Hobgoblin Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if Hobgoblin is popular enough to warrant it, but perhaps some years down the line, we'll get him in PF form. His outfit, if done correctly, could look quite awesome in mixed media.

Yeah, that's kinda sad tho, I would love a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Hobgob to go with the fully sculpted 1/4 scale Spidey. Sculpted cloaks with the wind flowing through them look amazing when done right and instil as sense of motion that looks fantastic. Fabric is nice but you can't catch that exact quality unless you have a fan blowing at him 24/7. :( Looks like they dropped the ball on scale again sigh.

Apart from the Marvel ladies and dios, I have decided to stop buying all 1/5 scale stuff in support of the 1/4 and larger scale formats. If you guys want bigger pieces in the future, then don't order and support the smaller stuff, we already have Bowen and Koto doing those. Hopefully, sooner or later SS will get the message.

Last edited:
This being 1/5 scale is apparently due to artistic license which is really an asinine attitude from a company that has lost some touch with its market.

Apart from the Marvel ladies and dios, I have decided to stop buying all 1/5 scale stuff in support of the 1/4 and larger scale formats. If you guys want bigger pieces in the future, then don't order and support the smaller stuff, we already have Bowen and Koto doing those. Hopefully, sooner or later SS will get the message.

Fuzzy, I'm not sure SS will or even wants to get the message. Concentrating primarily on the 1/4 scale market means adopting a business strategy of "putting your eggs in one basket". In this economic environment, companies are trying desperately to diversify their revenue streams. Obviously SS sees some value in participating in the 1/5 scale market, so the question becomes does SS want to leave those dollars on the table and simply focus on the 1/4 scale market?

Also if SS started focusing on 1/4 scale I would be concerned that prices on 1/4 products would see a sizable increase. Material and labor expenses associated with larger products would have to be passed on to the customer. Given the fact that most collectors have seen their net disposable income decline over the past couple of years, significantly raising the price of 1/4 products could lead to problems.

Fuzzy, I'm not sure SS will or even wants to get the message. Concentrating primarily on the 1/4 scale market means adopting a business strategy of "putting your eggs in one basket". In this economic environment, companies are trying desperately to diversify their revenue streams. Obviously SS sees some value in participating in the 1/5 scale market, so the question becomes does SS want to leave those dollars on the table and simply focus on the 1/4 scale market?

Also if SS started focusing on 1/4 scale I would be concerned that prices on 1/4 products would see a sizable increase. Material and labor expenses associated with larger products would have to be passed on to the customer. Given the fact that most collectors have seen their net disposable income decline over the past couple of years, significantly raising the price of 1/4 products could lead to problems.

Not if they are charging 1/4 scale price for a 1/5 scale statue! Yes diversity is good but adjust those damn prices!:pfft::lecture

U got ban from SF for what thread? I sometime think they take things too seriously. I hope your ban was temporary?:dunno :panic:

:rotfl

That thread about worst exclusive print or something. No warning, at all. Granted, I should have been more articulate(or mindful?) with my critique but HELLOO, my response was in accordance with the question asked. Whatever. I hope that mod's collection spontaneously combust beginning with his/her cherished piece but I jest............*crickets chirping*............no, really. I do.

:rotfl

That thread about worst exclusive print or something. No warning, at all. Granted, I should have been more articulate(or mindful?) with my critique but HELLOO, my response was in accordance with the question asked. Whatever. I hope that mod's collection spontaneously combust beginning with his/her cherished piece but I jest............*crickets chirping*............no, really. I do.

Your xxnij (given your name is in reverse)? I PM the Mod Armitege about it and told him that you shouldn't had been banned. He said you & I should know the rules about this. I told him we all make mistake & that he shouldn't had even posted "I hope you have a nice vacation" & the Thor Hammer with the word Ban should not had been posted at all. He since deleted those 2 posts & told me that your banned was only for 2 weeks (though I disagree with it).:dunno

So you should be backed on SF by next week. :hi5:

Not if they are charging 1/4 scale price for a 1/5 scale statue! Yes diversity is good but adjust those damn prices!:pfft::lecture

Can you imagine what SS would be charging if they were solely focusing on the 1/4 market and not receiving any income from the 1/5 scale market?

It wouldn't make sense for SS to give up the 1/5 scale market unless they could make for that lost revenue. One way to do that would be to significantly raise the prices of the 1/4 scale pieces.

Can you imagine what SS would be charging if they were solely focusing on the 1/4 market and not receiving any income from the 1/5 scale market?

It wouldn't make sense for SS to give up the 1/5 scale market unless they could make for that lost revenue. One way to do that would be to significantly raise the prices of the 1/4 scale pieces.

I don't follow your logic. Isn't there a possibility that they could crank out more 1/4 statues to make up for lost revenue from the 1/5 market? That's like saying if Sideshow drops the Dinosaur line they'd have to raise prices for Marvel pieces to make up for lost revenue from Dinosaur statues.

Granted I have no idea how much they make from the 1/5 line but there is no evidence that they'd have to raise prices for 1/4 statues if they abandoned the 1/5 scale.

Last edited:

Why are you giving SS ideas about raising the PF prices? :thud::slap:slap:slap:gah::gah::gah:

I don't follow your logic. Isn't there a possibility that they could crank out more 1/4 statues to make up for lost revenue from the 1/5 market? That's like saying if Sideshow drops the Dinosaur line they'd have to raise prices for Marvel pieces to make up for lost revenue from Dinosaur statues.

Granted I have no idea how much they make from the 1/5 line but there is no evidence that they'd have to raise prices for 1/4 statues if they abandoned the 1/5 scale.

Darren you are correct that SS could possibly crank out more 1/4 pieces, but given the fact that the 1/4 or PFs are generally larger pieces, include fabric, etc... I would assume the costs are higher than producing 1/5 pieces. So it becomes a riskier venture for a manufacturer to produce and carry this inventory.

One way a manufacturer can minimize the risk of carrying higher cost inventory, is to carry less inventory. Of course carrying less inventory may result in missed sales if demand outstrips supply. The manufacturer can have their cake and it is too so to speak, by carrying less inventory while charging a higher price for their product. This strategy allows them to minimize the amount of working capital tied up in inventory while simultaneously maximize profits.

Remember, if SS pulls out of the 1/5 scale market they are leaving dollars on the table. SS will want to recoup those dollars as quickly as possible with the least amount of risk. One of the primary risk in manufacturing is tying up your working capital in slow moving inventory. Given the number of cancellations we are seeing reported by fellow forum members, and given the number of products released months ago that are still available, I would not be surprised if currently SS is sitting on more inventory than they would like.

Again, this is one potential outcome for SS if they elected to drop the 1/5 scale lines. I'm basing this off of my own personal experience of providing financing and approving financing requests for manufacturers over the past 16+ years. This is pure speculation on my part, I am not claiming that I kow with 100% certainty how SS would handle dropping 1/5 scale product lines. I was simply thinking out loud. There are a number of ways SS could handle and a switch to being primarily a 1/4 scale producer.

Why are you giving SS ideas about raising the PF prices? :thud::slap:slap:slap:gah::gah::gah:

i don't think the idea is really all that new to them.:gah:

i also think that the price is one of the reasons i ordered this since it was in line with the cost of venom and carnage which made me think it was 1/4 scale.

i have to agree the cost of this compared to others seems a bit steep.:monkey4

Your xxnij (given your name is in reverse)? I PM the Mod Armitege about it and told him that you shouldn't had been banned. He said you & I should know the rules about this. I told him we all make mistake & that he shouldn't had even posted "I hope you have a nice vacation" & the Thor Hammer with the word Ban should not had been posted at all. He since deleted those 2 posts & told me that your banned was only for 2 weeks (though I disagree with it).:dunno

So you should be backed on SF by next week. :hi5:

:monkey4:lol:rotfl

Did you really do that!? Anyhoo, yeah, I saw that "enjoy your vacation" post before it was deleted and thread closed. Shenanigans, I tells ya!

Yup! U should be back on air in SF less then 2 weeks time.:1-1:

Bah! To hell with that! My plan was to migrate there but now that I know that place's being run my Modzis, I'm staying put! They hurt whatever feelings I have left in me.:monkey2

:lol
Seriously though, I'd rather be here than over there. It's so boring there!:exactly:

Bah! To hell with that! My plan was to migrate there but now that I know that place's being run my Modzis, I'm staying put! They hurt whatever feelings I have left in me.:monkey2

:lol
Seriously though, I'd rather be here than over there. It's so boring there!:exactly:

I'm the opposite. I find that it's easier threads and easier to search there then here...:monkey3 :wink1:

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. I find that it's easier threads and easier to search there then here...:monkey3 :wink1:

Really? I find their format a little messy for my taste. I don't know, maybe I got spoiled here...:dunno

Wow! We totally derailed this thread!:slap

*LOVE* HOBGOBLIN. The sculpt could be better though especially how the cape flows. The base looks a tad Bowenesque and I prefer the regular portrait over the exclusive one. That's it, I guess.

Back