1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Black and red suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they did that, they ended up with figures like this:
1DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

Hey, that was one of my first HT! It wasn’t that bad:lol A lot of nostalgia for that time when TDK was release:)

Oh it was one of my firsts as well. But the point is, I order to have product on shelves in time for the film being in theaters, there are going to be inaccuracies. Would people be happy with silver quantum suits for Endgame like Hasbro did? Not at HT prices. They pretty much work off of concept art and hope things don’t change in post production.

When they did that, they ended up with figures like this:
1DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

This brings back memories. Down to the socks and the the comparisons to medicom and the br sculpt switch out. Wow. Those were the days. 180 for that figure and hot use to pump figures out fast.

Saw the movie last Thursday at the Marvel's Friends and Family event - even after seeing the movie (and it's a great movie) this figure is not enticing enough for a purchase. I still love the original one and plan on keeping that one. IMG_8369.jpg

Saw the movie last Thursday at the Marvel's Friends and Family event - even after seeing the movie (and it's a great movie) this figure is not enticing enough for a purchase. I still love the original one and plan on keeping that one. View attachment 459282

Which suit was more memorable out of the 4 Suits in the movie? (Red and Blue, Iron Spider, Stealth, Red and Black)

I just came back from watching it, and chances are that I’ll preorder this piece. But I’m not interested in the stealth suit at all.

Prior to watching, I thought there was no chance, but now I don’t know.

I loved the action in the last battle, and the mid credits scene really threw me for a loop.

No spoilers - but how did you like it compared to Homecoming?

Currently I’m thinking I enjoyed it more than Homecoming. Some of the themes seemed more mature and yet not at the same time. They went bigger in the film, but they also made it to be a film for teenagers for particular interactions etc.

Unfortunately it gets kinda hard to discuss anything else without talking spoilers.

But at the same time the audience in my viewing was very annoying with teenagers beside me talking non stop (I wish I could’ve muzzled them) and a lot of sound effects for certain scenes.

Which suit was more memorable out of the 4 Suits in the movie? (Red and Blue, Iron Spider, Stealth, Red and Black)

If you're talking about which suits was most memorable in Far From Home, the red and blue and iron spider has no meaning; stealth suit was eh and red and black was the most memorable. In terms of just Spider-Man, I feel the blue and red represents him the most (comics, etc); the red and black one shows him as growing a bit more mature, making his own path. I am happy with my original red and blue and plan to stay with that one. If you're a fan of this movie, I would say go for the red and black but if you have the red and blue, that's just as fine.

No spoilers - but how did you like it compared to Homecoming?

I liked this move more than Homecoming - everything flowed better and was very clever on how they did certain parts. I felt Peter certainly did mature in this one yet still maintaining his teenager issues. The mid credit scene definitely threw me for a loop and the end credit scene (at least to me) was funny but not really necessary.

I love reading all the rumors and rumblings of what is or may happen in the movie, and so far of all the ones I've read, most are wrong!

Just saw it.

Feel like it wasn't as clinical or as cogent as the first nor did it capture (in my mind) the same playful tone.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The teenage romance stuff felt extremely one-note which kind of made Peter's motivations a bit unconvincing.

That being said, I feel the movie was serviceable as the end of Phase 3 (?) and does surprisingly well at complimenting Endgame while still standing on its own two legs.

There are some very creative action set pieces (thanks to Mysterio) and fun moments regarding the settings in this movie. Humor, lead performances and clever nods to past movies are on point as always and the post and post-post credits scene leave much to be desired in the next one which I'm very much looking forward too.

Although I still prefer the quaintness of Homecoming and I don't believe they'll match anything like that again considering they have no option but to keep making things bigger and bigger.

Overall, I feel like the movie convinced me enough that this figure's worth a PO. Would like a casual Peter Parker figure one day rather than kit-bashing my own.

Was great to see a certain suit again which I'll never forgive myself for not POing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I LOVE the look of this red & black suit!

As some have noted it seems to be similar to the red & blue suit but evokes a sense of continuation or maturity of the character.

I already have the Iron Spider suit which is great but this red & black suit is making me consider selling my Iron Spider or breaking my one figure per character rule

I always took the red and black as a super cool nod to Peter finally making his OWN suit akin to the first appearance suit in Amazing Fantasy 15. Without Tony's help this time, granted it's his tech but he's still designing this one himself. I'm pretty damn sure it's a nod to Amazing Fantasy 15. The blue on the cover was just for shading purposes.

detail.jpg

Following the trend of Spiderman taking over Iron Man's mantle, I'll guess that red/blue = Mark IV and red/black = Mark VI … The stealth suit is a situational suit ala the Mark V.

That's my guesswork and I haven't watched the movie yet..

Back