Hobgoblin Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah there's going to be alot of disappointed people, including myself but i've already ordered it (thinking it'd match with spidey):thud: and now i've got some oddball spidey villian that won't display with either ssc pieces or bowen.:monkey4

great move ssc, great move. i hope you still get stuck with about 250 of these on your shelfs for all eternity. then maybe, just maybe you'll start listening and actually thinking of what the customer wants.

cause obviously you haven't been doing that for quite sometime.:impatient:

Ditto, it's too bad that this is probably 1/5 scale. I just don't get it, both Spideys are 1/4 scale, who is he supposed to go with? Worse thing is they are keeping mum about the scale. :slap

I'm also not impress with the price on this thing too. How can a 1/5 scale cost more then Gambit PF or Carnage (which both are great and flawless statues to begin with)? They are both 1/4 scale too. Makes absolutely no sense?:dunno:gah:

then maybe, just maybe you'll start listening and actually thinking of what the customer wants
cause obviously you haven't been doing that for quite sometime.
I understand that they cannot give us constant "A" list characters, so they have to toss in "B" or "C" list characters (and sometimes Z list). I understand the NRD. I understand their silence on certain complaints. Hell, I can even understand increasing ES to meet demand. What I don't understand is the feeling that Sideshow devs. just ignore common sense or overwhelming requests/complaints.

Especially when we get comiquettes pushed in different scales when the overwhelming majority of fans are saying that scale consistency is important. X-Men are my bread & butter and I have passed on all of their 1/5th comiquettes. A 1/5th Hobgoblin when Spiderman was JUST released in 1/4th is a slap in the face to all Spiderman fans.

They really need to look back at the basics of what put their Marvel line on the map. For the most part, they were classic interpretations of key characters in 1/4th scale. Sure, the AH! line was in 1/5th, but the LINE scale was consistent. The dioramas were EPIC match ups. /rant off...

Last edited:
I understand that they cannot give us constant "A" list characters, so they have to toss in "B" or "C" list characters (and sometimes Z list). I understand the NRD. I understand their silence on certain complaints. Hell, I can even understand increasing ES to meet demand. What I don't understand is the feeling that Sideshow devs. just ignore common sense or overwhelming requests/complaints.

Especially when we get comiquettes pushed in different scales when the overwhelming majority of fans are saying that scale consistency is important. X-Men are my bread & butter and I have passed on all of their 1/5th comiquettes. A 1/5th Hobgoblin when Spiderman was JUST released in 1/4th is a slap in the face to all Spiderman fans.

They really need to look back at the basics of what put their Marvel line on the map. For the most part, they were classic interpretations of key characters in 1/4th scale. Sure, the AH! line was in 1/5th, but the LINE scale was consistent. The dioramas were EPIC match ups. /rant off...

Heck yeah, I'm a huge X-men fan as well. If they made 2 costume sets of X-men in 1/4 scale I would buy them all and mix and match. I think they went about it the wrong way, they tried to distinguish the 2 lines with scale when really all they needed was a change of costumes and poses in the same scale and many of us fans would buy both.

Leave the 1/5 line to BAH! I'll just pass on the 1/5 stuff, but would at least like to know the approximate scale of NRD items so we can circumvent the guesswork. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I'm also not impress with the price on this thing too. How can a 1/5 scale cost more then Gambit PF or Carnage (which both are great and flawless statues to begin with)? They are both 1/4 scale too. Makes absolutely no sense?:dunno:gah:

Yeah I would pick Gambit or Carnage over a 1/5 scale any day no matter how elaborate the base was. Unless the statue can actually hover above the ground then it wouldn't matter what scale it was! : P

:monkey2
tell me about it.

here are the ONLY responses we got to the question..:dunno

I have passed along your request, but the office is closed for the weekend, so there's no way for me to get exact info like that at the moment. I haven't personally seen the piece in front of me, however, since he's a Spidey villain and a Comiquette, I'm pretty sure it's a safe assumption that he's about 1/5th and would go well with the Spidey/Venom comiquettes.

great response there. :dunno:lol

Well, whatever scale they all are, Hobgoblin will go well in a Spidey fan's collection since he's a Spidey villain :)

(and you can count me among those that don't really care that much about scale ;) I've got all my PF's and variously sized comiquettes squared off together! Definitely care more about the 'cool factor' than the size!)

i wonder how many of US don't really care about scale :monkey3 judging by the fact this COOL statue is still not sold out at an ES of only 300, i'm guessing there isn't many of US that ordered it.:lol:lol

i would most certainly cancel this if it wasn't for the fact i'd lose over $50 on it.

NEVER again ssc, NEVER will you get my $$ unless full disclosure is made about such things.

EDIT: to avoid sounding like others that continiously post in threads stating the same thing over and over again. i'm done with this, unless ssc posts something different.

yeah right like that will ever happen. (ok i'm really done now):peace

Last edited:
:monkey2
tell me about it.

here are the ONLY responses we got to the question..:dunno

great response there. :dunno:lol

i wonder how many of US don't really care about scale :monkey3 judging by the fact this COOL statue is still not sold out at an ES of only 300, i'm guessing there isn't many of US that ordered it.:lol:lol

i would most certainly cancel this if it wasn't for the fact i'd lose over $50 on it.

NEVER again ssc, NEVER will you get my $$ unless full disclosure is made about such things.

EDIT: to avoid sounding like others that continiously post in threads stating the same thing over and over again. i'm done with this, unless ssc posts something different.

yeah right like that will ever happen. (ok i'm really done now):peace

I'm just curious why u preordered in the first place knowing that the scale is smaller then 1:4th? :dunno

Seems like alot of people were hoping comiquette be 1/4 scale but most are 1/5. I am still not sure if Venom comiquette is 1/4. The current Venom 6'3" 245lbs(Mac Gargan) is suppose to be huge anyway?

Seems like alot of people were hoping comiquette be 1/4 scale but most are 1/5. I am still not sure if Venom comiquette is 1/4. The current Venom 6'3" 245lbs(Mac Gargan) is suppose to be huge anyway?

If you take Venom's standing height x 4, the comiquette is almost 7 feet. So yeah it's 1/4 scale.

If you take Venom's standing height x 4, the comiquette is almost 7 feet. So yeah it's 1/4 scale.

LOL, I knew you would reply. I've seen it in person but I doubt the LCS would allow me to measure, especially since it is sold.
In Fuzzy, I trust. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm just curious why u preordered in the first place knowing that the scale is smaller then 1:4th? :dunno

i actually got a call while i was at my sons hockey game from my brother inlaw saying this went up for order and he asked if i wanted him to order one for myself, since he knew i was not going to be at a computer most of the day. well thinking like the old days and with an ES of only 300 :horror i told him to order it cause i didn't want to miss out on such an awesome Spidey villian. :monkey2

well i guess i jumped the gun a bit, but who would've even thought this would of turned out to be such a FIASCO

i actually got a call while i was at my sons hockey game from my brother inlaw saying this went up for order and he asked if i wanted him to order one for myself, since he knew i was not going to be at a computer most of the day. well thinking like the old days and with an ES of only 300 :horror i told him to order it cause i didn't want to miss out on such an awesome Spidey villian. :monkey2

well i guess i jumped the gun a bit, but who would've even thought this would of turned out to be such a FIASCO

Maybe u can tell SS your situation that your brother inlaw ordered for u by mistake and you can get it reverse it.

From the looks of it on the ask sideshow thread this is now being confirmed at 1/5. Feel a bit gutted but I love the Hobgoblin character so this was always going to be a must by for me whatever scale, but if Sideshow are now planning to trot out the rest of the Spidey villians in 1/5 then they better seriously look at their pricing because no way will I be forking out this price again for a 1/5 scale Electro/Sandman/Vulture. Characters like Rhino/Lizard/Green Goblin might test my resolve though

From the looks of it on the ask sideshow thread this is now being confirmed at 1/5. Feel a bit gutted but I love the Hobgoblin character so this was always going to be a must by for me whatever scale, but if Sideshow are now planning to trot out the rest of the Spidey villians in 1/5 then they better seriously look at their pricing because no way will I be forking out this price again for a 1/5 scale Electro/Sandman/Vulture. Characters like Rhino/Lizard/Green Goblin might test my resolve though

Yah you are quite right about the price of Hob. This is extremely overprised if I compare the value of carnage & Gambit. No way should Hob cost more then them. :lecture

Agreed. I really like this piece. But 1/5th? This could have been a real hit for that price @ 1/4...

Yeah, after finally getting the confirmation it's 1/5 I don't know what they were thinking. :slap

Would love to have got a Hobgob to go with 1/4 scale Spideys. A smaller Hobgob just isn't as impressive to me. :(

At least our apple comparison pics weren't too far off then.

Yeah, after finally getting the confirmation it's 1/5 I don't know what they were thinking. :slap

Would love to have got a Hobgob to go with 1/4 scale Spideys. A smaller Hobgob just isn't as impressive to me. :(

At least our apple comparison pics weren't too far off then.

I don't know if Hobgoblin is popular enough to warrant it, but perhaps some years down the line, we'll get him in PF form. His outfit, if done correctly, could look quite awesome in mixed media.

Back