Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be getting this one, I loved the character, but I think I would have preferred his early on look more with the armour plating and the tribal mask....idk about anyone else but I loved that look

Surprised there isn't as much fanfare over this figure though I guess with Infinity War on the horizon I can understand. While I liked his mercenary look, I always liked BP's gold-trimmed suit from the comics, so it made me appreciate Killmonger's final suit even more since it signified his status as king. Definitely excited for this figure, and I personally think Killmonger is the best MCU villain that we've gotten so far.

I could see there being more fanfare over it closer to release, since this one’s projected so far away; all the announce IW figs will be out before it supposedly.

Surprised there isn't as much fanfare over this figure though I guess with Infinity War on the horizon I can understand. While I liked his mercenary look, I always liked BP's gold-trimmed suit from the comics, so it made me appreciate Killmonger's final suit even more since it signified his status as king. Definitely excited for this figure, and I personally think Killmonger is the best MCU villain that we've gotten so far.

It’s clear with IW in the horizon, Hot Toys is holding back on hyping this.

A little disappointed with that but what with how well the film is doing in theaters, I hope there’ll still be buzz about this after Infinity War. As well as teases of a potential mercenary Killmonger.

Loved this character. Definitely the most 3 dimensional and rounded out villain dare I say in all of Comic Book movies thus far. To the point of transcending the role of of how most, if not all comic book antagonists have been portrayed in movies.

In film, the closest I’ve ever seen a comic book antagonist come close to that is Magneto in X Men First Class. But even in the other X films, the character borders on the kinda one note, mustache twirling type. But with Killmonger you get a more current, real world sort of pathos that’s rooted in growing up in inner city Oakland. Making Michael B Jordan’s take on the character very fresh, identifiable, and scary at the same time.

It’s clear with IW in the horizon, Hot Toys is holding back on hyping this.

A little disappointed with that but what with how well the film is doing in theaters, I hope there’ll still be buzz about this after Infinity War. As well as teases of a potential mercenary Killmonger.

Loved this character. Definitely the most 3 dimensional and rounded out villain dare I say in all of Comic Book movies thus far. To the point of transcending the role of of how most, if not all comic book antagonists have been portrayed in movies.

In film, the closest I’ve ever seen a comic book antagonist come close to that is Magneto in X Men First Class. But even in the other X films, the character borders on the kinda one note, mustache twirling type. But with Killmonger you get a more current, real world sort of pathos that’s rooted in growing up in inner city Oakland. Making Michael B Jordan’s take on the character very fresh, identifiable, and scary at the same time.

Well said Bruce Wayne! :goodpost::exactly:

Well said Bruce Wayne! :goodpost::exactly:

Thanks man! :duff

Love the tragic villains/antagonists. They’re done very well in movies outside of the Comic Book Genre. Like Tom Hardy’s character in Warrior gave me the similar feels for example. But as it pertains to movies like that, you get the one story and the antagonists serves their purpose and that’s that.

But in Comic Book movies, it seems like it’s very hard to do because they can run the risk of turning into cheesy villain. So SPOILERS....it’s a shame the characters journey had to end in Black Panther. But it was definitely necessary. I still have my fingers crossed that he’ll show up again but there’s still that fear of the character becoming one note.

Thanks man! :duff

Love the tragic villains/antagonists. They’re done very well in movies outside of the Comic Book Genre. Like Tom Hardy’s character in Warrior gave me the similar feels for example. But as it pertains to movies like that, you get the one story and the antagonists serves their purpose and that’s that.

But in Comic Book movies, it seems like it’s very hard to do because they can run the risk of turning into cheesy villain. So SPOILERS....it’s a shame the characters journey had to end in Black Panther. But it was definitely necessary. I still have my fingers crossed that he’ll show up again but there’s still that fear of the character becoming one note.

I've never seen Warrior, I'll definitely check it out. I hope he appears again too, in the comics he's resurrected several times. If I'm correct I think BP barely defeated him one time throughout all their battles. Micheal B Jordan added so much swag to the character, low key I kinda enjoyed him more than BP. Anyway the movie was great, I'm glad it's breaking records. I'm just glad to finally see a representation of myself on the big screen as a Hero, it's been a long time since Blade lol.

Lol! Wow! You’re right. What is that like 20 YEARS right? I’m pretty sure Blade has a special place in all our geek hearts for what it was back then, but man you just reminded me of how long it’s been since I was in High school.

Anyway yeah the feels for this movie are great. And the record breaking is just the icing on top. Honestly though you’re not the first to mention that you were feelin ;) Killmonger moreso than BP. I think there’s even a fair amount of people not completely satisfied with T’challas arc.

Andy Serkis as Ulysses Klaue was great. Unfortunately I don't think he's high on HT list so it's pretty unlikely we're going to see him. Who knows, maybe he'll be a Toy Fair surprise one year. Or, maybe we'll get more ceramic troopers that no one wants.

:lol

I was surprised though:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I know Thursday/Friday is usually "new figure reveal day" on their facebook, but anybody hope we get to see the Killmonger sculpt too this week? I really want to know what that head looks like before I order one. How long did it take for them to reveal the Tom Holland Parker sculpt? Seemed like 2 or 3 weeks tops.

I know Thursday/Friday is usually "new figure reveal day" on their facebook, but anybody hope we get to see the Killmonger sculpt too this week? I really want to know what that head looks like before I order one. How long did it take for them to reveal the Tom Holland Parker sculpt? Seemed like 2 or 3 weeks tops.

They often don’t show it until it ships.

Back