Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my Babydoll finally arrived yesterday. I love it to bits, but I couldn't see it properly from the box so I take a leap of faith and open it. I own a few HotToys but until now have never taken one out of it's packaging... and it was a bad move on my part.

I'm having major problems with her hair. On trying to get the headband on some strands of hair have come loose from the elastic bands holding it in bunches. I have contemplated undoing the elastic bands and re-doing them but I have a feeling I will never get them as tight as they came. I also thought about cutting the loose strands with scissors but I don't really think that's the solution for something which cost so much money!

I'm angry at myself for messing up my figure as she now looks like someone who's angry at me for messing up her beautiful locks rather than the sexily aggressive and badass Babydoll we all know and love.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on saving Ms Browning's locks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

So my Babydoll finally arrived yesterday. I love it to bits, but I couldn't see it properly from the box so I take a leap of faith and open it. I own a few HotToys but until now have never taken one out of it's packaging... and it was a bad move on my part.

I'm having major problems with her hair. On trying to get the headband on some strands of hair have come loose from the elastic bands holding it in bunches. I have contemplated undoing the elastic bands and re-doing them but I have a feeling I will never get them as tight as they came. I also thought about cutting the loose strands with scissors but I don't really think that's the solution for something which cost so much money!

I'm angry at myself for messing up my figure as she now looks like someone who's angry at me for messing up her beautiful locks rather than the sexily aggressive and badass Babydoll we all know and love.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on saving Ms Browning's locks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is it really that "major" or are you just being OCD? Not sure i would undo the bands unless it is "major". Where's Guyver when you need him..:impatient:

Is it really that "major" or are you just being OCD? Not sure i would undo the bands unless it is "major". Where's Guyver when you need him..:impatient:

It's not major, major but it's not tidy looking like how it was when I got it out of the box originally. Why did the hairband not come as a clip on or better yet already on her head...

I'll give it a brush and try adding some water then reassess afterwards. If it still looks bad I'll remove the bands... Wish me luck! :hi5:

I have contemplated undoing the elastic bands and re-doing them but I have a feeling I will never get them as tight as they came.
If you had problems getting the head band on, imagine trying to redo the elastic bands.
I also thought about cutting the loose strands with scissors
That doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

It's not major, major but it's not tidy looking like how it was when I got it out of the box originally. Why did the hairband not come as a clip on or better yet already on her head...

I'll give it a brush and try adding some water then reassess afterwards. If it still looks bad I'll remove the bands... Wish me luck! :hi5:

Take sewing thread and tie a knot at the top of the rubber bands, cut the rubber bands out, then try and pull the loose threads of hair into the pigtail and wrap the sewing thread around it 6 to 8 times and tie a finishing knot. This should get it done. Then futz with water or water based wax to get desired look

Take sewing thread and tie a knot at the top of the rubber bands, cut the rubber bands out, then try and pull the loose threads of hair into the pigtail and wrap the sewing thread around it 6 to 8 times and tie a finishing knot. This should get it done. Then futz with water or water based wax to get desired look

What a brilliant suggestion, I will try that this weekend. Thank you!:pray:

Good thinking on all counts:goodpost:

I totally agree; do this before you even think about pulling off the bands!:lecture

Check out my previous posts for how KY jelly can be your friend as well. I have a few loose hairs but you could never tell-check my pics of my BD.

Here is another shot of mine. Again just done with water. The pigtails you can saturate with water and twist. They hold their form pretty nicely.
2dl81v8.png

Im not sure I would trust putting product into the hair. Not sure if it might damage it or look crusty over time. Water will just dry up but the hair will keep its shape.

One thing that makes the rooted hair special, is that you can move the bangs. One look that I don't see posters doing that much is the bangs pushed to the back or half in front, half in back. IMO it was one unique look I liked in the action scenes whether she was tumbling, jumping, running etc, and the flow of the hair looked gorgeous on Browning.

Here's my take at the look. Sorry for the poor lighting
DSC00336.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

Side shot is uncanny how HT's captured Browning's profile
DSC00341.jpg

Here's the half/half look
DSC00339.jpg

Here's a back shot, we haven't seen to many of these on the thread
DSC00335.jpg

I have some more action poses coming up later for you action junkies,:wink1:

charging my camera right now.

you are killing me. every time i try to find a good deal on a particular figure i can't find you. just when i order it from another dealer you always show up here with the price i had in mind. so far it has happened 5 times lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another shot of mine. Again just done with water. The pigtails you can saturate with water and twist. They hold their form pretty nicely.
2dl81v8.png

Im not sure I would trust putting product into the hair. Not sure if it might damage it or look crusty over time. Water will just dry up but the hair will keep its shape.

This looks FANTASTIC. Probably the nicest I have seen her hair in any pic so far. :peace

What happens when the water dries?

2896758612_3ca9f4d9dd.jpg

The hair was dry in the picture I posted. It had been dried for about a week. It holds it's shape with just the right amount of water and futzing just fine. Don't waste your time with gel or wax.

Back