Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird that they just went with clear bands instead of some sort of "hair tie", I mean, it's not like the pony tails weren't being held by something in the film... but what was it?

M.

When I went to toy hunter yesterday, they told me that this figure is now sold out. So glad I have this on PO :rock

That's great news. At one of the biggest German retailers Babydoll is pre- sold out as well.
If she sells that well, more figures from this line might get released.

As for the rubber band I think they used the same in the film. At least in the pics I found it looked like clear rubber bands.

They should come up with some kind of removable metal cinch. I have a Cy Girl head (Aska) on a custom and the elastic always worried me (for the same reason as toylion--Star Wars figures with elastics melted to their hands).

On the other hand, I bought that head used, I've had it for five years (three in a smoking environment), and the elastic is only mildly yellowed. There's no deterioration at all.

It may be that the elastic reacts with paint, but not doll hair. If Baby Doll's hair is the same material as my cowgirl's, then it might not be a problem.

I notice they're using those clear rubber bands to hold her ponytails. Those turn yellow and brittle with age and will leave residue. I know I've used them before to hold pistol and swords in my figures hands. Think I'll have to tie up the ponytails with some thin string or ribbon and remove the clear bands.

I like the idea of replacing the rubber bands with string or ribbon.
Thanks for the suggestion toylion! Do you have any ways to keep Baby Doll's hair from being "fly away"? I don't like the "frizzie" hair look.
I want to keep the stray hairs to a minimum. I like the way her hair looks in some ppl's shots and not so much in others.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find some sort of Dragon to pose with Babydoll.
It doesn't have to look just like the Dragon in the movie though.
I was looking at Halloween masks and other ideas.
Any one have any clues or hints?

When I went to toy hunter yesterday, they told me that this figure is now sold out. So glad I have this on PO :rock
I think toy hunters always have new items sold out, except for vip customers. It's the same when I went there for jack sparrow. I suggest you go to richmond 111 in causewaybay. you'll fin babydoll easily there I guarenteed :hi5:

Doesnt look like the outside retailers have to wait on a spilt shipment for Baby Doll, I emailed Cornerstorecomics asking if they knew when they would be getting her and I guess they were confirmed a shipment for Monday so mine should ship out Monday or Tues from them! Great Googly Moogly!! O_O

Too much awesome coming at once! Just got DX08 yesterday, got the Enterbay Elvis today and now Baby Doll ships next week!

Decided to go with another retailer in the states. Canceled with SSC, should be here on Monday! :clap Cheaper too!

No notice from AlterEgo yet, but Josh will let me know when they get their shipment in. They have great communication, I would send out an email and get a response back the next day.

IMGP3348.JPG

She looks a little creepy in all of your photos. I don't know how to explain it. :lol

I think it's the lighting? I dunno. lol

In hand, it's amazing. All the little details, and the head art...superb. My favorite Hot Toys female so far, hands down.

Back