Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is everyone still confident that this 66' Batmobile will go up for PO this year? I certainly hope so. As soon as it does i'll be ordering the 1/6 dynamic duo figures...inhand pics of these two figures have been nothing but a joy to look at and displayed next to the Batmobile will reach an all time high of epicness :love

I don't see this coming out. Hot toys seem to have too much on with Marvel figures besides Maleficent :(

I don't see this coming out. Hot toys seem to have too much on with Marvel figures besides Maleficent :(

Oh it's coming out...one of the first licenses this company ever wanted was batman 1966... Perhaps because they grew up on it Also, but whatever the case, they've put too much r&d into this project , and they know it'll sell like crazy...

Preorders will show up, just be patient.

It took forever for the '89 Batmobile preorder/specs and pics to pop up, then the additional long wait to receive it in hand. It felt like an eternity, but we did end up getting it. This Batmobile will be no different, the wait will be a killer, but it'll be worth it in the end. Even if preorders do pop up in the next month or so, you're still looking at a loooooong time frame before it actually arrives to the doorstep. We just have to forget about it for a bit, it'll come when people least expect it and be here before you know it.

This has taken much longer than either of the previous Batmobiles to appear.Tumbler teased May 2008,preorder around August same ,in hand June 2009.'89 unveiled SDCC 2011,preorders January 2012,in hand June 2013.This was the first thing teased from the '66 licence,a year before the figures which we ve had in hand for a few months now.I do nt know,I can only think that perhaps they ve updated it to make it more accurate to the TV car or,more likely,deep seated concerns about it arriving in one piece.

This has taken much longer than either of the previous Batmobiles to appear.Tumbler teased May 2008,preorder around August same ,in hand June 2009.'89 unveiled SDCC 2011,preorders January 2012,in hand June 2013.This was the first thing teased from the '66 licence,a year before the figures which we ve had in hand for a few months now.I do nt know,I can only think that perhaps they ve updated it to make it more accurate to the TV car or,more likely,deep seated concerns about it arriving in one piece.

great point there...I also feel that the delay could be to do with redesigning the packaging to ensure its safe arrival. No doubt Hot Toys certainly felt the heat from their customers in regards to all the complaints they received due to the amount of damaged 89 Batmobiles...despite the 66 Batmobile not having a protective cocoon/shield like the 89 version, I'm pretty sure that Hot Toys will be taking no chances with this one. Besides, this 66 Batmobile has a lot more intricate design work to it that could possible get damaged throughout transit...if this was to be the case for the delay then I'm all for it. Certainly don't want to have to go through the fiasco we went through last time and go through countless 89 Batmobiles in order to get a perfect one :gah:....which in my case was 3rd time lucky :yess: :lol

Wouldn't they worry how they will package it after it's gone up for preorder? It's been nearly 2 years since it was revealed at SDCC. Back to the future delorean will probably be up for preorder before this.

Wouldn't they worry how they will package it after it's gone up for preorder? It's been nearly 2 years since it was revealed at SDCC. Back to the future delorean will probably be up for preorder before this.

maybe they'll be extra great and give us both preorders at sdcc at the same time?! :wink1:

Last year's SDCC HT area was a bust...nothing really major or new......I'm hoping for better this year.....

No, they definitely did. They also unveiled the final (and hugely, enormously, gigantically improved) QS Batman (so improved that I'd go as far as to consider it a new release), The Bat, the (probably cancelled) TDKR armory, and so on.

Back