Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was $630.00 at SSC, factoring in HT's constant inflationary price increases, I am more confident than ever that this car is going to put collectors back seven bills easy. Ok, I could see it at $699.99...LOL!

P.S. I would be more than happy to eat crow and have HT prove me wrong on this one!

IMO I dont see it going for more than the 89 Batmobile mainly because i think the 89 license is far more expensive than the 66 license. I think it will be the same or less.

IMO I dont see it going for more than the 89 Batmobile mainly because i think the 89 license is far more expensive than the 66 license. I think it will be the same or less.

Same...small possibility. Less...I would be shocked.

As far as licensing goes, I really don't equate 1989 Batman as any hotter or more "valuable" (at this point in time) than the 60's TV series.

Nice story but I don't believe it. Total bs. Not like it's going to sell out right away anyway why would they need to do pre POs for anyone. HTs sends them stock they don't get a special early stock for a few friends. It's bs. Don't fall for it. Especially say it doesn't even go for PO for several more months. An if it went on PO say tomorrow It won't even be shipping for atleast a good year maybe more.

It was from Jordan Hembrough.. the Toy Hunter on travel channel.

It was from Jordan Hembrough.. the Toy Hunter on travel channel.

Well he might just be exaggerating it slightly. The thing isn't ready and once PO goes up it's probably going to be several month wait maybe a year. Honestly doesn't matter to me. But I'm pretty sure guys like OMG will be getting it first. And deservingly so :)

Same...small possibility. Less...I would be shocked.

As far as licensing goes, I really don't equate 1989 Batman as any hotter or more "valuable" (at this point in time) than the 60's TV series.

ya, idk. The 66 Figures were fairly cheap and usually the more expensive figures are due to license and complexity and the 66 Batmobile is much smaller than the 89 Batmobile. Complexity wise, they both have their own complexities. Just have to wait and see, but Im guessing it will be cheaper than 89. just a guess, i could be wrong :)

ya, idk. The 66 Figures were fairly cheap and usually the more expensive figures are due to license and complexity and the 66 Batmobile is much smaller than the 89 Batmobile. Complexity wise, they both have their own complexities. Just have to wait and see, but Im guessing it will be cheaper than 89. just a guess, i could be wrong :)

I hope you're right actually! My thinking it's going to be $700.00+ doesn't mean I want it to be...LOL!

is it really going to be that much smaller than the 89 batmobile. the one picture i have seen of them both together they look pretty similar in width and length?
its a little smaller, 66 might have more detailing. So idk, really hard to know. Just wait and see :)

hot-toys-1966-batmobile-car-figure-vehicle-3.jpg

Can't wait to own it. Pretty happy with this 1/6 scale vehicles collection we are able to put together. These things look so great on display.

oh man me too. im currently clearing a space and starting on a new display case just for the 66 car. infact i'm not opening batman and robin until the day the car arrives. said it before and i'll say it again, love the 89 batmobile it truly is awesome and the focus of my batman collection to date. but the 66 is THE batmobile for me.

oh man me too. im currently clearing a space and starting on a new display case just for the 66 car. infact i'm not opening batman and robin until the day the car arrives. said it before and i'll say it again, love the 89 batmobile it truly is awesome and the focus of my batman collection to date. but the 66 is THE batmobile for me.

I'm actually waiting for the 66 Batmobile to get out up on Pre Order before I purchase the dynamic duo figures...should be anytime now...:pray:

I have a little over 9000 points that I have been saving up for this car. I may possibly order two if I can swing it. And please no one say..."Swing and a Miss!"...LOL

The license for this can't be cheap. I'm curious what the deal between Warners and Fox was to allow DVDs and merchandise to come out, but for the car you also have Barris in the mix for a percentage. We'll be lucky if it's only $700.

The license for this can't be cheap. I'm curious what the deal between Warners and Fox was to allow DVDs and merchandise to come out, but for the car you also have Barris in the mix for a percentage. We'll be lucky if it's only $700.

Dave has spoken and I am changing my price prediction to one thousand dollars (cue Dr. Evil GIF if I had one)!

Back