Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I'm missing a key part of the equation here. . .

That pose is not unique. I think the Phicen body is the only female body that CAN'T do that pose. I don't understand why people are raving about the articulation on this figure, looks pretty standard to me.

Are you sure the Phicen is the ONLY one that can't do this pose?

Have you try using the TT female or the Triad Otaku to pose like this? If you can duplicate (the range of) this pose without breaking the body, perhaps you can share some insights on how to do it.

I feel like I'm missing a key part of the equation here. . .

That pose is not unique. I think the Phicen body is the only female body that CAN'T do that pose. I don't understand why people are raving about the articulation on this figure, looks pretty standard to me.

Trust me I have Phicens, Otaku, TTL, Cy girls, Triad Toys, etc, the only thing currently out there that comes close to the articulation and still look natural for Babydoll is HotStuff ( Seamless Silicon type figure) and sure TTL, Cy girls, and Triad Toys can pose this way, but they have some flimsy parts to them and they can look just plain awful when they articulate like that.

HotStuff is the most current closet thing out there right now that's possible to achieve some of those poses but still keep the look of a female, but even that has some limits and needs to be handled with care.

Last edited:
HT can break just like any of them, but I do like the combination of articulation and aesthetics. IMO, HT has the best combination of the two.

Well, I got mine, box was sweet, until I removed the sticker & part of the box with it :slap & the hair on my figure is parted closer to the middle :thud: I wanted it to be parted more to the side. Nice figure though. I think it's about as good as the better pics make it out to be. If I had to give it a score out of 10, then maybe a 7.

For some reason I'm not super hyped about the figure at the moment. It's back in it's box for now.

Well, I got mine, box was sweet, until I removed the sticker & part of the box with it :slap & the hair on my figure is parted closer to the middle :thud: I wanted it to be parted more to the side. Nice figure though. I think it's about as good as the better pics make it out to be. If I had to give it a score out of 10, then maybe a 7.

For some reason I'm not super hyped about the figure at the moment. It's back in it's box for now.

can't you just comb her hair?
she's a barbie after all, so you can do it easily lawrence :lol

I thought of parting it myself, but didn't want to risk ruining it, or making the hair "frizzy". Since I'm not 100% that I wouldn't ruin it (I ruined the box simply by opening it :slap), I think I might see if somebody else does it first :D

Sadly dolly hair doesn't work like that. The parting is factory rooted into the scalp and cannot be altered (unless re-rooted). Haven't got my Babydoll yet, but i'd bet good money on her having the typical pigtail rooting pattern; rooted around her hairline & parting but pretty well bald otherwise (so said pigtails don't get too thick) so letting her hair down might not give the look hoped for!

Doll hair is a bit of a learning curve for those who don't have girly dolls in their collection, but there's plenty of info out on the web... and it's easier and cheaper to look after than rubber armour plus if you do somehow ruin it, it can always be re-rooted anyhow

Although I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the hair parted the way I wanted, similar to this I found on Ebay:

DSC_0294_8969acv.jpg

I'm happy I didn't get this one, with the short bangs (shown underneath). Now there seems to be at least 3 different variations, to the rooted hair. Side parted, middle parted, & short bangs version :slap

I'm interested in seeing which version you Freaks get. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a major QC problem though. But it is somewhat annoying with a lottery type situation. I can imagine this not bugging that many of you in here. But it bugs me :lol

IMG_5342-horzr.jpg
IMG_5355-horz.jpg

Although I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the hair parted the way I wanted, similar to this I found on Ebay:

I'm interested in seeing which version you Freaks get. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a major QC problem though. But it is somewhat annoying with a lottery type situation. I can imagine this not bugging that many of you in here. But it bugs me :lol

Mine comes today and It will bug the hell out of me if I don't get the side parted hair.

Sadly dolly hair doesn't work like that. The parting is factory rooted into the scalp and cannot be altered (unless re-rooted). Haven't got my Babydoll yet, but i'd bet good money on her having the typical pigtail rooting pattern; rooted around her hairline & parting but pretty well bald otherwise (so said pigtails don't get too thick) so letting her hair down might not give the look hoped for!

Doll hair is a bit of a learning curve for those who don't have girly dolls in their collection, but there's plenty of info out on the web... and it's easier and cheaper to look after than rubber armour plus if you do somehow ruin it, it can always be re-rooted anyhow

:goodpost:

Mine comes today and It will bug the hell out of me if I don't get the side parted hair.

:goodpost:

Mine is on its way as well, and i will return it if the hair doesn't look right because it changes the whole look of the figure. This issue has me way more stressed than it should.:(

Received mine yesterday and put her together last night. Wow! I'm really impressed with this piece. Beautiful figure!

In response to her hair. Mine has the hair parted slightly off center and proper bangs length.

I'm really digging this figure. I wasn't planning on getting Amber, but after having Babydoll in hand, I may reconsider.

If HT would make one more figure from this license, please let it be Sweet Pea! :pray:

Now to find time to take some photos of this beauty.

@VoidDweller,:clap:yess:

Please consider using the darkest available background for your pics so the hair doesn't get 'lost'. :peace

Looking back at the proto pics from the first page and although the headsculpt is better, I think the scale of the head in proportion to the body was much better before... in some pics the final piece looks a tad bobbleheadish.

Great looking figure but I don't think it helps it's case any when it is refer to as a doll.

M.

Back