Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really like those repaints... loses likeness and overdone for me.

Some of the promo images of Baby Doll aren't very accurate to how she looks in the movie also.

It's really not as much a repaint as it's someone who knows makeup and hair styling. I'd only call the eyes a repaint.

Amazing job.

Some pictures of my Babydoll HT :wacky

10r5kw7.jpg

4k8oz7.jpg

2qbx79h.jpg

9sgjs3.jpg

33lctxi.jpg

Boy you'd really have some explaining to do if someone walked in on you shooting those pics (as I look over my shoulder to make sure my wife isn't in the room while I'm responding to this post.)

Yeah he is really amazing, but as I hear he charges $1000.oo per pain job. Not worth it imho.

I would disagree with the statement that it's not worth it.
If i had the spare cash, i'd have him repaint my entire HT collection.
But i don't so i can appreciate his grand talents, whilst having to get over the disappointment of not being able to spare $15,000 to engage him for the job...
I have saved his site, but will never be able to justify the cash to pay him for even one job.

But i don't so i can appreciate his grand talents, whilst having to get over the disappointment of not being able to spare $15,000 to engage him for the job...
I have saved his site, but will never be able to justify the cash to pay him for even one job.

It isn't worth it :dunno You can get highly professional paint jobs on an unpainted sculpt for a fraction of that price. It's obvious he's really trying to get people cold with that cost.

It isn't worth it :dunno You can get highly professional paint jobs on an unpainted sculpt for a fraction of that price. It's obvious he's really trying to get people cold with that cost.

I'd respectfully disagree.
You might not be able to afford it, and so you will feel you could better spend $1000, but the quality of work is well worth that cost.
I am not saying i can afford it either.
And i have never seen a custom painted like those except for the work of Longchang Gu. And his prices are expensive.
I can appreciate the fabulous work even though i cannot even contemplate spending that kind of money on a repaint of a doll.

:dunno If you cant justify the cost then its not worth it. :lol

Even if I could afford that paint job work, I would never pay that much when I could hire some other talent for a fraction of the cost.

Nope thats not my arguement. My arguement is Im not handing over a GRAND to some guy to paint pretties on my dolly. No matter how good. :lol

Reminds me of a post a few years ago in that "are prices getting out of control" thread. A guy said he's not handing over more than $100 or there-abouts for 1/6 figures, and here we are at $300+ figures retailing :lol

But don't you like your dollies pretty...:(

:lol :lol

Reminds me of a post a few years ago in that "are prices getting out of control" thread. A guy said he's not handing over more than $100 or there-abouts for 1/6 figures, and here we are at $300+ figures retailing :lol

Yeah. Its crazy. $300...Really never thought Id see the day when Id be spending that kind of money on the collection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Back