Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone still looking for Coulson, try Urban Samurai. They have some left on preorder. Not sure how many left .

Got my free Coulson today (paid in rewards points). That was nice since my wallet is still recovering from Loki and Wolverine.

Just received mine at work!
I almost wanted to cancel it at the last minute, but I'm glad I didn't.

Head sculpt came out to be great, and the suit too. I was planning to use his suit with DX12 BW head, but it almost feels wrong to do so as Phil looks great as a whole.
All the accesories are great, the watch, name tag, gun, cards, bluetooth(so tiny I'm afraid I'll lose this one sooner or later but it does fit snug on his ear) the shades(perfect&satisfying fit on him) and of course the big gun! I think I've read some saying the led light is so weak that it's hard to distinguish if it's on or not. I am thinkng theirs might have been a blem, mine lights on with plenty of brightness.

Got mine last night. I have to say - I'm surprised how much I love him. The big light up gun makes it worthwhile, but he is pretty bad *** for just a guy in suit.

I got mine today, I was going to put his Blackberry in his breast pocket behind his name tag (his shirt didn't have any pockets), but when I used a letter opener to open it, it didn't seem to have a bottom. It just went further into his coat and so since I didn't want to have to be fishing it out later I just put it back in the box.

I used the ear piece, pistol, wrist watch, walkie-talkie, and the name tag for just right now. If I ever get more room I'd like to pose him with the BFG.

Evening guys. My figure arrived today but I was slightly disappointed as my box had a dent in it. May I know if it's common or should I take it up to Sideshow?

View attachment 63198

Last edited:
I see. Will contact them tomorrow. Thanks!
Just wanted to make sure that I'm not making a big fuss over a "box"

A year ago I received a damaged box for my Avengers MKVI IM and they replaced it without hassle. They may just want a pic of your damage for verification.

Thanks.
Hee, my very first purchase from Sideshow and I got a damaged box. Hope this is the first and last time it'll happen. :pray:

A year ago I received a damaged box for my Avengers MKVI IM and they replaced it without hassle. They may just want a pic of your damage for verification.

Thanks.
Hee, my very first purchase from Sideshow and I got a damaged box. Hope this is the first and last time it'll happen. :pray:

I always request pack outs with any SS orders now. A few bucks more to secure my item arrives undamaged.

I always request pack outs with any SS orders now. A few bucks more to secure my item arrives undamaged.

You know, I'm more afraid of someone reading what's in the box (from the printing on the brown mailer) and stealing the figure then getting a damaged box. It's what I believed happened to my Classic Predator over a year ago. Took UPS over a month to find it and it had been opened and removed from the box after getting lost and found in New York somewhere. I had to send it back and wait another month to get a new one from SS, it was a big hassle because I had problems with two other figures from SS practically back to back at that time.

You know, I'm more afraid of someone reading what's in the box (from the printing on the brown mailer) and stealing the figure then getting a damaged box. It's what I believed happened to my Classic Predator over a year ago. Took UPS over a month to find it and it had been opened and removed from the box after getting lost and found in New York somewhere. I had to send it back and wait another month to get a new one from SS, it was a big hassle because I had problems with two other figures from SS practically back to back at that time.

Never thought about that before. Good point. All the more reason for a pack out!

Make sure it's shipped via a tracked method. That way, at each link in the chain there's accountability. If it doesn't arrive at the next part of the journey, they know EXACTLY when it went missing.
I have had maybe forty HT sent to me from the USA in their original shippers with just my address added, sent tracked, but displaying the contents and not one has gone missing.
Even my gantry with MKIV marked as "toy doll parts, gift, $15"

Back