Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how the person who was crying the most about hot toys not making this suddenly disappeared when this vehicle is about to become a reality

The full scale version is pretty sweet too! From 7 years ago:

66 Batmobile.jpeg

Hot Toys fully intended to make this, originally... it was in a number of other promotional pics that included the other Bat vehicles which they had already made, or which were in production at the time (eg. 1/12 The Bat from Dark Knight Rises).
They just had production issues, and (in my opinion) they didn't think there was enough of a market to be worth the production.
When the Jazz Inc version gets released, it will be immensely satisfying!!!

I remember that HT interview about the 66 car. Production issues something about the glossy paint or something, weird. But they manage to make the 1/12 The Bat smh, very poor choice in my opinion.

Resize of DSC02915.JPG
Resize of DSC02921.JPG
DSC03015.JPG
I'm sure HT version had hood and trunk panels as separate parts. Although I haven't seen them displayed with them open. Maybe they didn't have hinges.
Would love to go for the deluxe version with moving parts and some lights.
Actually I wouldn't mind hood and trunk as separate parts and maybe have open/close fixed pose instead of full hinges.
1/6 Macross VF-1 Cockpit had that for the canopy.

I mean the only 1966 batman related stuff we got was just batman and robin, the batmobile would had been a nice addition to the collection but, painting model cars is not hard they should have talked to their buddies in overpricing cars AutoArts and they would had helped haha. It was that and the LED for the siren they could not get to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No disrespect, but the fact that at least two of us here weren’t aware of his posts might want to make you revisit that assumption. If you go back a few posts earlier, you’ll find more of the same.

As for him being a very busy guy, I get that. My only complaint, which I think any reasonable person would agree with, is that he found time to send an email Saturday to solicit new sales, but neglected to mention that DC items I’ve already paid for in full may never be delivered. That’s kind of important information, wouldn’t you say? I mean, if you were going to reach out to your customer base, and you know for a fact that not everyone is on facebook, and you only had the time to mention one thing, wouldn’t you rank “potentially not fulfilling their paid in full orders” somewhere near the top?

If it’s truly come to a point in time where things are going a bit sideways with the DC stuff, then that’s just the way it is. All that said, a big part of my trust as a customer is hearing that directly from the man himself, if and when that time ever comes. After all, he was man enough to take my money, he should be man enough to give me bad news. You have nothing to complain about because you got that consideration as part of his facebook group. Unfortunately, that courtesy was not extended to all of us customers and it’s disappointing.

Back