Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Black Panther Erick Killmonger

The head sculpt seals the deal for me. They could have easily gone with just the helmet, super awesome of them to include it.

This is nice but I'm still hoping we get his other look.

Digging this more than the regular BP costume. For some reason the material they're using on this suit just works better? Like the proportions and all the posing doesn't look awkward one bit.

Although I'm not sure why Hot Toys painted his costume line details gold. They were all black in the movie.

justin-holt-28238752-1853322181368804-5012693497102322887-o.jpg

It probably looked that way in the early concept art they were given, odds are they will tweak it now that the film is out (like WM3, etc)

I noticed that some posts no longer exist after the forum went dark 2 days ago, so I'm gonna post again.

I'm really digging the material they are using on these new BP suits. It seem more durable and posable, especially in comparison to the Tech Suit Spidey. Whatever it is they're using, I really wish they used it for Spider-Man too!

I could see them doing the tactical version too as a summer exclusive or as a standalone. The film is huge. I can honestly say I would get a figure of Klaue. Andy Serkis is a genius.

A tactical Killmonger and Klaue setup would be aces, as unlikely as it might be. I know everyone loves MBJ’s performance, but Andy Serkis just killed it as Klaue once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insta-Ordered. Now if HT would just produce an Okeyo and/or Shuri, but those are probably a long shot.

Probably, but they shouldn't be. They got a ton of screen time.

They only produce near full lineups for the Avengers films. Standalones will get the main hero. Even the main villain is a longshot these days. With this film the Killmonger suit wasn't a huge stretch for them to make. Anyone else will be a bonus, might see one extra figure at SDCC like Yondu and even that's no guarantee it'll make it to pre-order, the golden guarantee of production.

I'm not sure that we've seen a suit with printed details on it from Hot Toys before; whatever technique they're using for Killmonger's jaguar print, I'd be interested to see Hot Toys adapt it to create a seamless but super-poseable Predator figure.

They only produce near full lineups for the Avengers films. Standalones will get the main hero. Even the main villain is a longshot these days. With this film the Killmonger suit wasn't a huge stretch for them to make. Anyone else will be a bonus, might see one extra figure at SDCC like Yondu and even that's no guarantee it'll make it to pre-order, the golden guarantee of production.

Hopefully the extra hype and the fact that it's making a lot of money means we'll get a fuller line than usual!

Hopefully the extra hype and the fact that it's making a lot of money means we'll get a fuller line than usual!

I hope so. I really want the 3 main ladies. I know it probably won't happen though.

They only produce near full lineups for the Avengers films. Standalones will get the main hero. Even the main villain is a longshot these days.

Maybe one day the Gods will bless us and we'll get some sort of Bring on the Bad Guys wave with Yellowjacket, Klaue, Kaecilius, Nebula and Vulture. A man can dream...

I wouldn't buy him myself, but as a standalone figure I think he may well look better than his Black Panther counterpart.. but then the villains do often look cooler than the heros.

Do I see rooted dreads on that blurred head sculpt?

Finally made it to the theater to see Black Panther over the weekend. Been swamped with work and an office move. It’s been a struggle avoiding spoilers for sure.

But man do I ever need a mercenary Killmonger from Hot Toys! Does anybody know of any rumblings regarding that?

The dude is like Bruce Wayne if Bruce Wayne was black growing up in Oakland. Definitely the best MCU villain to date. He’ll be hard to top.

Back