1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.. Hot Toys shared a vid from the Captain Marvel Facebook page with their own little hashtag. May mean nothing. May mean a tease isn't far away..

Hmm.. Hot Toys shared a vid from the Captain Marvel Facebook page with their own little hashtag. May mean nothing. May mean a tease isn't far away..

Lol it obviously means something...I guess a Captain Marvel HT teaser is on its way. Hopefully they don't end up rushing this sculpt too.

I hope Hot Toys won't ruin Captain Marvel figure with rooted hair. At least, they shouldn't use the rooted hair thing on the masked head.

It'd be nice if she went up for pre-order in the next few weeks, as I have an 'International Thank-You' delivery code applied to wallet from Infinity Thor, and will have one for Ragnarok Loki in a couple of weeks... and it would be nice for at least one of those discounts not to be wasted.. :lol

Captain Marvel will pretty much complete my MCU Phases 1-3 title character collection.. (undecided about The Wasp, as technically she has much right as Ant-Man to be in the display)

I don't give a **** about her. The figure will have awful rooted hair. I'd love to see Ronan and young Nick Fury and Jude Law's character but they probably won't happen.

I agree with not being a fan of rooted hair. Id love to see them make at least one black widow with sculpted hair. Gamora too.

Meh, I think the Scarlet Witches I have all look great with rooted hair. I can see why one might not like Infinity's Black Widow though.

Rooted hair or not she will for sure come with multiple heads.

I hope she gets her leather jacket as well (DX?)

I don't give a **** about her. The figure will have awful rooted hair. I'd love to see Ronan and young Nick Fury and Jude Law's character but they probably won't happen.

It's pretty much guaranteed to have horrible looking rooted hair. The rooted hair fans will post pictures of the figure with the hair looking like a complete mess while saying it looks great.

All the complaints about rooted hair are sounding rather trite at this stage of the game. It's been a given for several years now that Hot Toys will use rooted hair for female characters with long hair, yet every time one is set for release we see the same complaints. Granted it's not perfect, but given the posing limitations of long sculpted hair it seems the best choice.

All the complaints about rooted hair are sounding rather trite at this stage of the game. It's been a given for several years now that Hot Toys will use rooted hair for female characters with long hair, yet every time one is set for release we see the same complaints. Granted it's not perfect, but given the posing limitations of long sculpted hair it seems the best choice.

I was surprised to see the Battle Alita one is gonna be sculpted hair.

I have the feeling HT will release the Kree suit version as the Captain Marvel movie version, and then the red and blue suit as the Avengers 4 figure (Both with rooted hair) since it's the same suit and the movies are only two months apart. Anyways, at least we can be sure they will nail the head sculpt since they are great at making expressionless, dead-eyed female sculpts.

Wouldn't removable sculpted hair work ? Have the figure come with a few different styles so you can pose her. Make it connect to the head similar to the avengers hulk. Maybe add a little peg or something .Any reason im missing as to that not working?

Wouldn't removable sculpted hair work ? Have the figure come with a few different styles so you can pose her. Make it connect to the head similar to the avengers hulk. Maybe add a little peg or something .Any reason im missing as to that not working?

No doubt that could work (RE Alice had two different short hair styles that attached via magnet), but HT would probably have to provide at least 3 styles in order to allow us the ability to pose her as we saw fit & they've likely determined it's more cost effective going with rooted hair.

Back