The Marvels (2023) - AF/S Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like Captain Marvel’s long sleeve suit shown in the pics. It reminds me a lot of Mar-Vell’s costume from the comics. Since Captain Mar-Vell was my second favorite hero as a kid, I am really hoping they make a version of her in that suit!

As far as Khamala Khan is concerned, I think her look from her TV show is much cooler looking than her outfit from this movie. The movie outfit seems to busy to my eye.

I think Photon’s (Monica Rambeau) costume design is great! Even though it is black & white I think it has a good amount of visual interest.

85004b82b2e030af6ef5f9172bb3ffba.jpg

1685900260304.png

I do think that with this hairstyle her next figure should have her best head sculpt yet, although I do worry about HT and their tendency to make all blond hair look brown. She definitely is sporting dyed blond hair with dark roots, so it will be interesting to see if HT tries to replicate that. They certainly didn't bother with Sylvie.

sylvie_1.jpg

ladyloki2.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 13-52-43 Sideshow Collectibles.png

I actually like Captain Marvel’s long sleeve suit shown in the pics. It reminds me a lot of Mar-Vell’s costume from the comics. Since Captain Mar-Vell was my second favorite hero as a kid, I am really hoping they make a version of her in that suit!

Yep yep her newest suit looks more inspired by Mar-Vell and Classic Ms.Marvel!!! I just wish the colors were as bright as the comics costumes. I think that version of her is a lock on being made! If they inexplicably don’t I’ll riot! 😆

As far as Khamala Khan is concerned, I think her look from her TV show is much cooler looking than her outfit from this movie. The movie outfit seems to busy to my eye.

Yeah I think the consensus on this forum is the main show suit is the most desired, and I have to agree. Butttt I’ll still be happy to get either version regardless.

I think Photon’s (Monica Rambeau) costume design is great! Even though it is black & white I think it has a good amount of visual interest.

Yess!! (y)

View attachment 642698

View attachment 642699

I do think that with this hairstyle her next figure should have her best head sculpt yet, although I do worry about HT and their tendency to make all blond hair look brown. She definitely is sporting dyed blond hair with dark roots, so it will be interesting to see if HT tries to replicate that. They certainly didn't bother with Sylvie.

View attachment 642701

View attachment 642703
View attachment 642702

Oooooooo I’m just so ecstatic about how they’ll go about a new Captain Marvel figure! I can just imagine the new portrait with the rolling eyes feature :drool I think the previous two head sculpts were strong, with good likenesses, but they almost always top a previous sculpt of a character and I can’t wait to see how they’ll update Carol!!! Her new hair style will definitely make for an interesting sculpt.

They do seem to struggle with blonde hair on the production figures; hopefully they’re able to crack the formula in time for her!

Agreed on Kamala's TV costume being better than the movie one, but Monica's outfit looks too busy for my tastes (though I do like the black/white color scheme). Then again, this is the outfit I most associate with her (and there's zero chance it ever shows up on screen):
d8db2468930e17c41d0c28021a299934.jpg

Oops! I hope I didn’t wake you up from a slumber :lol
That would assume I slumber :lol :thud:

Oooooooo I’m just so ecstatic about how they’ll go about a new Captain Marvel figure! I can just imagine the new portrait with the rolling eyes feature :drool I think the previous two head sculpts were strong, with good likenesses, but they almost always top a previous sculpt of a character and I can’t wait to see how they’ll update Carol!!! Her new hair style will definitely make for an interesting sculpt.

They do seem to struggle with blonde hair on the production figures; hopefully they’re able to crack the formula in time for her!
I liked the Endgame sculpt, but this hairstyle actually looks the most appealing of the three. The downside is it will have to be sculpted, which means plastic helmet hair and limited head articulation...

View attachment 642698

View attachment 642699

View attachment 642701

View attachment 642703
View attachment 642702
Yeah so what is the problem with blonde hair? Is it much harder or more expensive or something.
And wow, the hair on Sylvie is not even in the ball park. I felt the same way with the Hot Toys Thor figures (AOU, Dark World, Endgame)

Yeah so what is the problem with blonde hair? Is it much harder or more expensive or something.
And wow, the hair on Sylvie is not even in the ball park. I felt the same way with the Hot Toys Thor figures (AOU, Dark World, Endgame)
Yeah, I don't know why the color has been so off on some of these sculpts. All of their Harley Quinn sculpts have been pretty good (at least the blond hair looks yellow rather than brown) and those have the dark roots as well so it's not like they're incapable of doing that color combination. The hair on the prototype for Eternals' Thena is very yellow/gold so it will be interesting to see how that one turns out in production. Giving Thena brown hair would be an epic fail on HT's part but then that may be one of those "a tree falls in the forest" situations - i.e., no one's buying Eternals figures so will anyone actually care/notice?

Yeah, I don't know why the color has been so off on some of these sculpts. All of their Harley Quinn sculpts have been pretty good (at least the blond hair looks yellow rather than brown) and those have the dark roots as well so it's not like they're incapable of doing that color combination. The hair on the prototype for Eternals' Thena is very yellow/gold so it will be interesting to see how that one turns out in production. Giving Thena brown hair would be an epic fail on HT's part but then that may be one of those "a tree falls in the forest" situations - i.e., no one's buying Eternals figures so will anyone actually care/notice?

Good examples, I forgot about Harley and Thena. Definitely shows they can do blonde hair… when they want to.

Agreed on Kamala's TV costume being better than the movie one,

Samesies! (y) I think most here would prefer the show over the movie costume.

but Monica's outfit looks too busy for my tastes (though I do like the black/white color scheme). Then again, this is the outfit I most associate with her (and there's zero chance it ever shows up on screen):
d8db2468930e17c41d0c28021a299934.jpg

It would make for a more interesting costume for sure! Maybe we’ll get a nod to it in the movie hopefully! Though my fave is indeed her classic b&w.

That would assume I slumber :lol :thud:

My bad, I sorry!

amen-sorry.gif

:lol

I liked the Endgame sculpt, but this hairstyle actually looks the most appealing of the three. The downside is it will have to be sculpted, which means plastic helmet hair and limited head articulation...

EG sculpt is bliss 😁 That’ll be most likely the case, presumably, and I’m also wondering if she’s gonna have a fully sculpted neck like the EG sculpt.

My bad, I sorry!

amen-sorry.gif

:lol
:duff

EG sculpt is bliss 😁 That’ll be most likely the case, presumably, and I’m also wondering if she’s gonna have a fully sculpted neck like the EG sculpt.
I'm hoping for a separate neck like the solo movie release, just so there's some semblance of head tilt.

mlimjZ8.jpg

XDXHjn3.jpg

z58MJyR.jpg

Yc1NFdh.jpg

93qIbbV.jpg

goYAVOe.jpg

p3lPWEF.jpg

P6vJc94.jpg

t6UO4No.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhh so the Marvel Legends The Marvels figures have been revealed!!!!:panic::panic::panic:

They are all looking good at this scale, which has me salivating at how the HT figures are gonna turn out to be :drool :drool :drool

mlimjZ8.jpg

XDXHjn3.jpg

z58MJyR.jpg

Yc1NFdh.jpg

93qIbbV.jpg

goYAVOe.jpg

p3lPWEF.jpg

P6vJc94.jpg

t6UO4No.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhh so the Marvel Legends The Marvels figures have been revealed!!!!:panic::panic::panic:

They are all looking good at this scale, which has me salivating at how the HT figures are gonna turn out to be :drool :drool :drool
Definitely in for this version of Carol, considering most newer figures will have moveable eyes and there will be at least some kind of improvements to the headsculpt (for better I hope).

The previous 2 versions had some flaws on the headsculpt so here's hoping third's time the charm.

mlimjZ8.jpg

XDXHjn3.jpg

z58MJyR.jpg

Yc1NFdh.jpg

93qIbbV.jpg

goYAVOe.jpg

p3lPWEF.jpg

P6vJc94.jpg

t6UO4No.jpg

It’s nice to see the merch start to roll out but I thought the Marvel Legends figures looked like their stunt doubles. :lol

Mostly just Kamala. Looks nothing like Iman. Like they didn’t even try.

It’s nice to see the merch start to roll out but I thought the Marvel Legends figures looked like their stunt doubles. :lol

Mostly just Kamala. Looks nothing like Iman. Like they didn’t even try.

Yep the expression and face sculpt doesn’t have too much of a resemblance to Kamala (but still looks decent overall to me). I think the other two do a good job of making them look like their characters, especially Captain Marvel since the previous versions didn’t quite capture her face. But hey, they’re $20-$25 Marvel Legends so I don’t critique them to a larger extent :lol

Back