Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to point out that the "leather" belt on my 4 yrs old origins Wolverine figure is breaking apart, in particular around the areas where the buckle is.. Anyone else have this problem on theirs?

Here are a couple of photos of the belt on my figure that is disintegrating... :(

12237859306_205d35de6c_b.jpg

12237796854_e94a53e52a_b.jpg

All of HT fake leather material will break over time, maybe in 2 years if you mishandled it
I have the same issue with all of my HT figure with leather parts

@Imranbecks: In your case, I think it's easy to find belt replacement, just need to replace the buckle

All of HT fake leather material will break over time, maybe in 2 years if you mishandled it
I have the same issue with all of my HT figure with leather parts

@Imranbecks: In your case, I think it's easy to find belt replacement, just need to replace the buckle

I do not think I've mishandled it. Come to think about it, i rarely even touch the figure as it has been on display that way. Only the occasional changes in the position of his clawed hands.. Kinda disappointed abt the belt turning out this way...

Just checked my belt and its still looks brand new, never hear of this issue before, are you sure its not the bootleg version?

I have no problems with mine either......

Wolverine was my first Hot Toys when I started collecting back in early 2010, mine also looks brand new. That certainly doesn't look like natural decay, looks like it's been exposed to something that's caused it to end up like that.

Just checked my belt and its still looks brand new, never hear of this issue before, are you sure its not the bootleg version?

Wow seriously? Is it so hard to tell between a bootleg one with a genuine one? FYI, I bought that when it was first released through a pre-order from my local Hot Toys dealer, Falcons Hangar.. With everything to prove that its original such as its packaging etc. Not forgetting its price. And Falcons Hangar don't deal in bootleg figures, so yeah. Furthermore, I don't buy bootleg figures. Especially not bootleg figures based on Hot Toys!

Wolverine was my first Hot Toys when I started collecting back in early 2010, mine also looks brand new. That certainly doesn't look like natural decay, looks like it's been exposed to something that's caused it to end up like that.

It has been inside my Detolf display case... I don't see how it could've been exposed to anything throughout this whole time. But none of my other figures that have the same material as the belt has degraded that way. This is definitely the first.

Last edited:
Wow seriously? Is it so hard to tell between a bootleg one with a genuine one? FYI, I bought that when it was first released through a pre-order from my local Hot Toys dealer, Falcons Hangar.. With everything to prove that its original such as its packaging etc. Not forgetting its price. And Falcons Hangar don't deal in bootleg figures, so yeah. Furthermore, I don't buy bootleg figures. Especially not bootleg figures based on Hot Toys!

It has been inside my Detolf display case... I don't see how it could've been exposed to anything throughout this whole time. But none of my other figures that have the same material as the belt has degraded that way. This is definitely the first.

Woh calm down, no insult was intended, just a inquiry is all, there was a load of bootleg on ebay a while back and a lot of people got tricked, they were actually well done for bootlegs and only had a few small differents. I believe you if you say you got it at release, just never seen that belt issue come up before, I have no idea why it has happened to yours if like you say it wasn't abused, I would say maybe humidity but even that wouldn't cause that kinda damage, maybe some cracking but yours looks nearly shredded:dunno

Woh calm down, no insult was intended, just a inquiry is all, there was a load of bootleg on ebay a while back and a lot of people got tricked, they were actually well done for bootlegs and only had a few small differents. I believe you if you say you got it at release, just never seen that belt issue come up before, I have no idea why it has happened to yours if like you say it wasn't abused, I would say maybe humidity but even that wouldn't cause that kinda damage, maybe some cracking but yours looks nearly shredded:dunno

I'm in the process of getting a new belt for it. But since I can't find the original Hot Toys belt for it, i may have to go for those unofficial ones that others use for custom made figures... Found one on ebay along with that red indian buckle..

It was never pulled nor stretched.... It seems the material degraded over time.

Sucks dude. But there are million different variables that can cause one persons figure to behave differently then others. Environment is a big one that most of us would agree plays a part in longevity of figures. Dry to humid climates will greatly affect the materials. Then there is the production of materials used for each piece. Maybe yours was part of the edge of fabric that wasn't as well processed? Maybe the person that assembled yours during production was too heavy handed and broke the threads more then others which in turn has caused more strain on the vinyl? Who knows. At least its only a belt. Pain in the *** but still solve able. The jacket would be catastrophic.

Agree with Robbie.
I also noticed in your pic that Wolvie is at the bottom of your display. I don't display higher priced items that low unless the case they are in a well sealed. Not that this is what caused your figure to fall apart, but those shelves you have do very little to protect them from the elements. Items at the bottom tend to get the worse of what is floating around in one's home.

Agree with Robbie.
I also noticed in your pic that Wolvie is at the bottom of your display. I don't display higher priced items that low unless the case they are in a well sealed. Not that this is what caused your figure to fall apart, but those shelves you have do very little to protect them from the elements. Items at the bottom tend to get the worse of what is floating around in one's home.

I have no idea what's floating around the floor level of *your* home but i hope you don't walk around with bare feet if it's something that can melt faux leather, lol.

Back