1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hhhmmng. don't mean to be a party pooper, i don't see it. not even a passing resemblance. i wish i did. have had it POd since a month before it hit theatres. hoping it looks better in front of me, rather than scaled up huge in a zoom lens.

I think it looks great. On par with the proto, if not better. Considering the consensus is usually a lot of complaining about the first pictures, followed by a lot of praise when people get the figure in hand, I think this one will be just fine upon delivery.

Glad she made it out before the coronavirus hit Hong Kong. Was thinking there'd be a lot of long delays if they started getting hit hard.

Hmm, seems like the reaction is 50/50...half love it and half hate it...I think the mixed response is indicative of the sculpt likeness not being very strong/good.

When a sculpt is a home run, the praise is unanimous (Ex: Doctor Strange, Yondu, Hela, Shuri, etc.) ...when a sculpt is a miss it's usually 50/50 (ex: Chadwick, new Tom Holland sculpt). So I think I'm gonna have to chalk this one up to not a great sculpt.

Disclaimer: I have no skin in this game since I was never planning on getting her.

For me it can still be a great sculpt even if it's not 100% like Shuri or Hela. This one is probably more like their various BW sculpts, none of which are dead-on to Scarlett but are still instantly identifiable anyway. And I think I'd put this in that same category.

They definitely improved the prototype to look more like Brie

f32b4ae65b9e12c1dcc844494ba804b2.jpg

Looks exactly the same. Softer due to production, but the same.

Back