Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my new HS! You be the judge! The side part makes a difference! I can see more Emily now!:hi5:
IMG_3291.jpg

How about the hair flow on this side part...WOW! Again, not 100% movie accurate, but definitely an improvement!

IMG_3292.png

As opposed to this

IMG_3296.jpg

I am so glad I took the risk and got it from Asia, Don't know why the States are having a hard time getting the side parted HS :dunno

In case, anyone is wondering I got it off of this auctioner, remember these photos, people were complaining about, just goes to show, that was pictured is not the actual product you will get! Thank God for that!

IMG_5342-horzr-1.jpg

Just for fun
IMG_3292-1.png

Last edited:
They almost look like different head sculpts. I think the side part rounds out the face nicely.

Score Guyver.

Edit: Besides the hair, does the side parted sculpt (or paint) look different as well? maybe I'm seeing things. Take some more pics :D

They almost look like different head sculpts. I think the side part rounds out the face nicely.

Score Guyver.

Edit: Besides the hair, does the side parted sculpt (or paint) look different as well? maybe I'm seeing things. Take some more pics :D

I think you are on to something Lawrence. The eyelashes seem to be more pronounced (which is accurate:lecture). Too bad they are so expensive. It would be nice to have both without depleting funds for other fun stuff.

My hypothesis is that the middle parted ones were from the very first batches, and that all consecutive ones will have the side-part and fine tuned paint apps (arguably corrections?). By the way, did SSC ever get back to you?

I just got my new HS! You be the judge! The side part makes a difference! I can see more Emily now!:hi5:
IMG_3291.jpg

How about the hair flow on this side part...WOW! Again, not 100% movie accurate, but definitely an improvement!

IMG_3292.png

As opposed to this

IMG_3296.jpg

I am so glad I took the risk and got it from Asia, Don't know why the States are having a hard time getting the side parted HS :dunno

In case, anyone is wondering I got it off of this auctioner, remember these photos, people were complaining about, just goes to show, that was pictured is not the actual product you will get! Thank God for that!

IMG_5342-horzr-1.jpg

Just for fun
IMG_3292-1.png

Oh, so just to clarify, you just bought the head sculpt, not another whole figure?

My hypothesis is that the middle parted ones were from the very first batches, and that all consecutive ones will have the side-part and fine tuned paint apps (arguably corrections?). By the way, did SSC ever get back to you?
I was actually thinking the side parted ones might have been the first batch, & they got lazy with the later ones :slap :lol

& yes, SSC contacted me. Basically said the next shipment will be the only replacements they will be receiving. & they can't guarantee they will have one suitable for exchange.

Oh, so just to clarify, you just bought the head sculpt, not another whole figure?
Yes, nothing wrong with my second figure, just decided to take a risk and see if it would be better with a side parted HS. Obviously, I got my answer.

It just seems that the side parted head just seems to mesh better with the hair and hairband, the makeup is pretty much the same in person. It just seems with the bangs balanced the right way around towards the ears, the face seems to capture the light a tad better.

Here's a comparison action shot.
IMG_3300.jpg

IMO, with the side part it allows the bangs to flow better around the ear and it makes the hairband more balanced. :lecture

Side view
IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

It's just my opinion, but the back seems to hold the band more stable as well
IMG_3303.jpg

My second HS should be here next week

Last edited:
I started a new pic thread with the side parted sculpt, be adding some more photos shortly

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111332

My original thread

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110580

Good luck to those who can manage to get the side parted HS, if you have to buy it separately, I can tell you it's well worth it! :clap

Who did you buy it from? Was it indeed "m.y.online?" How much was it out the door? And (sorry for the rapidfire questions :lol) did you have any difficulties/techniques popping the head on and off?

Back