Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing I find throwing off the portrait the most is actually paint more than sculpt. I find the eyes and all the hair spots to be a bit too light looking depending on the lighting conditions you have him in, sometimes the eyebrows hardly stand out and those a trademark, and sometimes the iris looks too light and almost zombie-esque. The sculpt has room for work, but I really think an alternate paint job could really pop more out of this. The skin tone and body paint are fantastic.

Just for display, the coat is fantastic as you say, I just found trying to get the claws in his face type of shot, I had a hard time getting his arm and hand high enough to see in the same frame as the face.

The sculpt isn't the best Jackman likeness however, it is done well enough to compliment the figure. The essence of the character is captured extremely well and catapults Wolverine head and shoulders above most figures. The new body, clothes, claws and overall look captures the character so well you cannot help but love it regardless of the small flaws.

Yeah, I've got mine posed exactly like your first shot. Pretty much my favorite still from the movies.

Wolverine is like Jack Sparrow, there's a certain body language and type of posing that really defines the character, I think that pose carries confidence, determination, aggression, all the things that define Wolverine.

Oh and BTW, i'm not sure if this has been covered yet but you don't need to pop the head off to get the dog tags on his neck. With a little time and patience it will slide over his head.

:lol Sucks, I can imagine. I'm kinda glad I cancelled mine to be honest.

I'll make you regret that soon enough, with a little luck.

Back to Marvel, posing Wolverine with Iron Man, really, really makes me want a movie Hulk figure, I'd have my top 3 favorit Marvel movie characters covered with that, and with the new body painting and face painting quality HT's getting, they could really get that gritty look to 2008 Hulk.

I never knew he wore that jacket in x1, he must of kept that all this time.

He has it throughout the trilogy. The jacket, tank top, dog tags and motorcyle are the movie Wolverine trademarks. That's why there was sort of a special deal about the jacket in origins, they were giving his coming into posession of the jacket some meaning.

No, there's something up with the ab armor that causes it to leak or "sweat" some sort of oil or lubricant and the paint also has either rubbed off or dissolved. You can wipe it off, but it just comes right back. I'm dumbfounded as to the source.

That is strange... I was thinking about picking him and Joker DX versions so day. :monkey1

Supposedly the new batches don't have the problems, but I'm a little skeptical. The Joker's definitely worth it, but it might be a good idea to wait for the DCD shipment of the DX Batman.

You're my guinea pig :D

You're SCREWED ;) By the time I'm done shooting him, this emoticon won't even be enough to represent your regret :banghead

Of course I should shut up, cuz my luck I'll get a dud and be pissed beyond belief :lol

Bar's raised though, I got JC and Wolverine this week, JC's nice but Wolverine is a very satisfying figure, really happy with him all around and I have big hopes for Batman, we'll see though. I think one thing that sets Wolverine apart is the more expressive sculpt, there's a lot with his face to work with, JC is very flat and boring in terms of emotion. Batman'll be like Wolverine with that raging face.

Of course, Wolverine's also increased my eagerness for the T-800, bastard :lol

Pics don't do him justice, but here's mine. Got him yesterday:

DSC05420.jpg

DSC05419.jpg

Now bring on Hulk, Spider-Man, Cap and Thor!!!!! :D

Is there a way to tuck in his tank without undoing the belt?

Use something like tweezers and gently push the excess cloth down into the pants.

Speaking of his pants, I stripped my figure down for the adamantium tank shots, what's with the boxer briefs included :lol, they don't seem like enough to fill out his pants or anything for bulk, I don't get why they're there, I got rid of them, they could only hinder leg posing, not sure they would, but definitely can't off the figure.

Speaking of the belt though, one thing that is annoying trying to readjust it, has anyone ever found a bit where the excess material is tucked in behind the belt instead of in front of it? I find the figure belt design a little odd. Belt buckle turned out great though.

Just watched Origins today and just finished because of this thread, I will watch Episode I, II and III tonight because of my latest arrival, Maul can you guess what I opened up today :monkey3

Back