Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With you on THOR...best movie this year so far! and in top 5 in Comic Movies

For me it was on both accounts. I will "friendly" debate with others here on why X-Men or something else was as its fun to just BS. However, as I said Thor just struck me in a way which I think I described best I could in my review that nothing else so far has. I just really loved it.

I admit to my knowledge of GL to being pretty limited. I know enough to know a little with a lot of what I know from Mike's postings. I also know enough to know there's a pretty good chance I would like this movie before I saw the trailers. So now after seeing stuff I feel good about things.

I have to say with GL not being the flop I was fearing, I have higher hopes for Cap. Thats the one I've been most worried about though. I think the fictionalized WWII could ruin it. They really needed to stick with more of an Indy WWII (ie no lasers!).

Oh, and I got some SWAG tonight too! They handed out mini posters, a GL bag, and a GL water pouch thingy :lol

I have to say with GL not being the flop I was fearing, I have higher hopes for Cap. Thats the one I've been most worried about though. I think the fictionalized WWII could ruin it. They really needed to stick with more of an Indy WWII (ie no lasers!).

I haven't worried about either of these two. Maybe a little before seeing Thor and X-Men but after how well those two came out I just feel really good about these two.

Oh, and I got some SWAG tonight too! They handed out mini posters, a GL bag, and a GL water pouch thingy :lol

How do you know it's not a flop?

Thought you meant box office which is usually associated with the word flop.

Yeah, but I think its a good enough flim that it won't flop. It not the next Dark Knight by any means but I'm sure we'll get GL 2 at least. WB really wants this to be a hit and its almost there. I think a second film will easily surpass this one. Having read the books for the least 2 years, I know the potential of this series.

By the way, saw it in 3D. Unless you just love 3D, I'd say see it in 2D. The 3D didn't add anything and if anything, it made the action scenes harder to see.

My friend and her boyfriend had passes for a special screening of the film tonight. I text her to see if the film was good and she replied "it was pretty bad" when i asked her if it was a 'kids' movie (which I feared it would end up being, ie fantastic 4) she said "no, ____ty story" lol

Glad you liked it though Butt, makes me more optimistic.

I'll probably see it this weekend. The early reviews have me a little apprehensive though.

I did a poll today at work, where i'm surrounded by a ton on non comic book reading or superhero movie folks and here are the results:

Cap lead with the males, almost every male said they were going to see Cap and that it would be unpatriotic to not do so. About 30% of the females said the same thing.

When asked if they saw Thor, very few males said yes, no females that I spoke with said they went to see Thor.

GL was a pass for everyone. :horror

For non Superhero movies, Transformers 3 and Conan the Barbarian won most of the male votes but most of the women said they will pass on Transformers and Conan, saying that Arnold is an ass :slap

Favorite superhero named by males was Batman then Spiderman then Cap about tied with Wolverine.

Cap might be on to something.

Last edited:
hunni, I think it really going to come down to if one likes and get the idea behind GL. I don't think your friends did. My family didn't either. So perhaps you have to be a bit more familiar with the property to get it and like it. :dunno

I thought the story was fine, but the action was lacking. A lot of development though, just like most first superhero films. Its not until the first sequel that you really get the sense for a superhero IMO.

I think this will definately be a mixed bag for a lot of people, but I do think it will do well in the end.

I did a poll today at work, where i'm surrounded by a ton on non comic book reading or superhero movie folks and here are the results:

Cap lead with the males, almost every male said they were going to see Cap and that it would be unpatriotic to not do so. About 30% of the females said the same thing.

When asked if they saw Thor, very few males said yes, no females that I spoke with said they went to see Thor.

GL was a pass for everyone. :horror

For non Superhero movies, Transformers 3 and Conan the Barbarian won most of the male votes but most of the women said they will pass on Transformers and Conan, saying that Arnold is an ass :slap

Favorite superhero named by males was Batman then Spiderman then Cap about tied with Wolverine.

Cap might be on to something.

Did you write all this down or is this from memory only?

Saw it tonight for free in 3D with Incurable Collector,
liked it a lot! Effects looked a lot better than the first preview.
Overall I enjoyed it quite a bit, not as good as Thor, but still plenty fun.

I'm planning on seeing a movie tomorrow while my wife and daughter see Mr. Popper's Penguins.

Should I see Thor or Green Lantern?

Back