Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw it..Was just OK...NO WAY near as good as THOR

Not worth a second view.Definite hype and no cigar for the Lantern

Is it more lighthearted and kid friendly than Thor?

Absolutely. The cursing is definitely less than I would have expected, even the relationship isn't played up as much as it could have been. Hector though I would say is scarier than Parallax, while he came off to a laugh in my theater there were some young kids there that were digging into their parents' sides when they saw Hammond, which didn't happen with Parallax.

I had a lot of people laughing at Hector during certain moments as well. The film didn't seem to take itself too seriously and worked for me. :dunno

Jeremy Jahns Liked it, and he's one of the few critics I normally agree with
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWsr0XlzJVM&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Green Lantern movie review‬‏[/ame]

Absolutely. The cursing is definitely less than I would have expected, even the relationship isn't played up as much as it could have been.

Interesting. Now I'm looking forward to it as a potentially nice change of pace from other modern superhero films. I was disappointed in how dark Superman Returns got at times (among other things.)

The white contacts made him look like he had cataracts. LOL

GG-gifs-gossip-girl-17714751-300-169.gif

You first :lol

I liked it but I liked Thor more.

Wait, wasn't there a recent argument about this kind of language :lol

Let me rephrase that, I liked both, didn't hate either :lol

I just liked Thor more.

Not because I'm more of a Marvel fan over DC or that I prefer Thor over GL or Avengers over JL, I just enjoyed the Thor movie more, that simple.

The crowd for Thor also gave me a better group experience, but I don't think that clouded my judgement one bit though.

Following my own rule of owning movies I like.

I do not own Wolverine Origins or X-Men Last Stand but I will own GL.

I feel it warrants and earned a sequel, it shouldn't stop here.

It was a fun ride.

There :clap

3 for 3 for me :yess:

I want Cap to BLOW everything out of the water right about now :pray:

You mean you didn't read my thoughts a couple pages back? :monkey2 :rotfl

This was a really good movie. I enjoyed the hell out of it and am tempted to see it again.

I agreed with a lot of your points Josh, thanks for the shoutout ;)

No problem. Thanks for helping me learn more about a character I wasn't that familiar with. :duff

The white contacts made him look like he had cataracts. LOL

FryFanboy.png

;)

Did anyone else get a kick from
Spoiler Spoiler:
? I thought that was funny and cute.

Yeah, more realistic and got a laugh from just about everyone. Did anyone catch:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, more realistic and got a laugh from just about everyone. Did anyone catch:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I thought that was funny. I laughed and caught it not sure about others of course.

I just saw it,not in 3D though,didn't see what would be in 3D?
It was OK,I'm not a fan of the comic book.
There was a bit too much CG for my liking.

I hope you guys were able to get past the horrible editing in the film,the easily forgettable final battle, and the back and forth edits with "Rocky" Dennis from 'Mask'....

Just got back from the Theatre! DONT LISTEN TO CRITICS!!!

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!! :yess: You have to see it for yourself.

Ryan Reynolds is of course, getting WAYYYY To much backlash, he did a fine job as Hal and gave a compelling performance, along with the entire cast!!! Blake is SOOO HOT! <3. Sinestro was also a great character!

The Effects were fantastic! The film had an epic scope and the characters and story were well put together. The suit looked awesome and the villian(s) were also very cool! It was an awesome movie and so far, my favorite of the summer! Bravo to the cast and crew!!

The funny thing is i read some critics reviews and to be honest, idk what the hell they were talking about, shure some stuff could of been better but IMO they pulled off a powerful green lantern movie! And in an awesome way!!!

I WANT A Squeakquel!

10/10!!

I hope you guys were able to get past the horrible editing in the film,the easily forgettable final battle, and the back and forth edits with "Rocky" Dennis from 'Mask'....

I was able to get past the crappy editing since the pacing didn't bother that much and was never a dull moment for me. The final battle was what I expected and then some.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Also as I've mentioned I really liked Hector, thought he was a very solid villain and was a highlight for me personally. :dunno

Certainly can see why many don't like it, but it's nice to see people giving it a shot on their own.

Back