1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...that trailer makes me feel like we may get more than one Marvel figure. I think maybe we could end up getting blue Kree version with helmet and Mohawk for her solo movie and I can see them saving the classic version figure for Avengers 4. I would also love and buy a pilot Carol but that's a long shot. I'm pretty sure nobody else gets made though still.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I’m basically just picking one of the many posts that sound logical.

Would Buy:
CM Kree with Helmet (Light up eyes, rooted hair and mouth plates with detachable breather)
CM Classic with Helmet (probably won’t show figure or Helmet until A4)
Young Coulson (Because it’s Phil, c’mon!)
Ronan (FINALLY)
Mar-Vell (Even though I’m not a big Jude Law fan, but I love the eyes)
Korath
Yondu (Hey, it’s possible he could show up, I can dream)

What will probably be released (if we are lucky):
CM Kree
CM Classic
Ronan

I can definitely see them holding Classic CM for A4 but with IM almost done, HT has to start making different figures. Plus we aren’t 100% certain that she will have the “exact” same outfit in A4 as her solo movie, they could move a few color panels around (like IM Mk. IV & VI) to sell more merchandise. Everything, of course, depends on the success of the film but Ronan better be a total badass or HT will treat him like most villains and not make him.

TOY. NOW! Please and Thank you!

tumblr_pf94xjee5T1u1kyq6o1_540.gif

tumblr_pf94xjee5T1u1kyq6o2_540.gif

Before we see the figure I'm gonna start this now and hope Hot Toys sees this. Achem....ROOTED HAIR!!!!!!! People will always hate it but I love it and Larson's gorgeous lockes. Make it happen, hot toys!

Before we see the figure I'm gonna start this now and hope Hot Toys sees this. Achem....ROOTED HAIR!!!!!!! People will always hate it but I love it and Larson's gorgeous lockes. Make it happen, hot toys!

Probably have no choice but to do it.. it looks sorta like black widows from civil war/ hope we get a helmeted head sculpt with it

Hate that she is going to be over powered and be the one to defeat Thanos. At this point, only really want Ronan (if they make one).

Hate that she is going to be over powered and be the one to defeat Thanos. At this point, only really want Ronan (if they make one).

Eh, who knows. So far in the MCU I think Thor will bust some a$$. Maybe stark makes a suit that can wield the infinity stones and be the hero in the end possibly hero sacrifice?

Guaranteed pass for me. Hot Toys will always go for garbage looking rooted doll hair for female figures whenever possible. The dolly hair combers will sure be happy.

For once, I want to see more before deciding if I want to pick up a Captain Marvel figure. Some things are given - Rooted hair, check. Tight suit that restrict figure posability, check. Limited accessories, likely. Sculpt that doesn’t quite hit the mark, likely.

Her powers are a bit too fantastical comparing to other female heroes in the MCU, aside from Scarlet Witch, perhaps...

Love the setting and the setup so far. Can’t wait to see more!

I want captain marvel:
-Blue red gold uniform
- Brie head sculpt with light up eyes
- translucent hands that light up
- helmet with light up eyes
I’m so pumped for this...

Seriously doubt she'll be the one to beat thanos. She has no personal enough beef with him. Writers wouldn't do that. It wouldn't be earned.

On that note, trailer was really dull for me. But id def consider a figure.... Hmmm

Trailer looked pretty good, but can't tell much at this point. From what we've seen, I'd be interested in:
Carol in green/blue uniform + helmet
Carol in blue/red/gold uniform
Jude Law in green/blue uniform
Ronan

If Minerva (Gemma Chan) ends up being a villain, perhaps there might be a figure in the green/blue uniform since it would just be a head swap.

Realistically, chances are there will just be one or two Carol figures.

IF the get her likeness on the sculpt I’ll buy her for my shelve, sucks it will have rooted hair as I’m not a fan but if the sculpt is spot on I’m in. Easy money for HT do the regular red/blue suit for the main launch then can do a con exclusive of the same suit but in green.

Seriously doubt she'll be the one to beat thanos. She has no personal enough beef with him. Writers wouldn't do that. It wouldn't be earned.

On that note, trailer was really dull for me. But id def consider a figure.... Hmmm

If I was a betting man I'd say only three characters (actors) carry enough weight to defeat Thanos, but I see it being more a team affair like Ultron..

Remember tho, Captain Marvel is now the new face of the MCU for phase 4 and beyond so they may solidify that position by having her beat Thanos. They claim she will be the most powerful hero we’ve seen yet so let’s see. I’d prefer her getting in some good licks on Thanos to show her strength but in the end the big 3 need to take him down imo, perfect way to end their arcs in the MCU

Back