1/6 Hot Toys Captain Marvel Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can just about live with rooted hair as long as they smash it with head sculpt. But rooted hair and a likeness that is off (*cough IW Black Widow *cough) and I'll be leaving well alone.

Remember tho, Captain Marvel is now the new face of the MCU for phase 4 and beyond so they may solidify that position by having her beat Thanos. They claim she will be the most powerful hero we’ve seen yet so let’s see. I’d prefer her getting in some good licks on Thanos to show her strength but in the end the big 3 need to take him down imo, perfect way to end their arcs in the MCU
I'm not convinced even Marvel knows who the face of the MCU will be going forward. Strange didn't hit as hard as they had hoped and Black Panther hit way harder than expected. I expect Carol to land somewhere in the middle. Plus I feel like at least one of the big 3 will stick around and if it winds up being Cap or Iron Man they will end up remaining "the face".

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

There's no way they aren't going to have the actual Avengers take Thanos down. Sorry. It makes no sense story-wise. I feel like, for the most part, the MCU architects have earned some trust there.

Anyway, I am insanely excited for Captain Marvel. I REALLY hope we get a green costume version with the helmet as an alt head.

There's no way they aren't going to have the actual Avengers take Thanos down. Sorry. It makes no sense story-wise. I feel like, for the most part, the MCU architects have earned some trust there.

Anyway, I am insanely excited for Captain Marvel. I REALLY hope we get a green costume version with the helmet as an alt head.

Totally agreed; Kevin Fiege has had this planned out for awhile!

By the way, after watching a few trailer discussions on YouTube, one person brought up an interesting prediction/topic. There might be a chance that this movie isn’t going to be filed in the “great column” of comic book movies but that the CM character will not only be important to the story but will also be well received with the movie overall just being kind of “average”. How does everyone feel about that?

Totally agreed; Kevin Fiege has had this planned out for awhile!

By the way, after watching a few trailer discussions on YouTube, one person brought up an interesting prediction/topic. There might be a chance that this movie isn’t going to be filed in the “great column” of comic book movies but that the CM character will not only be important to the story but will also be well received with the movie overall just being kind of “average”. How does everyone feel about that?

Eh, I guess that’s more on everyone’s opinion. Unless we’re talking about box office numbers? I wouldn’t say every marvel movies was “great” to me I think iron man 1 avengers1 and infinity war are in that area. All the other movies are well done pop corn flicks that are well worth repeated watching and add to a bigger coherent story.

Remember tho, Captain Marvel is now the new face of the MCU for phase 4 and beyond so they may solidify that position by having her beat Thanos. They claim she will be the most powerful hero we’ve seen yet so let’s see. I’d prefer her getting in some good licks on Thanos to show her strength but in the end the big 3 need to take him down imo, perfect way to end their arcs in the MCU

:exactly: Agreed! :)

If Time Travel is truly involved, I still wanna just see Cap use Mjolnir at least once. I know that's gonna be one of those scenes in cinema where your heart literally skips a beat when seeing.

If Time Travel is truly involved, I still wanna just see Cap use Mjolnir at least once. I know that's gonna be one of those scenes in cinema where your heart literally skips a beat when seeing.

:exactly: X 1000

My main gripe about AoU was that Vision (the worthy elevator) got to swing Mjolnir around and not Cap.

Not sure about anyone else, and even though she may not appear in this film, I’m excited for the prospect of a Monica Rambeau (Photon) figure later in down the line. I’m more familar with her chatacter wise anyway, and always liked her costume and color scheme.

They may have Cap herself at NYCC, likely a new Aquaman prototype, one or two other figures shown at cons that will never see the light of day.

Please no rooted hair. God, please no.

:pray::pray::pray::pray:
I’d prefer it wasn’t as well, but surely it’s a given...

She doesn’t have a short hair style, or her hair tied back. It’s far longer than IW Black Widow and they went with rooted for that, where they could have done a Jyn Erso.

I’d prefer it wasn’t as well, but surely it’s a given...

She doesn’t have a short hair style, or her hair tied back. It’s far longer than IW Black Widow and they went with rooted for that, where they could have done a Jyn Erso.

:exactly: She'll definitely have rooted hair - would be very surprised if she didn't, hopefully it will look ok. :pray:

Am I the only person who likes rooted hair? never thought anything negative of it on my Scarlet Witches..

In 12 days NYCC so hopefully Hot Toys will show prototypes.
Hmm...this explains the little mini drought of reveals as of late.

Also I LOVE rooted hair! Bring on that faux follicle doo, HT! Wooooo![emoji16]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Am I the only person who likes rooted hair? never thought anything negative of it on my Scarlet Witches..

I think many collectors react bad to rooted hair because of the whole doll aspect of it. Most collectors are male & we don't have our own experience on combing doll hair & the use of products to keep its shape as rooted hair tends to go frizzy over time. But putting the shoe on the other foot long sculpted hair looks like crap as well; My first Thor figure is one with short hair because sculpted Fabio does nothing for me; don't take this as me asking for rooted Thor hair though. Also look at Rocket compared with the movies I can tell I'm getting a plastic figure & not a 1/6th scale talking racoon. As good as the GOTG2 sculpt is, I just don't get that same emersion as I get with other figures of that caliber. In the end I just don't see a good solution to this with either method; as neither are screen accurate. Just hope that what ever method they go with; it is Hot Toys best attempt at capturing the character.

Back