Hobgoblin Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it!! Size and all!! The detail of the base and the effect of the dive down the building while pointing and laughing at his enemy is great!! I do wish Sideshow would get their scales sorted out though!! This is not a small piece though either!! I think in hand it will be quite amazing!! Will have to wait until mine gets here!

too small. smoke looks bad. sculpt looks bad. too expensive.

pass on minigoblin.

too small. smoke looks bad. sculpt looks bad. too expensive.

pass on minigoblin.

and i'm sure that will be the last we hear of it from you :lol:lol:lol

wk0gly.jpg

1 week on and EX not sold out....lol...

sideshow has just revealed their unethical business strategy that they had all along...they claim all their EX SOLD out, but after awhile all the get back in stock again... worse still , they later dump em in the gift card area//

i have just cancelled 95% of my orders and am only keeping spidey, hulk comiquette....and i spend 10000usd a year at least... thye have just lost a good customer and i'm sure alot more..

any comments guys...? jus very pissed off that most exclusive are selling much cheaper than pre order price wtf???

I find it so much easier not worrying about all the BS like edition size, sold out status, secondary maret value, etc... It seems that folks get so wrapped up with this stuff, they tend to forget to enjoy what attracted them to this hobby in the first place.

The idea is to buy a statue because you like the way it looks. The fact is, not very many of these pieces actually go up on the secondary market, and especially not right when they're released. Just ordering stuff because you think it's going to be rare or sold out soon is a big mistake, and just leads to dissapointment in the long run.

btw: the real reason the EX isn't sold out yet is because of the new NRD and cancellation fee policy. Folks are having to think twice before ordering, instead of just clicking away without really making a decision.

The is why "sold out" stuff would end up back in stock when it's actually released. A good percentage of the orders were done by wishy-washy customers that never really wanted it that bad in the first place, or by flippers that realize they aren't going to make butloads of $$$ on the piece :lol

Maybe Sideshow can decrease the edition size on this the same way they ass-ended the folks who had the 100 edition Optimus Prime that got put up to 150.

A fake low quantity meter should appear soon.

FIASCO !!!!

yeah i'm really disappointed on how ssc is handling this release.
i mean why can't they at least just say what scale it is :dunno i ordered it and won't cancel anyways, but do they think by not saying anything that people will just say "oh geez i guess i might just as well order it with the NRD and take my chances"

So, one thing I don't think Sideshow counted on with thier NRD for exclusives is the pressure it puts on them to deliver.

So, for me, now I have to be 100% certain I want the statue prior to pre-ordering the exclusive. That of course, is the intended outcome of the NRD. Making sure people arent ordering/cancelling every statue. BUT NOW, an exclusive statue not only has to be of the right character, AND amazing for me to pre-order BUT, the exclusive has to be worth it as well! Art Print's alone are no longer worth the risk that I can't afford it in 6 months and lose $30! Not when I can get the regular cheaper AND with no risk in the NRD department.

Ok, so drop the exclusive edition size and you're good right? Not so much. you have to take into account the loss of the random pre-order that turns into an actual sale for two reasons (which I think happens more then Sideshow realizes). One, a person literally FORGETS to cancel and is too cheap to pay for shipping plus shipping back (which is essentially an expensive and late game NRD). Two, a person has nothing else on order and figures...ehh what the heck let it come.

Now, the chances of either of those scenerios is significantly decreased if I didnt initially order the statue...in fact, chances are I'm not going back and ordering unless the statue (AND EXCLUSIVE FEATURE) turns out to be AMAZING.

Long story short...Sideshow needs to keep the Exclusives awesome now. You put a quarter on the other side of a croc/pirahna infested river and I'm unlikely to attempt crossing. Put a pot of gold and I'll find a way to get it. The risk has to be worth the reward!

All of it.

Really, it's mainly Hobby I don't care for. I don't like the cape, I don't like how the mail on the arms is done. The sculpt seems forced, and not well thought out.

I like the concept of him flying around the top of a building though. That's cool.

Usually, I can look at the high def photos and see the reality of how cool a piece could be. I didn't get that with this one.

I agree, but glider looks very good.

it's been a week and for such a piece with an ES of only 300, it should've been sold out in a couple days.
i have no doubt ssc will still sell out this piece but with not even a low quantity alert yet, maybe ssc will take notes on this one and make sure pieces which are suppose to be displayed together are in the same scale.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

so we should just stay and look what is going on, i was going to order, but i want to see and wait !!

Sideshow is in denial about scale not being important to some collectors. It is a great statue really, but it looks like people are passing on this cos it is not going to match spidey, venom and carnage size wise.

Sideshow is in denial about scale not being important to some collectors. It is a great statue really, but it looks like people are passing on this cos it is not going to match spidey, venom and carnage size wise.

Yup that's why I passed on this. I really want it to go with Spidey, Venom & Carnage but it appears to be smaller based in his waist / crotch area. I don't want a smaller scale statue to be displayed with those 3.

If they said this was 1/4 up front, they would had my money already.

Yup that's why I passed on this. I really want it to go with Spidey, Venom & Carnage but it appears to be smaller based in his waist / crotch area. I don't want a smaller scale statue to be displayed with those 3.

They already will have it when the scale is found out to be in scale with Spider-Man and all his friends...:yess:

Ditto, it's too bad that this is probably 1/5 scale. I just don't get it, both Spideys are 1/4 scale, who is he supposed to go with? Worse thing is they are keeping mum about the scale. :slap

Last edited:
Back