Hot Toys 1/6 PS4 Spider-Man Spider Armor - MK IV Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't paid too much attention to comics in a long time, but I remember the initial 2099 runs way back when, I thought they all lasted like a year or two. Did Spider-Man 2099's comic last long to gain all this popularity? He's constantly requested. I don't see anyone asking for Punisher 2099 merchandise lol. That was the only 2099 comic I read the full run of.

I collected the initial run and then followed from a distance. Spider-man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) has always had a consistent popularity. After the first 2099 runs shut down, the occasional 2099 one-shots would frequently feature Spidey 2099. Additionally, Spider-man 2099 (or at least a "version" of him) joined the popular "Exiles" time-traveling mutant team comic for a little while (which also featured other fan-faves like the AoA Sabretooth, Morph and Blink).

Spider-man 2099 was also featured in a lot of recent Spider-man video games as well...and not just as an alternate suit, it was Miguel O'Hara and it was part of the story. He was one of the playable "Spider-verse" Spider-man's in the 2099 segments of "Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions" and was actually the dual-protagonist in "Spider-man: Edge of Time" alongside Peter Parker.

Back in the comics, Spider-man 2099 gets stranded in the present day following the "Spider-verse" and "Secret Wars" storylines. I think he ends up dealing with the present-day version of the future evil corporation "Alchemax" and also gets the new "2099 White Suit". I think he ends up going back to 2099 at some point.

O'Hara also had an end-credits cameo in "Into the Spider-verse" and was voiced by Oscar Isaac. Rumor is he will have a bigger part in the "Spider-verse" sequel.

Point being - Spidey 2099 has been around and has retained his popularity (especially with those of us 90's kids that remember the first run)...unfortunately we haven't seen much of the other 2099 characters!

Plus...as was noted, the suit is awesome and stands out. It's a great design!

Last edited:
Little modification to the 3 that I want. Now 5. :pray: :pray:

102561186_567958297230568_6794689462577135616_n.png
1HeyUsJ.png

101365925_567958883897176_394057313763196928_o.png
101535973_567958597230538_1496158677969666048_o.png

d0WY2eq.png

I collected the initial run and then followed from a distance. Spider-man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) has always had a consistent popularity. After the first 2099 runs shut down, the occasional 2099 one-shots would frequently feature Spidey 2099. Additionally, Spider-man 2099 (or at least a "version" of him) joined the popular "Exiles" time-traveling mutant team comic for a little while (which also featured other fan-faves like the AoA Sabretooth, Morph and Blink).

Spider-man 2099 was also featured in a lot of recent Spider-man video games as well...and not just as an alternate suit, it was Miguel O'Hara and it was part of the story. He was one of the playable "Spider-verse" Spider-man's in the 2099 segments of "Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions" and was actually the dual-protagonist in "Spider-man: Edge of Time" alongside Peter Parker.

Back in the comics, Spider-man 2099 gets stranded in the present day following the "Spider-verse" and "Secret Wars" storylines. I think he ends up dealing with the present-day version of the future evil corporation "Alchemax" and also gets the new "2099 White Suit". I think he ends up going back to 2099 at some point.

O'Hara also had an end-credits cameo in "Into the Spider-verse" and was voiced by Oscar Isaac. Rumor is he will have a bigger part in the "Spider-verse" sequel.

Point being - Spidey 2099 has been around and has retained his popularity (especially with those of us 90's kids that remember the first run)...unfortunately we haven't seen much of the other 2099 characters!

Plus...as was noted, the suit is awesome and stands out. It's a great design!

Thanks for the full explanation!

The first 2 are definitely happening, it's simply a matter of patience.

The 3rd one however...I'd say it's a 50/50 shot. But damn, if HT did a 2.0 of the Raimi suit based on the game...all bets are off!!! Y'all mofos will be buying 2 or 3 of em, won't you?! :lol

Yes. Idk why ht hasn?t jumped on the raimi verse yet. It seems to be booming bsck into popularity now that rumors of Tobey coming back in dr strange and spiderverse 2 have been circling

These are my 3 major wants from this line... I feel spoiled that I got the original Scarlet Spider because that was my #1, but I'm gonna be greedy and also want the Kaine Parker version too.

Untitled.jpg

I do hope that if they make Spider-Armor Mk1, that it's more of a silverish chrome and not black chrome like all the game makes it look.

Honorable mention to Spider-Man 2099 White, and Future Foundation.

I have got the Advanced Suit, Scarlet Spider, and the Negative Suit. I pre-ordered this one although I doubt I will display him with the Cardboard/styrofoam light feature. As much as I support this line there are only 5 stand outs that are sure fire day one purchases for me if they are made...

d0c44fdd8cfe6127c124251f66810187.jpg

8eb90f62eeee3d6edde49462d1505c43.jpg

7854394d7d30f756a951e8256bd18b90.jpg

40b424df3850f1774fa81f3123a78266.jpg

12e083fd576399e8ed57299883582875.jpg

Not a fan of the Velocity suit because I am on the fence about the head, and the comic Iron Spider I dig but cannot get over the separate knees which turns a high dollar collectible looking more like a toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very tempting as my 1st spiderman! I really want the classic suit. Hoping they keep going but I may pick this up just in case they fizzle out.

This is very tempting as my 1st spiderman! I really want the classic suit. Hoping they keep going but I may pick this up just in case they fizzle out.

Not likely. HT knows as cash cow when it sees one. Still, this figure is worthy of an order in its own right. The light gimmick doesn't do much for me, but otherwise it's a nice looking suit.

You're welcome, guys. I'm sure some others have some additions or other reasons but Spider-man 2099 is one of the most common, longest-running, and popular 'alternate' Spider-man's. He's been around longer than Miles Morales, Ben Reilly (in his 90's return as Scarlet Spider/Clone Saga), and the Ultimate Spider-man version of Peter Parker, and has popped up all across Spider-man multimedia platforms in one form or another.

-Looks like the Velocity Suit might be the next pre-order. That was a suit designed specifically by the game-makers. Looks cool, but I might pass...

-Unless Maguire pops up as Spidey again in a movie, I don't really see Hot Toys re-doing the Raimi suit. They've been there and done that and did a solid job. Plus, I think they'd rather focus efforts on the other suits...but you never know! I see it as a possible SDCC/Asia Toy Fair release.

-Hopefully Hot Toys is listening to the fans wanting 2099.

-I still think that Sony, Marvel, and mainly...Hasbro, play a HUGE role in which Spider-man suits they allow to be made. There is part of me that thinks this "approval process" might actually prevent the 'Classic Suit' from being made. Hasbro holds the "master Marvel license" for Marvel toys and they've been known to be quirky sometimes. Hot Toys hasn't even made a Cosbaby of the Classic Suit and they made A LOT of Cosbabies of the other Spidey suits already. That is an interesting omission.

You're welcome, guys. I'm sure some others have some additions or other reasons but Spider-man 2099 is one of the most common, longest-running, and popular 'alternate' Spider-man's. He's been around longer than Miles Morales, Ben Reilly (in his 90's return as Scarlet Spider/Clone Saga), and the Ultimate Spider-man version of Peter Parker, and has popped up all across Spider-man multimedia platforms in one form or another.

-Looks like the Velocity Suit might be the next pre-order. That was a suit designed specifically by the game-makers. Looks cool, but I might pass...

-Unless Maguire pops up as Spidey again in a movie, I don't really see Hot Toys re-doing the Raimi suit. They've been there and done that and did a solid job. Plus, I think they'd rather focus efforts on the other suits...but you never know! I see it as a possible SDCC/Asia Toy Fair release.

-Hopefully Hot Toys is listening to the fans wanting 2099.

-I still think that Sony, Marvel, and mainly...Hasbro, play a HUGE role in which Spider-man suits they allow to be made. There is part of me that thinks this "approval process" might actually prevent the 'Classic Suit' from being made. Hasbro holds the "master Marvel license" for Marvel toys and they've been known to be quirky sometimes. Hot Toys hasn't even made a Cosbaby of the Classic Suit and they made A LOT of Cosbabies of the other Spidey suits already. That is an interesting omission.

Eh...HT is also a huge fan of 2.0 and repaints for Iron Man...so now that Spidey is the new IM I think they would consider a Raimi 2.0 version in the vain of the VGM license. They like money after all.

Back