Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guyer, In my local toy shop I have the privilege of choosing my HT figures from a carton and I open up 3 boxes and they were all side parting!!
That was why I was pretty surprised that some folks got theirs with middle parting hair. My feeling is that this is due to batch production and it is another case of lottery for getting a gd figure.

I am very pleased with Babydoll but still trying to steal poses from the forum and hope u gotten a good BabyDoll figure too.

Sadly, both of mine have the middle part :gah: but I got some good deals on two BD HS's through ebay in Asia and should be here soon, I'm hoping for at least one of them have the side part :pray:

IMO it really makes a difference in the long run with the side part capturing the movie likeness more, at least the hairstyle. :lecture

Last edited:
Now that is dedication! Wish you the best. I might try that very thing. I don't want to obsess but now my eyes are drawn to that part all the time in photos...:slap

Trust me it doesn't help either when you see the part clearly focused in close up shots from the movie's blu ray in HD. :slap

That's what pretty much led me to that decision to get the HS's :slap

And I thought HT's Batman's 89 cape stirred up controversy, here's another product to add to the list.

I find it very odd that SSC and most U.S.retailers seem to be getting the middle parted version and the asian market has the majority of the side parted ones. What in the blue hell is HT's thinking.

Last edited:
Trust me it doesn't help either when you see the part clearly focused in close up shots from the movie's blu ray in HD. :slap

That's what pretty much led me to that decision to get the HS's :slap

And I thought HT's Batman's 89 cape stirred up controversy, here's another product to add to the list.

I find it very odd that SSC and most U.S.retailers seem to be getting the middle parted version and the asian market has the majority of the side parted ones. What in the blue hell is HT's thinking.

They may feel like the 'good stuff' should stay semi-local and the rest should go to me and my fellow 'filthy' Americans. :lol I've probably watched the bluray too (maybe about 7 times) and when I first got it from Corner Store Comics I didn't notice the hair parting at all. It was not until I went on this forum that it started to be an issue. Damn, sometimes crazy/obsession is contagious!:thud:

The funny thing is I have this original poster hanging on my wall, only a few feet from the display cabinet!

just got mine in a couple hours ago :panic: as far as her hair goes its not directly parted in the middle its off to the side a bit, doubt ill mess with it. on a side note its been awhile since I've ordered from sideshow and I gotta say their shipping was pretty fast compared to back in the day. It only took three days for her to come in compared to the normal week im used to :yess:

Last edited:
They may feel like the 'good stuff' should stay semi-local and the rest should go to me and my fellow 'filthy' Americans. :lol I've probably watched the bluray too (maybe about 7 times) and when I first got it from Corner Store Comics I didn't notice the hair parting at all. It was not until I went on this forum that it started to be an issue. Damn, sometimes crazy/obsession is contagious!:thud:

The funny thing is I have this original poster hanging on my wall, only a few feet from the display cabinet!

The issue I see is that HT's really should've gambled with the idea of Sculpted hair like Abegail from Blade and Alice from Resident evil. Here's one reason why.

Emily is pretty, However, her face is too big and round, which means having more of her forehead exposed is odd looking, with the middle part of the head, it's extremely difficult to get her bangs to look decent like in the film.

I know for what I can see in the photos is with the side part you can balance the bangs just enough to mimic her look in the film.

It's not 100% movie accurate, but just enough to represent Emily's look as BD in the movie a little better, at least when she was wearing the sailor outfit. I know when she was in the dancing or hooker look, sometimes it would part in the middle.

Her bangs in the film showcase t so much, especially in the close up shots, that the rooted hair seems kind of off putting. Actually the proto of the figure was more screen accurate in terms of the hair, why couldn't we get that.:pfft:

Sometimes HT's puzzles me they can get a spot on Reeves and Keaton sculpt and then they can't get capture Indiana Jones right, but then they continue with a spot on Tobey Mcguire HS, and then they struggle with BD.

Last edited:
sometimes crazy/obsession is contagious!:thud:
:lol :yess:

Side part
ftw.gif

Guys need to learn how to hair dress better. I'd rather have rooted that ugly squirmy sculpted hair like Abigail.

Maybe they should do two versions of some figures, rooted and sculpted.

as far as her hair goes its not directly parted in the middle its off to the side a bit, doubt ill mess with it. on a side note its been awhile since I've ordered from sideshow and I gotta say their shipping was pretty fast compared to back in the day. It only took three days for her to come in compared to the normal week im used to :yess:

What what? You're is from SSC with a side part? That is great-I have hope!:pray:

Mine raced over here too; granted I'm in AZ but that never mattered before. Should be opening the package Monday.

Congratulations by the way on getting your fig-I can't wait:hi5:

Just an oppinion in general for everybody. She never wears the pigtails on the back of her shoulders. Always on the front. But that's just me and my perfectionism :D

Like this:
hot_toys_-_sucker_punch_babydoll_pr9.jpg

And ref pictures:
Sucker-Punch-Baby-Doll_CLAIMA20110323_0195_9.jpg

Sucker-Punch-Babydoll-500x500.jpg

8233-sucker_punch-baby-doll-580x386.jpg

girls_324.jpg

Sweetpea-and-Babydoll-sucker-punch-21034312-500-388.jpg

Sucker-Punch-poster-Babydoll-sucker-punch-18393083-316-480.jpg

sucker-punch-movie-poster-01.jpg

Hope you guys don't hate for por this :peace

Just an oppinion in general for everybody. She never wears the pigtails on the back of her shoulders. Always on the front. But that's just me and my perfectionism :D

Not at all-appreciate your advice! By the way, your photo shoots are a great reference as well. Much respect to you and the time you obviously put into the cosplay work you have done :hi5:

Like this:
hot_toys_-_sucker_punch_babydoll_pr9.jpg

And ref pictures:
Sucker-Punch-Baby-Doll_CLAIMA20110323_0195_9.jpg

Sucker-Punch-Babydoll-500x500.jpg

8233-sucker_punch-baby-doll-580x386.jpg

girls_324.jpg

Sweetpea-and-Babydoll-sucker-punch-21034312-500-388.jpg

Sucker-Punch-poster-Babydoll-sucker-punch-18393083-316-480.jpg

sucker-punch-movie-poster-01.jpg

the pigtails on mine just don't want to stay in the front

The issue I see is that HT's really should've gambled with the idea of Sculpted hair like Abegail from Blade and Alice from Resident evil. Here's one reason why.

Emily is pretty, However, her face is too big and round, which means having more of her forehead exposed is odd looking, with the middle part of the head, it's extremely difficult to get her bangs to look decent like in the film.

I know for what I can see in the photos is with the side part you can balance the bangs just enough to mimic her look in the film.

It's not 100% movie accurate, but just enough to represent Emily's look as BD in the movie a little better, at least when she was wearing the sailor outfit. I know when she was in the dancing or hooker look, sometimes it would part in the middle.

Her bangs in the film showcase t so much, especially in the close up shots, that the rooted hair seems kind of off putting. Actually the proto of the figure was more screen accurate in terms of the hair, why couldn't we get that.:pfft:

Sometimes HT's puzzles me they can get a spot on Reeves and Keaton sculpt and then they can't get capture Indiana Jones right, but then they continue with a spot on Tobey Mcguire HS, and then they struggle with BD.

I agree on all counts. :exactly: What I noticed when I was comparing my figure to the screen-caps was that her bangs are actually not equal. They are of equal length, but not equal width. The left eye bang is about double to maybe triple the width. You may notice that in the film, her left bang most of the time covers the edge her eye, while the right bang is quite thin and more off to the side. The first pic shows pretty well what I mean. As for center-parted-action-scene, the second pic I think show it. Realistically no one can deny that pic.

So yeah, at first it didn't bother me, then it did, then once again things got to be put into perspective. It's just a toy. It's not really her and was not meant to be. The hair on mine is enough off center and I did the bangs accurate enough that I'm content.;)

By the way, you agree the extended cut is best?

Last edited:
I agree on all counts. :exactly: What I noticed when I was comparing my figure to the screen-caps was that her bangs are actually not equal. They are of equal length, but not equal width. The left eye bang is about double to maybe triple the width. You may notice that in the film, her left bang most of the time covers the edge her eye, while the right bang is quite thin and more off to the side. The first pic shows pretty well what I mean. As for center-parted-action-scene, the second pic I think show it. Realistically no one can deny that pic.

So yeah, at first it didn't bother me, then it did, then once again things got to be put into perspective. It's just a toy. It's not really her and was not meant to be. The hair on mine is enough off center and I did the bangs accurate enough that I'm content.;)

By the way, you agree the extended cut is best?

Absolutely the extended is the way to go! The extra footage on just the Dragon scene where Babydoll, SweetPea and Rocket use the machine guns on the orcs and then use their swords (even SweetPea) on top of that is enough to have it, as well as the other extra scenes.

Zach Snyder's commentary is interesting to watch as well. Now you can pretty much get the Extended Cut for the same price as the Reg cut, so why not get the better cut blu ray! :wink1:

Absolutely the extended is the way to go! The extra footage on just the Dragon scene where Babydoll, SweetPea and Rocket use the machine guns on the orcs and then use their swords (even SweetPea) on top of that is enough to have it, as well as the other extra scenes.

Zach Snyder's commentary is interesting to watch as well. Now you can pretty much get the Extended Cut for the same price as the Reg cut, so why not get the better cut blu ray! :wink1:

The theatrical cut was great, but I agree the extended cut gives you a few more great scenes. Usually I dislike extended cuts of any movie however this was an exception. The added High Roller scene at the end gives the audience more of an insight to Babydoll's reason for accepting the lobotomy, as opposed to just the punch from the thug in the theatrical version.

The commentary was quite enjoyable. You may like this video then: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ntrqjhtKo[/ame]

It is part 1 in a series of three. I saw it a few days after the movie came out. Zack has some interesting answers.

Back