style it, and let it dry naturally. Then when it is dry, you can use an old toothbrush to brush the hair and it will loosen up.

how hot should the water be?

how hot should the water be?

For mine, I poured boiling water from the kettle into a shot glass and then dipped each pigtail into the glass and then each bang. I seated the head back on the figure and draped it as I preferred.
Then it was just a matter of having the patience to let it air dry. The next morning I gently dabbed the hair and it opened up slightly.
Check my pics above to see the result.

For mine, I poured boiling water from the kettle into a shot glass and then dipped each pigtail into the glass and then each bang. I seated the head back on the figure and draped it as I preferred.
Then it was just a matter of having the patience to let it air dry. The next morning I gently dabbed the hair and it opened up slightly.
Check my pics above to see the result.

k and how do you style the hair

k and how do you style the hair
Well once the hair is wet with the boiling water, a lot of the energy is spent, so you can use your hands without burning them. Just twirl it into the rough style you want. It will *seem* to be too tightly bound, but that's just the water holding the fibres together. The hair will loosen off when it's dry.
Just get the wet hair into the shape you want it in. Then let it air dry. It will take at least a few hours. Give it a full day if you can.

Well once the hair is wet with the boiling water, a lot of the energy is spent, so you can use your hands without burning them. Just twirl it into the rough style you want. It will *seem* to be too tightly bound, but that's just the water holding the fibres together. The hair will loosen off when it's dry.
Just get the wet hair into the shape you want it in. Then let it air dry. It will take at least a few hours. Give it a full day if you can.

ty i will try that, a problem I had with this hair is that when I tried to put on the stupid hairband which is way too tight, it pulled out some hair from the ponytail, not all the way out but slightly, and it was enough to cause the strands to form into hoops, and it looks like a mess, any suggestion to remedy that?

ty i will try that, a problem I had with this hair is that when I tried to put on the stupid hairband which is way too tight, it pulled out some hair from the ponytail, not all the way out but slightly, and it was enough to cause the strands to form into hoops, and it looks like a mess, any suggestion to remedy that?

That happened slightly with mine too.
I haven't fixed it, but the only way to do it is to remove the pigtail wraps, pull the hair loops straight again, and re-wrap the pigtails...

Have kind of a weird request.

Can anyone tell me how tall this body is from the neck to bottom of the legs?

Have kind of a weird request.

Can anyone tell me how tall this body is from the neck to bottom of the legs?

To the pegs(From the neck peg to the feetpegs), it's about 215mm.
It's a pretty short figure. Even wearing her heels.
Her footpegs are 30mm from the base of the stand, and the neck peg sits at 245mm up(So that's where i got the 215 distance).

IMG_2448_zpsf18755b8.jpg

IMG_2449_zpsb9e07a8a.jpg

IMG_2450_zps1089fdd6.jpg

Back